Basic Rights in the US

That and the enormous amount of paperwork that the Feds required. My doctor of over 20 years, closed up shop and moved to Japan because they were fed up with the bureaucratic workload and the low reimbursement for services rendered.

What the hell? The entire premise of the WOP was to end poverty and welfare was the cornerstone of the whole program.

The correlation has been provided for you whether you understand it or not.

Intellectual property law has been an interest of mine for ten years. I’ve followed court cases and I’ve read legal briefs concerning it.

I’m aware of what is needed to be done to get a patent granted. That’s how I know about provisional patent applications, for example. I know how expensive it can be, legally, to get one filed. The best I can recall is that it costs around $10,000 on average to get one.

Did you know that the NSA gets awarded secret patents that continue to stay secret until someone else applies for a patent on the same thing, at which point the NSA’s patent is revealed and then remains valid for as long as any other patent, no matter how long it had been classified for? I bet you didn’t know that.

If the USPTO doesn’t grant nonsense patents, then how did Amazon’s 1-Click patent or Microsoft’s patent on an IsNot operator? And how the fuck did this one get through?

Even if the USPTO (or any patent office, for that matter) only granted patents that met the eligibility requirements set out by patent law, that wouldn’t mean anything if it’s patentable subject matter that’s up for dispute. An example of this would be patents on living organisms. Though such patents have been granted, there are people who deny that they ought to be patentable as a matter of law.

You cannot say that I do not know what I’m talking about.

Are you listed as an inventor on any patent?

That is not relevant.

So you are not a contributor to the nation’s intellectual property. You just want others to create it and then you can take it.

Hmmm… wealth redistribution.

I’m hoping I didn’t cause you too much trouble back then!

That’s great! I’m glad to hear the progress you’re making.

I was under the impression that you were the company owner.

“PC” really isn’t the problem over at the Hannity forums. The moderators are surprisingly non-partisan in their moderation. What counts as “addressing the poster” and “abuse of guest” has expanded vastly in scope despite no change in the rules. Can’t call anyone “lib” or “con” anymore (no one’s complained about it). I can’t even call an argument stupid anymore. It counts as “addressing the poster”.

It seems like I can let loose in this place, so I think I will have more fun here. :japanese_ogre:

Man, I want this forum software to support a devilish grin emoticon!

It’s great to see you again, too, Husker.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl:

What a joke.

I love the way you are happy for the taxpayer to pick up the tab for those whose are not prepared to take responsibility for their own actions. The system you are proposing will be burdened by those who take little or no responsibility for the lifestyle choices. Self inflicted conditions like obesity, diabetes, alcohol abuse, drug abuse, smoking diseases, gender reassignment, breast enlargement, sexual diseases and birth defects (especially with your growing Muslim population). Why should the taxpayer be financially responsible for those who do not take personal responsibility?

1 Like

Well to be fair, I’ve been told numerous times SS is going to be bankrupt by the time I retire and yet the Feds haven’t stopped taking my “contributions” for it. Funny how that works. SS wasn’t an entitlement when it was created. It sure seems like one now though.

1 Like

SS should be a safety net, not a lifestyle choice

I think people should also be able to opt out of it.

2 Likes

Speaking of entitlements… Just how many taxpayers are funding Pelosi’s Botox treatments?

I think the Mafia are paying for that :wink:

SS can easily be made solvent simply by raising the full retirement age to 70 (incrementally over 6 years) and the early retirement age to 65. They already raised it to 67 over a number of years, but they left early retirement at 62. It’s no big deal. I personally did not file until I was forced to at age 70.

2 Likes

Which is exactly how it was advertised when Roosevelt convinced Congress to implement it.

2 Likes

LOL, you mean raise taxes on workers to pay for the influx of asylum seekers and illegals who want to live the good life in the US. Minimum wage never is enough to support a family and it was never meant to sort people just help them build a resume and work experience before they move up in society.

The SCOTUS has ruled it is an entitlement as congress can change the terms at any time and you are not guaranteed benefits even though you paid taxes all your life.

There is no box with all your money, just a ledger entry saying yep we took your money and spent it.

It’s a classic pay as you go system.

This is the politics of greed and envy where you can have everything veryone else has and not work or wait for it.

Free college, free healthcare, so I can waste my money on fun things, stripping the wealth from producers and people who work for it all fall in the same category of, I want what you have without working 80 hours a week, working 20 years gaining experience. Give it to me NOW!

I disagree. What is the delivery mechanism for UHC?