Barr: I think spying did occur! Wow

Link to come!

But absolutely shocking and if true we could see heads roll

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/doj-watchdog-fbi-informant-in-russia-probe

Not exactly a bombshell that a Trump appointee would say this.

Now if he finds real evidence of this occurring that will be different.

Evidence is out …

He said he thinks spying did occur.

Devil’s advocate or are you naturally a contrarian? Or maybe you just hate yourself?

Just pointing out facts and giving my opinon.

"Attorney General Bill Barr testified Wednesday that he believes “spying did occur” on the Trump campaign in 2016, as he vowed to review the conduct of the FBI’s original Russia probe – and the focus of a related internal review shifted to the role of a key FBI informant.

“I think spying did occur. The question is whether it was adequately predicated. … I think it’s my obligation. Congress is usually very concerned with intelligence agencies and law enforcement agencies staying in their proper lane,” he testified before a Senate Appropriations subcommittee, while noting that "spying on a political campaign is a big deal.

The comments follow a new report that the Justice Department’s internal watchdog also is scrutinizing the role of an FBI informant who contacted members of the Trump campaign during the 2016 election, as part of a broader review of the early stages of the Russia investigation. The New York Times reported that Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz is looking into informant Stefan Halper’s work during the Russia probe, as well as his work with the FBI prior to the start of that probe.

Halper, an American professor who reportedly is deeply connected with British and American intelligence agencies, has been widely reported as a confidential source for the FBI during the bureau’s original investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election. That official counterintelligence operation was opened by then-senior agent Peter Strzok, who has since been fired from the bureau.

During the 2016 campaign, Halper contacted several members of the Trump campaign, including former foreign policy adviser George Papadopoulos and former aide Carter Page. Page also was the subject of several Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrants during the campaign – which is an issue at the heart of the IG’s investigation. Republicans, including President Trump, have alleged misconduct in the bureau and Justice Department’s handling of those FISA warrants.

“It was an illegal investigation. … Everything about it was crooked,” Trump told reporters on Wednesday, describing it as an attempted “coup” and reiterating his interest in digging into the probe’s origins. “There is a hunger for that to happen.”

Hence why it needs to be investigated to determine the truth. If it finds evidence of spying on Trumps campaign then the appropriate action needs to be taken but Trump needs to shut up about if and let the investigation do its job.

Nixon’s people spied on Democrats: worst scandal ever.

Obama’s people spied of the Republican candidate: meh, no big deal.

3 Likes

Please let Schiffless be among the referrals.

Out of curiosity, Are you from the United States? Are you an American citizen?

There is already evidence! Where have been living? Under a rock? The President of the United States is privy to classified information in which is not available to the public! He will be declassifying information in the coming weeks.

You seem to be clueless about the subject matter at hand!

Interesting he is all over Chinese news here in Asia the last couple of days. That can’t be good!

What are you thinking?

What do you mean what am I thinking? Can you be a little more specific?

Why he’s all over Chinese news?

I have no idea, but they sure are fixated on him. I suspect it has to do with some kind of Lobbying issue like pay for play deal that will have some kind of impact economically. I think a lot of California Democrats are in bed with the Chinese. The recent Chinese national that was caught in Mara-Largo is now being called a spy by Pompeo. I think the Chinese sources are drying up pretty quick due to ramped up scrutiny and are getting desperate.

1 Like

Thats chilling if he’s trying to hurt trumps trade negotiations, and promising something else.

Not talking about cheese, but I’ve encountered plenty of folks who though they swear evidence will change their mind are completely dismissive of any evidences that can actually be offered because they don’t meet their standards. In the extreme these will fall back on a lack of conviction as proof that there is no evidence to be found. It’s part of what I deem to be the remarkable defenses of the Left to protect them from ever having to consider anything they may not like.

1 Like