Are the democrats getting worried with the occupants of the clown bus?

Democratic leaders and donors are getting worried about the party’s presidential prospects in 2020 and are now wondering if there’s anyone in the party’s bench who can step in at this point as an electoral pinch hitter, according to a report at the New York Times.

With just three months to go before voting starts in Iowa, the story cites Democrats’ concerns about things like Joe Biden’s ability to fund his primary campaign, Elizabeth Warren’s chances against President Donald Trump in the general election, and whether or not Pete Buttigieg can boost his appeal beyond white voters.

“With Trump looming, there is genuine concern that the horse many have bet on may be pulling up lame and the horse who has sprinted out front may not be able to win,” David Axelrod, a former adviser to President Barack Obama, said of the two front-runners Biden and Warren.

“Since the last debate, just anecdotally, I’ve had five or six people ask me: ‘Is there anybody else?’” said longtime Democrat operative and two-time party convention CEO Leah Daughtry.

The first question here is whether or not there’s actually someone on Democrats’ bench willing to step into a still-crowded field at the 11th hour. The follow-up question is whether that mystery candidate — or any currently running — will be capable of winning the party’s race-to-the-far-left primary election while keeping a platform and message that can appeal to voters who don’t live in deep-blue liberal strongholds. Given the current state of things, the anxiety described sounds pretty justified.

2 Likes

How about one of the Kennedy brats.

Beadencup…Joe Biden’s still out front and has plenty of money.

He has as much chance of being President as you have.

Well that remains to be seen. What are you basing that on, your feelings?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/hilltv/what-americas-thinking/422735-trump-beats-beto-nearly-ties-bernie-but-loses-to-biden-in%3Famp

Trashing this topic.

Former Vice President Joe Biden, the 76 year old leading the Democrat pack of candidates to become the Democrat nominee for President in every poll, since well before he even officially announced his candidacy, has always been known as a “gaffe machine” with his constant, often inappropriate, comments on a variety of issues, but lately his “mistakes,” have had a different “feel” to them.

Bone-headed commentary from Joe Biden is something those of us that have been reporting on politics, found slightly entertaining at times, like when he told Missouri state senator Chuck Graham to “stand up” [before realizing he was in a wheelchair](A "Stand Up" Slipup - Top 10 Joe Biden Gaffes - TIME), or when he announced another man’s mother was dead, before remembering she was actually alive, it was the father that had died…

HUNTER , HUNTER ,HUNTER !!! DUH !!! SMH

Actually, Biden is a titanic turd just like the whole DNC.

1 Like

Still using old and outdated sources! You are so such a pathetic troll!

Who’s still beating Trump…:rofl:

Biden leads Democrats and all top Democrats lead Trump

So was Hillary, IIRC.

And she beat him by 3 million votes…:man_shrugging:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again …

… trying to post with a ghost typing iPad is damned annoying!

Well stop doing that then, shrug…

The other day it tried to connect me with a server with the “.mil” tag.

1 Like

Monte , who won the election???

The democrats have lost sight of 2020 because they have been consumed with impeachment as a winning strategy. It would appear they are so arrogant they thought putting their eggs in one basket would pay off.

Their strategy has fallen flat on its face multiple times.

With those failures, they are now faced with backlash as well as candidates who cannot win the election against Trump.

I honestly don’t think they can recover or do enough in the way of damage control. The candidates are absolute lunatics. Anyone not on the far left who has been following this is pretty ticked off.

A lot of people voted for Trump because he is not establishment. You can call it TDS, but really it is anyone who fights against the democrat agenda as it currently stands.

So, you are either for America and its values or you are against them.

The democrats way overplayed their hand and it isn’t looking too good for them.

1 Like

The fat ass red hat, what’s your point?

Completely irrelevant and spoken like someone who would ignore the E.C. when it doesn’t favor what they want. Sour grapes.

1 Like