Any other non-religious conservatives here?

Who made this new covenant? Jesus states in the bible he came to Uphold the law, not change it!

No he did not. When Jesus died on the cross that was when the new covenant was established! No more blood sacrifices!

You like to blame God, Christianity and perhaps even Jesus for the atrocities committed but the reality is you can’t distinguish between what “Man” does and what God does. In fact you don’t even know what the purpose of religion is altogether. Your advocacy is only to impart your disapproval of the sins you want to justify because that is so much easier than to abide by not indulging in your own depravity.

This is essentially where your rhetoric goes and supports

1 Like

You are a typical victim of the myth.

The intent of Jesus’ statement in Matthew 5:17 is, “I did not come to do away with the Law or the Prophets, but I came to uphold them in everything that I say and do.”

I am not a typical victim of anything. I am happy, I am at peace and experience joy everyday of my life. I don’t tear down people of other faiths either. You on the other hand have no recourse other than failing to deal with your own emptiness thus which is projected outward to attack others beliefs and people. As the saying goes “people attack the ones that they love” Jesus, God loves you, and you reject that love and your behavior and rhetoric as such, reflects a deeper chasm within your own soul that you can’t reconcile. People like you can’t be saved when you hang yourselves on your own petard. The only thing we can do is have pity on you! Yours is a sadness I have seen many times throughout the course of my lifetime.

Your opinion based on zero evidence…where in the bible does jesus change the law?
Here are 16 other savior gods with the same story.

This is called in Buddhism, “counting other people’s money. (which is of no use)”

The Greek word “Christ” was the same as the Greek word for “Krishna”

Your list is obviously from a book your are reading.

It’s better to go straight to the various scriptures yourself then to read atheist cranks.

1 Like

Not surprisingly, not one person has come forward with any scintilla of evidence to substantiate their divine claims. Moreover no person has quoted any source where god changed the law and covenant. In fact jesus upheld the hebrew tradition by being circumcised. Holy Prepuce - Wikipedia

Typical atheist argument who cherry picks scripture to suit their own confirmation biases. Good job! You just displayed proof positive you know nothing about “God” the bible, Jesus or Christianity all together! Yours will always be a secular view and nothing more!

BTW, evidence is not needed to prove anything to people like you who have no idea what it means to have faith and actually put into practice a religious belief!

Maybe you should apply to the Communist party for membership, your rhetoric certainly would fit right in with their views as being advocates for living in secular society thus wiping out freedom of religion all together. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You do not even understand the basics of Christianity or the idea around the new or old covenant and you don’t have a willingness to learn with the way you are talking your mind is already made up however one day I hope you see the light basically talking to you about Christianity is a waste of my time right now but when you are willing to learn I know God will point you in the right path

Can you please try and explain what you think the difference is between the new and old covenant is?

I’m not mad with you just disappointed that you did not even learn the basics before trying to criticize Christianity

jbob does not understand the time line of Christianity which is why her/he is taking thing way out of context it’s sad really I feel sorry for jbob

Thank you for bring this up it has been a good topic

Well … I just wanted to make contact with other non-religious conservatives, to discuss the problems of working with, and within, a majority-religious movment, which is what American conservatism/patriotism is at the moment.

I certainly did not want to ignite a civil war among religious and non-religious conservatives!!! We need to save our ammunition for the real enemy.

I think some non-religious people who are very outspoken against religion had a very unpleasant experience being brought up in a strict religious environment – and worse, if there was hypocrisy involved, as when you read about fathers who are very ‘religious’, but sexually abuse their children. (Atheist websites are full of delighted articles about such people.)

This can happen in any sort of home, of course. (The leading theoretician/intellectual of the Communist Party USA, Herbert Aptheker, an atheist, sexually abused his daughter, Bettina.
[ Herbert Aptheker - Wikipedia ] She still remained a communist, of sorts.

So … let the conservative atheists reading this have a look at
https://theatheistconservative.com/, which has lots of good essays, and let’s have a cease-fire between the religious and non-religious conservatives here. Turn the other cheek, or something.

1 Like

No circumcision, no dietary laws…James the Just and Paul fabricated the new covenant never ratified by god (what a myth)! James, brother of Jesus - Wikipedia

Sorry but you don’t know the basics of Christianity anyway I still wish you the best in your life

I don’t think you did that mate it’s all good

Hah hah you might as well have just started a topic titled “Fuck Jesus” these things degenerate into vitriol no matter how intellectual you want it to be.

This is an internet forum. I remember many years ago, I was just starting to poke around on the internet, and I found a forum discussing Ayn Rand. People arguing over the meaning of “objectivism” etc. Then some guy comes in calling himself “cyberfuck” looking for cybersex.

At least the Hitler admirers seem to have been spooked off of this forum for awhile. You knew when they weighed in, a thread about some ancient historical event would grow to 500 posts in a few hours.

Yeah, I’ve noticed that about internet forums.
Even really good ones die after a while, for whatever reason.
On LibraryThing, there was a forum called Pro and Con, for Leftists and Rights to debate, with all the usual good rules about respecting each other, not attacking the person, etc.

For a while, it was pretty good. Everyone on it was heavy into books and reading, so that kept the tone high. For a while. Then a leftwing lunatic got on, with an abbetor, and things went downhill. All the ‘Cons’ left. A shame.

Right now I’m really just looking for other conservatives/ patriots who want to form a group to do damage (not physical!) to the Left. I used to be one, so I have some ideas about how we can hurt them.

And some other ideas. Practical things we can do, for only a few minutes a day, over the internet.

I don’t give a flying something about insulting liberals or lefties via the internet or anywhere else. I just want them to be denied any political power or influence at all.

But most patriots on the internet seem happy just to vent their anger there, while the Left advances, step by step. Too bad.

Well, whatever happens, better be prepared. A water source besides your tap, a way to keep the vital things you have that eat electricity fed, if the mains go down; a way to communicate with other likeminded patriots in your area if the internet/phone system go belly-up; bags of rice and cans of beans; and that ‘keep off my lawn’ tool whose name starts with the first letter of the alphabet and ends with the middle single digit. The people at USCPT.org can help.

Christianity:
The belief that some cosmic Hebrew Zombie can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him that you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.
Makes perfect sense.

You are wasting your time trying to figure out religion with your head. None of this questioning of a New Covenant, has anything to do with becoming an atheist who rejects faith.

Real proof of religion has to come from within.

If you do not practice how to get better at prayer and meditation, you are just wasting your time and dooming yourself to repeat the same challenges in your life till you get it right.

You will stay blinded by confusing dogma and missing the point of everything.

1 Like

Are you done???