An update: Trump's national emergency declaration for a border wall survives after House fails to override veto

Looks like the left is wetting their panties today.

WASHINGTON — The House of Representatives failed to garner enough votes to override President Donald Trump’s veto of the resolution crafted to terminate his national emergency declaration to divert military funds and build a wall along the United States border with Mexico.

Read more: Americans overwhelmingly want Congress to defy Trump and override his veto of the resolution to end his border-wall emergency declaration

The inability of Congress to override Trump’s veto from earlier this month means that for the time being, the national emergency declaration will go on as the White House has planned.

The Senate passed the resolution 59-41, with 12 Republicans joining a unanimous conference of Democrats, issuing an embarrassment to Trump, whose administration attempted to quell the rebellion brewing in the lead up to the vote. That vote came after the House passed the same resolution in February, where 13 Republicans crossed the aisle.

The House’s failure to override the veto comes after an INSIDER poll showing that almost twice as many Americans supported Congress’ effort to reject the president.

But the emergency declaration is not exactly settled, as it still faces a host of lawsuits, including one from a coalition of nearly two-dozen states led by California.

The multi-state lawsuit challenging the emergency declaration argues that money appropriated to their respective states could be at risk as a result of the White House’s decision to reprogram certain funds.

When the lawsuit was announced, Trump took to Twitter to rail against it as a plot created by the “Radical Left.”

“As I predicted, 16 states, led mostly by Open Border Democrats and the Radical Left, have filed a lawsuit in, of course, the 9th Circuit!” Trump wrote on Twitter. “California, the state that has wasted billions of dollars on their out of control Fast Train, with no hope of completion, seems in charge!”

Trump has been racking up political victories this week and with the House’s failure to override his veto, has snagged yet another win.

1 Like

We got a Billion from the pentagon .

1 Like

Well lord Trump knows better than us plebs… in Trump we trust.

I’d really love to have you sit down with just one family that lost a loved one to an illegal alien. A loss that could have been prevented had that alien been denied entry into this county.

How dare you, you sanctimonious little piece of shit.

1 Like

How would a wall have saved those families? Just because I don’t want a wall DOES NOT mean I want people crossing illegally. It’s a fallacy.

Yes, he has more information at is fingertips in a day then you will ever have in your lifetime.

Can a wall save someone? I don’t think so. But, can a wall keep people out that you don’t want to come in. Yes. How many people live in gated communities. How many of our politicians live behind walls that protect them as a first line of defense.

Walls work. They always have. They always will.

2 Likes

And exactly how do you propose keeping people from crossing the border illegally?

What did you want?

Sensors, drones to count them more accurately as they cross the border??

Only things his fingertips have more than mine is the remnants of non consenting female vaginas

Walls don’t work in every situation.

Punish employers! Cut off the primary reason why they come here.

A weak at best response.

At least you’re consistent quoting from the leftist rags for your information.

Like roaches this is exactly what what we are trying to stop!

https://twitter.com/RightHookUSA/status/1110536772088401920

1 Like

This part I can agree with you on, but its not the only solution, having a wall and a myriad of other enforcement measures is also needed. Walls have proven to work, you simply are using that as a talking point and you won’t be honest about it!

2 Likes

YOU need some new material! Your shit is stale!

1 Like

They don’t… a wall around my house might work to keep out dogs… but won’t work to keep drones out of my backyard.

A wall works between Tijuana and SD… but may not work in the middle of the desert.

I am quoting the President.

Cast your net wider. There are illegals who don’t mind illegal work.

Drugs, prostitution, getting paid in cash to name a few.

Employers need to be fined, I agree but a wall is A crucial part of securing the border. So are more judges so we can avoid catch and release.

This is why we need autonomous drones armed with light machine guns. They are exactly like roaches and we need to start treating this like an infestation.

When we get to the “gotta pass the bill before we read it” kind of trust, get back to us. Till then, your trolling is easily refuted.

More trolling. Is English your second language?

Trump said “And when you’re a star, they let you do it.”

/let/

verb
not prevent or forbid; allow.

“my boss let me leave early”

synonyms: allow, permit, give permission to, give leave to, authorize, sanction, grant, grant the right to, warrant, license, empower, enable, entitle;

If trolls like you have ever been some woman’s star, this would not seem like such a foreign concept to you. But apparently…

1 Like

It is the first line of defense. As a professional troll, you likely know nothing about such things. There is no single panacea. The solution is a multitiered system of defenses. And a wall is the first one the illegals should encounter.

2 Likes