Americans Don’t Read… and That’s Affecting Our Elections

It’s interesting that you fall all over yourself defending illiterate criminals from another country. You must have been disappointed when Hillary lost.

:rofl: Thanks. I don’t care for pseudo: science or racism, but I’ll look into it. Besides, Mein Kampf is much shorter.

Here’s my recommendation for you: Negroes and the Gun: The Black Tradition of Arms
Nicholas Johnson

Excellent read.

I couldn’t agree more.

Biography on Doc Holiday.

Ever wonder how accurate it is as he’s dead???

Perhaps one persons research and perspective.

I’m reading On Corporate Capitalism. Kristol.

Actually I was astounded.

What are you reading, Bryan?

It is definitely one person’s research, but he sources it well. And admits the unknown.

Sounds aggravating… :wink:

Is that Wealth of Nations rewrite?

It wasn’t just me it was all white girls but yes, that is what happened. Just stating the facts.

At that time (early 80’s), we also had race riots which were not uncommon either.

Are the schools prioritizing reading? No.

Are the parents?..

No, they aren’t. Do middle school kids listen to their parents?

And there you have it.

Did they ever?

Watch the kid reactions

https://youtu.be/aUCTErexNis

1 Like

My kids (now college graduates) were in the public school system. I never trusted it to give them a complete education - I had a responsibility there, too.

So why aren’t parents, particularly conservative parents, taking that responsibility seriously?

Where were you living in the early 80’s that you had race riots?

Yes, it is quite amazing.

I guess you don’t remember the Tawana Brawley case.

1 Like

We have enough illiterate criminals who are citizens of this country, hence the topic of this thread.

There is a lot of complaining on this thread about the connection between illegals in our schools and skewed numbers regarding the literacy rates of Americans.

It seems to me that the people complaining didn’t read the OP, or have trouble reading themselves, or lack the ability to put two and two together.

1 Like