An update: Trump's national emergency declaration for a border wall survives after House fails to override veto

This is a bullshit argument.

This will never impact illegals working as service contractors like nannies, construction, lawn care etc…

Which is what the elites want them for. Pay them under the table and get serfs for low wages who will vote D and screw over the law abiding immigrant.

I am not sure I agree with this if it is done correctly. The E-Verify (I am not sure if this is the same program) however the premise is to institute a mechanism where the penalty for employing an illegal will be severe enough to discourage employers from hiring them. On the other side there can be a guest worker program where a lot of those jobs you talk about can benefit both the federal government and the employer. There is already a program similar in place and it needs to be revised, updated to include specific Work force demands and requirements. They already do this in countries in Asia with Filipinos and it has worked really well, and the US can adopt a similar approach. It not only gives the Federal government control as to who can come here to work, but the enforcement aspect of it would help self deport a lot of these people who are now currently working in the various job industries that you are referring to. All that needs to happen now is comprehensive Immigration reform that will address this issue, along with many others in order to make it robust with stiff enforcement for violators.

Yeah this is pretty crazy and its obvious that something has to be done to stop this madness.

You are right… but what did Trump campaign on? Was it multiple deterrent and detection methods? Or was it “We are goning build a wall and Mexico is going to pay for it”?

1 Like

It will impact corporate hiring which is a small percentage. It will not impact residential or small business who will not need to report or who simply will not comply…Just like the thousands that fail to show for asylum hearings.

I look at this argument as a distraction that the distractors know is easy to defeat.

Let me add, I am fine with a legal and reported and expanded guest worker program.

Well you could be right, but that doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t at least try to pass a reform bill that will make it severe for those residential and small businesses that do get caught too. You won’t address the problem until it is addressed across the board.

Today illegals get an ITN.

http://www.itinnumberonline.com/how-to-get-tax-id-number-for-illegal-immigrants/

With the ITN they pay taxes and then apply for EITC.

Elites could care less, small business cares a great deal.

So am I but its obvious there has to be something to fill in the vacuum to help address the problem. Where will the help come from for those specific jobs that you are referring to? I suppose an argument can be made for that too, and all I am trying to do here is offer solutions in order to fix the problem and the money source is one obvious tool that needs to be looked at, along with remittance to Mexico and other South American Countries.

Until the US gets serious by changing asylum laws, penalties for illegal entry, begin deporting asylum seekers and illegals the flood will continue and we will never rid our country of the fake asylum seekers. We can deport a teacher yet allow the uneducated families into the US.

Fill the gap?

The labor participation remains less than 63%.

Perhaps the first part of the solution is reducing entitlements forcing CITIZENS to WORK.

US border officials predict the number of migrants attempting to cross the southern border could reach as high as 1 million this year

Attempted crossings steadily rose following zero-tolerance policy.

WATCH | US predicts 1M migrants will be stopped at border this year

By Matt Gutman, Anne Flaherty and Quinn Owen Mar 27, 2019 2:03 AM ET

U.S. border authorities are predicting the number of undocumented migrants stopped at the southern border could reach as high as 1 million by the end of the year, potentially doubling last year’s level, federal officials told ABC News on Tuesday.

The estimate, which includes illegal crossings and people arriving at ports of entry, comes as administration officials say they have limited options when it comes to deterring families traveling with children. The influx has gotten so bad at places like El Paso, Texas, that the central processing center there was 395 percent over capacity last weekend, forcing officials to process people beneath a street overpass.

“The numbers are trending from bad to worse, which is why we need Congress to act to fix outdated laws to address migrant flows,” Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen tweeted Tuesday.

Nielsen met with government officials from Mexico Tuesday and was planning a trip to Honduras to meet with foreign leaders there this week.

What does that have to do with a discussion on the efficacy of a wall?

Your troll narrative now shifts to an attempt to show that Trump cant keep his promises? Is that in the hope that some weak soul says “ohhh my, oh me. I’m so so upset that the bad orange man did not keep his promise.” ? You and CaughtintheMiddle would give your kidneys to find a handful of such people. You no doubt pray for them to appear. And then there are those libs who pretend to be such wimps. Desperate troll.

2 Likes

Seems “The Prag Meister” has the same MO as Monte doesn’t it?

Not necessarily, but I think its a combination of many factors just as you are pointing out as another aspect in helping address this problem. By all means don’t take what I said as a one solution to fix all problems, only suggesting one solution, as it is obvious it is going to take more than one to address the myriad of issues that creates the holes in our current immigration policy.

I wonder if he is getting paid for his efforts?

The problem we have today centers on government.

We hand out ITN’s to legitimize illegals, we don’t deport illegals in a timely basis allowing them to form relationships, have children and then are afraid to break up families. Once we deport illegals they easily reenter the US and continue their life here if they leave at all. The government allows people to sit on the sidelines unproductive and taxpayers foot the welfare bill. We pay the welfare for illegals. Government refuses to amend asylum laws, refuses to adequately fund border enforcement, judges to deport illegals and asylum seekers and allows Mexico to pass through more illegals and asylum seekers without penalty. Th latest estimates for 11 million illegals is 140 billion a year, a fraction of the cost of a wall. The sad part is we have upwards of 30-40 million illegals. Over 1 million will cross our border this year many will b released into the US to join the masses already here.

If congress refuses to address the problem which is an emergency, Trump cannot fix it

This is all on the government.

1 Like

You quoted a quote within my post and now it looks like I made that comment.

:frowning:

But yes… lib trolls go to the same troll boot camp in San Francisco. So they learn the same tricks. They no doubt have fond memories of the lib troll “Getting to know you” initiation rite :kissing_heart: under the Ghirardelli sign.

You brought up the fact that there isn’t a single panacea. Not me. You eluded to other solutions. Is this another Ish? Nobody knows…

I have proposed a border crossing toll for people and goods. Both directions, 5.00 per person 10.00 per vehicle plus the 5.00 per each occupant.

That way it is user pays for security at the border.

I am also in favor of taxing transfers outside of the USA, especially over 1000.00 USD.