Basic Rights in the US

Something he likes when he’s horny on a Saturday night.

What is a mandate?

True, but only capitalism allows for the freedom of choice in any true sense as to how those resources are distributed.

It also allows for the exceptional to excel rather than lowering the bar for everyone.

4 Likes

this I agree with and well said TWR.

More wealth per capita has been generated in the US in since 1787 than in any nation in the history of the planet.

Like any other system capitalism has it’s flaws but no other system can match its benefits.

2 Likes

There is a mandate from the electorate to provide national & border security

1 Like

Exactly, whatever the polls show today is irrelevant, it’s what he was elected to do.

I have never cared about who paid for it, it should have been completed by 1990 as was originally promised.

Just compare the cost of the 10 million plus illegals that have come into the country since 86 and compare that to the cost of completing effective physical barriers everywhere they will work and are practicable.

The cost of building those barriers is irrelevant since it will pay for itself faster than 90% of homeowners can pay off their own mortgages.

2 Likes

More importantly it’s actually a delegated power to given the federal.

1 Like

I’m not typical by any measure.

There is a sense in which nothing is “free”, but that is only if we want to look opportunity costs. If we do that, however, we get things like:

• A patent holder’s rights come at the cost of the liberty of everyone else to produce the invention.
  • Lowering welfare payments is done at the expense of welfare recipients.
  • One person’s ownership of a plot of land costs everyone else access to that plot of land.

During the contentious Federal land grab in Alaska under the Carter administration, many Alaskans were screaming about “locking up the land,” and that it should be open to private ownership. I pissed quite a few of them off by pointing out to them that the ultimate lock up was private ownership.

It’s totally typical.

People have accepted that the are services offered by the ACA are free. Few grasp the concept that the costs are built into the premiums. That’s what there is so much bitching about the right costs for insurance.

60% of Americans get a handout from the Federal government. That covers everything from subsidized student loans to SS to medicaid and medicare. Then Americans bitch about the high cost of college, the high costs of healthcare. People are so compassionate for illegals and asylum seekers and don’t want border security. Then people bitch about stagnant wages as the excess people keep wages low.
The examples are endless.

People wear their blinders very day. Few can see cause and effect.

2 Likes

I lived in the mountains of Colorado for years. A county where over half of all property was owned by the Federal Government. The results, we struggled to fund our schools, our community services and paid higher taxes than most of the counties in the state as there was less area for people to live and less in taxes for services. Then a fire on Federal property happened by natural causes or careless campers. The Federal government would allow the fire to burn then react to put it out after it was out of control. The people in the area often suffered in loss of home value or a burn out.
We had an outbreak of mountain pine beetle on Federal Land. The government decided it was too expensive to get it under control. It destroyed millions of acres of trees and quickly covered private property as it was uncontrollable when it hit private areas. Loss of property value and an increased chance of wildfire.

Government is a piss poor next door neighbor and they are remiss in managing their property.

2 Likes

Two of those are right and proper. I would go so far as to say righteous and proper for the second of those two.

One isn’t a delegated power of the federal government.

Not necessarily. This can be achieved by creating more jobs and getting more people into employment, thus increasing tax receipts and reducing the number of claimants

Hey, THAT wasnt me!!!

2 Likes

Sorry Rurudyne, I didn’t mean to imply that it was

Depending on the level at the time, cutting welfare may be the opposite of “righteous”.

Patents are divided between “fine”, “undeserved privilege”, and “tyrannical”.

Nothing of what you said changes the truth of my points though.

Welfare is the function that there is no delegated power given the federal for. The good it may or may not do is immaterial to its lawfulness.

It is the private ownership of real property, land in particular, that can be righteous.

Highlighting and quoting out of a quoted post within a post puts the poster as the quoted one even though the poster did was quote a post.

Is this clear? :joy:

Example:

You’re wrong, but I didn’t realize you were talking about constitutionality.

Neither here nor there, but it occurred to me that the “lawfulness” or “unlawfulness” of something under a polity’s charter may put its legitimacy into question in the eyes of whatever faction(s).

How do you gauge the legitimacy of any given constitution?

What point of mine are you replying to? I didn’t question land ownership’s legitimacy nor do I actually question it. Why land in particular though? Why not cars or real estate or tools?