Any other non-religious conservatives here?

The conservative movement is a ‘broad church’.The Left would like to paint us as all rednecked fundamentalists, but that’s far from the truth. If, like me, you’re a non-religious conservative, you might like to have a look here:

(https://forum.theatheistconservative.com/)

And you’ll find this site interesting as well: https://darwinianconservatism.blogspot.com/

1 Like

So you don’t believe in God and that Jesus died for your sins?

Unfortunately, there are lot of them out there. I know as Christiens we are supposed to spread the word and preach the Gospel, but I have no patience or the will to do so to people that reject God. That makes me a sinner, I know. But I can’t help how I feel about people that reject Jesus/God.

2 Likes

You are not a sinner! That entire premise of “we are all sinners” is Christianity’s biggest misunderstanding. Yes we are flawed, and yes we are suppose to live like Christ, but accepting God’s will is first and foremost. I wondered if Gideon with only 300 soldiers going up against thousands and being outnumbered 10 to 1 was considering himself a sinner too? The point is you are absolutely right, and we can only be in the advocacy of light, some will listen some will not. Not all will be saved.

1 Like

Yes, Doug, I’m a non-religious conservative. And I’d like to thank @soulpatrol for your impatience with people like me, I have little patience for people like you, too. Or with threads that argue religion.

2 Likes

My lack of patience is my problem, not yours. You can be as un believing as you wish… it really doesn’t bother me. But I’m sure it bothers God that I don’t care.

I don’t care to talk religion with people like you because you shut out and chastise those of us that follow Jesus and throw the “magic man in the sky” crap around… no respect or civil discourse can be had. Maybe you aren’t one of those, maybe you are. I don’t care… and I know God isn’t pleased with my attitude towards it.

Your disbelief is between you and God. I don’t dislike you because of it, but I should pray for you to see the light, which again is my problem, not yours.

1 Like

Or David and Abraham circumcising dead soldiers!

I have been a hard core atheist since I read the bible starting at age 18.

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

The LAST thing I want to do is to start a stupid slanging match beween religious people and non-religious people, especially if both of them are patriots.

I was just curious. My curiousity is now satisfied. I hope the two links I posted in the OP were interesting to any fellow atheists.

Duely noted. How about we just let this alone. No one is going to change their stance.

1 Like

Cite the verse and I am willing to bet you are taking that out of context.

1 Like

I find your comment interesting, not because I want to criticize you for having such dispositions or discuss religion but for the mere fact that of proving one thing that is true about Christianity; is suppose to be offensive and surely it offends the.

1 Like

I’ve got a thick skin, I’ve had many arguments about religion. I just know that it’s futile, you believe what you want to and I can have my doubts. I don’t single you out, or even Christians, I have doubts about anyone who thinks that they have the mysteries of our world all figured out.

I probably didn’t make myself clear. Not believing in an invisible man in the sky doesn’t mean that someone ‘has everything figured out’. No one who is familiar with modern physics could possibly make that assertion. Or, going wider, take the problem of consciousness: we don’t even have the beginning of an understanding of what it is.

Atheism is not the same as simplistic materialism, the belief that all the universe can be understood in terms of sub-atomic particles combining and uncombining. We are still profoundly ignorant.

And this goes for understanding society as well: it was Edmund Burke’s central, profound, insight. Society cannot be analyzed the way we would analyze a machine, still less can it be radically reconstructed according to some simple principles: that way lies the guillotine and the firing squad, when human beings fail to conform to the principles of the would-be reconstructors.

1 Samuel 18:27

David took his men with him and went out and killed two hundred Philistines and brought back their foreskins. They counted out the full number to the king so that David might become the king’s son-in-law. Then Saul gave him his daughter Michal in marriage.

Yeah, that is not what you think it is! Get your mind out of the gutter :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

What was it then? Usually, barbarians collected heads. As the Islamists still do. Hard to fake a human head.

But wait … let’s leave it to the Left to mock religion. Patriots have better things to do. And the Left is actually deeply religious, in its own way, if by that we mean beliefs about the world which should be discussable, with reference to evidence, which are just taken on faith and which it is dangerous to challenge. The Left are the new Inquisition.

The left are liberal fascist.

1 Like

Yes, the genuine liberals have either defected to the ‘Dark Web’, people like Glen Greenwald, or have been intimidated by the Hard Left, who are definitely enemies of free speech.

In fact, ‘Left’ is not really a very informative term for them nowadays.

For many decades, the ‘Left’ were the people who were on the side of the working class – as they saw it. They were enemies of the big corporations. They championed Black equality, but were suspicious of anybody’s racial/national enthusiasms, because it divided the working class.

But today’s Left are spoiled privileged brats with a good job in the government or at a big corporation, who despise their own working class.

How I would love to transport each of them to South Chicago at 11pm on Satuday night, with no mean old police around, so that they could get a practical lesson in social reality!

1 Like

You will end up with God

Not from me (Not easy to start journey with Christ, but even so HE will help us till the end. Just never give up on Him.
Every steps with Him is exciting and amazing.)

Visitors considering Christianity | Clarification on the sign of Jonah | Bob | Speakers Corner - YouTube

1 Like