Americans Don’t Read… and That’s Affecting Our Elections

Wow, that was GREAT! Loved it! :+1:

South Florida…

We had them at our high school several times a year.

Fascinating. I’m intrigued.

Black on white? Hispanic? Do you have links?

I am reading FASCISM A Warning by Madeleine Albright and Bill Woodward…I suspect more by Woodard than Albright. Woodward is a dyed-in-the-wool liberal.

Donald Trump is mentioned in the first chapter…painted with water colors as a Fascist.

I’m about a third through the book and have not peeked at the coming chapters. So far it is little more than their interpretation of historical data regarding some true Fascists, sprinkled with anecdotal events of Albright’s youth.

I’m relatively sure the co-authors will eventually get out their oils toward the end to make the portrayal portrait of Trump as a Fascist last through a gentle rain of truth.

I can’t wait to finish the book and get on to something more worthy of remembering.

This thread is exactly why liberals will win.

I’m sure you are intrigued, Mogwai.

It was the early 80’s so since we didn’t have cell phones or computers there would be no links for you to view.

This thread is exactly why you’re not being taken seriously.

3 Likes

:laughing: you have a Joker icon :laughing:

Because things that occurred before the internet can’t be found on the internet?

What strikes me is the rage in the kids. My father would have changed my channel but quick.

I find it hard to believe video games play no role in the freaks shooting up schools. Hard to believe, especially when I see something like that video.

2 Likes

No, my dear. Simply because I was there and know it happened. Proving it to you is really low on my priority list. Nor do I care if you believe me or what my credibility level with you is. ((shrugs shoulders)).

Fair enough, my dear.

What else plays a role, do you think?

I highly recommend https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/govbeat/wp/2013/11/08/which-of-the-11-american-nations-do-you-live-in/?utm_term=.da109154ab6d

It made things so clear for me.

A lot of them seem to be taking prescription drugs for emotional issues.

Too many of them are decidedly over-prescribed chemicals, yes.

I am definitely a product of the Midlands in that paradigm.

Entitlement. Lack of social skills. Lack of a male role model.

Where did conservatism fail in this regard? Certainly the left encouraged it all, but how did conservatism fail to effectively check it?

The more I study it, the more it holds true. There are things that change people of course - for example extended military service. But if you go back one generation; there it is.