Angry Lesbian Megan Rapinoe says FIFA World Cup prize money not fair

The special Olympics always given me a good laugh a midget vs someone with one arm in swimming race

1 Like

That image if used as a metaphor is funny as hell!

1 Like

Right. They don’t get paid enough either.

The point being made (and it was not knocking the Special Olympics) is that it doesn’t have the audience and revenue-generating gravitas as those entertainment events where the performers are paid millions. (And this is not limited to sports. Actors, musicians, entertainers too.) They get paid what they do because of the revenue their performances generate.

Nothing more.

Fuck you, Jackass! Nobody asked to be born with abnormalities.

Gotta say … I’m an accomplished masters swimmer. One year I was in Orlando on business. I was working out at the YMCA on International Drive (great benefit of YMCA membership is that you get to use Ys all over the country with your membership.) Great pools there, BTW.

The Danish paralymic swim team was also working out at the time. I was humbled to watch a girl with only one arm and one leg motor past me. Amazing skill and determination from those athletes.

Pertinent to the subject matter of this thread, the audience that can appreciate the skill of these athletes is very limited. And among those who appreciate it, the audience who would pay to watch it is even more limited.

2 Likes

I just did a quick Google search and the world record for the 100m blind sprint is under 11 seconds which is quite impressive but it doesn’t change the fact that it’s amusing to watch a midget race someone missing limbs in swimming contest you must admit that is like a modern day freak show

Claim down fat boy slim

Screenshot_56

1 Like

Screenshot_2

6 Likes

Angry Lesbian Megan Rapinoe says FIFA World Cup prize money not fair

Screenshot_4

1 Like

4 total wins, 2 consecutive wins. I’d say she has a point.

And it’s not fair…

Screenshot_3

5 Likes

People whose job it is to drive trucks get paid more than those whose job it is to ride bicycles. The women’s team beat women. They did not beat men.

Exactly.

Being angry and self-righteous does’t bring in more dough.

:money_with_wings:

No but it usually works since it draws a whole lot of attention.

Right now they are the most successful sports team in the country and if they can organize a boycott against FIFA and/or US Soccer it would force them to increase the team’s pay.

Yeah, it’s not fair I have to pay taxes to fund illegal aliens’ healthcare, but what can you do? If the women’s sports bring in the kind of revenue that men’s sports bring in, then yes the pay will be equal, but when women bring in about 1/27th the amount the men do, the pay is commensurate.\

The Dems are already starting to push this and it will blow up in their faces.

No need to knock the ladies. They play and a few people watch. It’s a job.

They just need a class in economics, or as we all call it, REALITY.

1 Like

That is just sick.

1 Like

You are not wrong, my friend.

There are those of us who strive to be more than we are, and those that sit on the sidelines and mock.

The latter are beneath contempt.

1 Like