Basic Rights in the US

That’s what dantes does. :wink:

You’re unpopular. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

The republicans have at least been attempting to address the issue for four decades, see “The Secure Fence Act” signed into law by Bush.

There were just enough holdouts/turncoat republicans to prevent anything substantial passing the house during the last term and there were never enough votes to get cloture on anything that didn’t include amnesty in the Senate so the efforts failed.

I’ve had no lack of criticism for the republicans failures to do what is necessary on border security either over the years nor on this site since I got here but the facts are what they are.

The crisis became one of epic proportions due to the influx of unaccompanied minors and “family units” over the last four years which has completely overwhelmed ICE and DHS on top of all of the preexisting issues.

Bush invoked all of his Executive Powers during Katrina by declaring states of emergency and disaster declarations to include deploying the US military and coast guard along with RA, Guard, and AF rescue and relief forces.

Good luck trying to declare emergencies over “climate change” and “UC” on national security grounds as both are summarily rejected at the CA and SCOTUS levels.

There is no constitutional right to having healthcare provided by anyone much less by the Fed’s and nothing even remotely resembling a crisis of any proportions.

There is no science that supports the claim that the current inter-glacial cycle is fundamentally different than the last four either much less that it constitutes any sort of emergency. The climate in this country just like the rest of the world has but one steady state and that is that it is always changing.

Maybe it’s his ignorant twin?

More likely his alter ego. :wink:

polling is no more than guess work

1 Like

Unfortunately the left couple the right to healthcare and attach free.

Everyone should know that nothing is free in life, someone always pays.

1 Like

Easy to skew polls. You selectively chose the results by who you target.

2 Likes

And people that use to cross in San Diego just move to a chain link fence or an unfenced area.

This is an interesting map of fencing or no fencing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2018/national/us-mexico-border-flyover/?utm_term=.0e6dbb7aa684

Today fencing isn’t really the issue but asylum. Every person in a caravan is coached on how to gain temporary asylum into the US. They can cross at a crossing or be arrested for crossing illegally. The results are the same they all pretty much gain access to the US.

This we can agree on :joy:

Since she and the DNC with her was the alternative … yeah, it kinda is. He’s not great but he’s still better than anything your bunch could produce … which admittedly is setting the bar on the ground as it spans across a fetid cesspool that is the DNC.

Frankly, I don’t see any American Leftist has room to criticize anyone because they’re a liar or a crank. All the DNC seems to have these days are liar or cranks or liars who are also cranks.

Then can we also agree that popularity is a piss poor metric to decide national security issues?

5 Likes

Only in a very trivial sense “nothing is free”. Like this: every possible arrangement of resources comes at a cost to everyone else.

yet Reagan wanted to do something about and made a deal with the Democrats who backstabbed him

House Republicans did squat because they hated Reagan like how the republicans in congress today hates Trump

You think this is a democracy, don’t you?

Except the beneficiary of the arrangement.

Attitude of the typical American if I don’t pay for it, it’s freeee,

Doesn’t matter. I post facts.

There is no mandate on the taxpayer paid for wall.

Mandate? What’s a mandate?

Exactly! You are on track