And so it begins

It will be interesting to see the dirt presidential candidates will be smeared with by their opposition. Opposition including those of their own party.

Currently, Kamala Harris is being questioned as to if she is “black enough”. I’m not really sure what that means but from reading the article not being black enough means:

• Tough on crime/incarcerating minorities
  • Immigrant parents from Jamaica and India
  • Going to high school in Canada
  • Marrying a white man

I’m perfectly fine with her being whatever color she is as long as she follows, supports and honors our Constitution. We don’t need another who believes the nation should be “fundamentally changed” nor one who cares about the color of skin.

What we do need is someone who will unite, not divide, and place all Americans and America first.

Those who have objections to her based upon the reasons listed are the real racists, IMO.

1 Like

Not black enough means not having suffered enough at the hands of whitey.

Fixed it fer ya. :wink:

2 Likes

Would be interesting to know who is making the accusations.

No objections here. To me, racism means treating someone better or worse simply becausse of their race.

As to following the Constitution and bringing people closer together…amen!

1 Like

Does it matter?

If you found out they are democrats what would you have to say that would be different were it a republican.

Is not all racist to be condemned no matter the source?

Of course it matters. Social media trolls not only transcend partisan lines, they often disregard ideology entirely for the sake of their kicks.

Agreed. A leader, not a divider.

I’m really tired of all of this division.

1 Like

She felt it was enough of an issue to have to address.

If it weren’t legitimate in her mind, she would have ignored it.

Whether a public figure feels compelled to respond has less to do with legitimacy in terms of context, and more in terms of public perception.

Kind of reminds me of this. South Park is hilarious, not least because its social commentary is spot on.

Being compelled to respond has everything to do with damage control (public perception).

The source of racism does not matter. It either is or is not racism.

If this were perpetuated by Corey Booker would it or would it not be racist?

Precisely.

(20 characters of precise)

So, public perception is reality. The illegitimate becomes legitimate.

Therefore, the need to respond legitimizes the illegitimate.

The need to respond recognizes the effect public perception has on political careers. Nothing more.

And, as I said… “so it begins”…

Not necessarily, it seems that generalization leaves out the human factor, one may feel violated personally and respond.

I’m willing to concede Harris may be offended by being called out for not being “black enough.”

Her political career and ambition, however, is affected by her response (or lack thereof).

I’d be more offended by not being called American enough.

Is she running to be the President of black Americans or all Americans?

1 Like

Female Americans…

I’m not black, I can’t speak directly to the phenomenon within the community of members questioning whether any given individual is “black enough.” But the need for legitimacy within the community is clearly important. Enough that issues like this need to be addressed by careerists who make any claim "implied or otherwise) to represent a politically significant demographic.

Much like any other political demographic, really.