Attorney General William Barr calls out President Trump

Apparently Barr is going to do his job the way he wants even if his boss doesn’t like it or flat out disapproves it. Must be nice to be a member of the deep state that has the balls to say this kind of shit about and (indirectly) to the President who hired you.

If ever a tweet served President Trump badly, it was his Monday night complaint about prosecutors’ sentencing recommendation for Roger Stone. And kudos to Attorney General William Barr for publicly calling out the president on it.

Barr on Thursday took the extraordinary step of sitting down with ABC News’ Pierre Thomas to clear the air on the Stone affair. He made it clear the president “has never asked me to do anything in a criminal case,” but that Trump’s tweets about the Justice Department “make it impossible for me to do my job.”

The AG knows this could get him fired, but he will only do the job on his own terms. “I’m not going to be bullied or influenced by anybody . . . Congress, a newspaper editorial board or the president,” Barr said. “I’m gonna do what I think is right.”

He did intervene in the Stone case — before Trump tweeted about it, and on the basis of his own judgment.

While within Justice Department guidelines, the Stone sentencing recommendation on Monday was remarkably harsh — up to nine years in prison for a 67-year-old, when Stone’s crimes, mainly misleading Congress in sworn testimony, would typically bring a few months for a first offense.

The on-hands prosecutors justified the far-tougher line because Stone allegedly intimidated another witness, his pal Randy Credico. But Credico says he didn’t feel intimidated. And their direct supervisor had questioned their intent to go harsh — yet they went ahead anyway.

On learning of the recommendation Monday, Barr says he quickly ordered a change. When that happened on Tuesday, the prosecutors quit the case, and one resigned from the Justice Department.

Trump’s tweet in the interim naturally had critics (Republican and Democrat) up in arms over what seemed outrageous political interference in the course of justice.

In fact, Barr had to reconsider his course: “Do you go forward with what you think is the right decision or do you pull back because of the tweet? And that just sort of illustrates how disruptive these tweets can be,” he told ABC.

We have complete trust in Barr’s integrity. The left keeps trying to paint him as a Trump toady, but that’s only because he’s determined to reverse the Obama-era politicization of the Justice Department.

Yet the president’s tweet totally fed his enemies’ claims. Trump’s core supporters might laugh it off, but the affair will sow doubt in the minds of Americans in the middle, whose votes Trump needs in November. And it could cost him a crucial Cabinet member.

Please, sir: Think before you tweet, and trust your people to do their jobs.

Watch the full interview. You’ll come away with a different impression than what the main stream press is trying to feed us.

Good to know that an unelected bureaucrat isn’t going to listen to the person we elected to tell him what to do. Could you imagine high level officials saying this stuff in any other administration? The deep state is showing its hand and is scared. Get rid of this fat useless clown now and get somebody in the AG position who will actually do something.

Wow - Barr sounds like a real jerk. “Hurr durr I’m not gonna listen to my boss because I’m special and will do what I want” - ok jackass, you want to sit there on your hands and do nothing like Sessions? Cool - don’t let the door hit you on the way out. It’s time these idiots learn that in this country everyone has a boss - especially the AG.

He’s not an unelected, unaccountable bureaucrat. He’s a political appointee who serves solely at the pleasure of the POTUS who can be booted out for any reason or no reason at all.

You didn’t watch the actual interview did you?

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/barr-blasts-trumps-tweets-stone-case-impossible-job-210000976.html

Well worth sitting through.

NO , they were too busy breaking the LAW !!!

I guess that’s why it’s important for the media to present the facts. I have time to read an article. I don’t have time to listen to some lazy bureaucrat drone on and on and complain about how hard his job is because he has a tough boss.

They don’t. That is why it is important for you to take the time and form your own opinion.

Refer to the above.

Thanks for providing the video. I watched the whole thing and Barr clearly stated that he is going to do what he thinks is right regardless of anyone else’s opinion about it. He also said he was prepared for the ramifications of his statements. He’s acting like he is the ultimate deciding official in all things and he isn’t. Barr is a member of the executive branch of which the president is responsible. The president has the right to express his view on things and to provide his direction, at his discretion, to his subordinates. Barr is his subordinate. No one elected Barr.

“The President wasn’t bothered by the comments at all and he has the right, just like any American citizen, to publicly offer his opinions. President Trump uses social media very effectively to fight for the American people against injustices in our country, including fake news. The President has full faith and confidence in Attorney General Barr to do his job and uphold the law,” Stephanie Grisham said.

Yeah - he said Barr has the right to say whatever he wants. What the click-bait Gateway Pundit left out of their shitty article was that Trump also said he has the right to tell Barr to do whatever he wants - including how to proceed on criminal cases.

He is trying to do his job. Gather evidence. That mean he isn’t beholden to any political party.

That Trump shot off his mouth like he did made Barr’s objectivity in question.

The democrats are just drooling for a reason for anything to seem improper and Trump just gave them a reason. He should keep his damn mouth shut because Barr is facing enough as it is without Trump chiming in to muddy the waters.

I like what Trump is doing for this country but damn. Know when to hold 'em and know when to fold 'em. And learn to WAIT FOR IT.

If Barr can’t take Trumps tweets, then he should just resign…

Exactly. We live in an age where 95-99% of media outlets are always going to shade or outright misrepresent anything relative to this administration and Barr’s interview is running par.

What you see in print or hear in soundbites flatly doesn’t reflect what he actually said at all.

What you need to do is take the time to actually listen to the interview.

Barr is right, Trump needs to learn to cut way back on the tweeting and handle his communications directly with Barr so they can present a united front.

Barr however did not disparage Trump in the interview like is being claimed.

He isn’t a Supreme Court justice. He’s an employee of the Executive Branch and serves at the pleasure of the President. If he can’t do that then he needs to go. It’s not like he’s gotten anything done anyway.

He said he’s going to do what he wants and criticized his boss. You don’t do that in public.

If Barr has a problem with Trump tweeting maybe he shouldn’t flap his gums to the media about it.

He is the actual deciding individual at DOJ and Trump would do himself a great deal of good by communicating directly with Barr and not airing things publicly.

As The Chief Exec Trump gets to set general policy but when it comes to legalities he needs to leave it to the pro’s to be the public face of their departments and agencies.