Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Wants Wealthy Taxed Up to 70% to Fund ‘Green New Deal’ to Give Electric Cars to Everyone

She is proposing a marginal tax rate of 70%. That 70% is on income above 10million.

Do you know how marginal tax rates work?

I said what I meant… do you or Wiley know how marginal tax rates work?

Then why the question marks

Hey @wiley8425 do ya know how marginal tax rate works? :rofl:

It rhetorical… Wiley doesn’t know how they work. Because if Wiley did… he wouldn’t “wonder” how they would implement a 70% bracket.

Sure. Is that something the IRS does though? Or has ever done? Was this a serious question? Asking for a friend. :wink:

It’s ok. Math isn’t easy.

That is not how the brackets work. You pay the highest rate only on the income in excess to the demarcation that defines the lower limit of that bracket.

The current (single individual) was brackets and tax burden for the taxable income in each bracket are:

$0 → $9525 … 10%
→ $38,700 … 12%
→ $82,500 … 22%
→ $157,500 … 24%
→ $200,000 … 32%
→ $500,000 … 35%
above $500k … 37%

If your taxable income was $200,100 your taxes would be $45,724.50, or 22.85% of your taxable income even though your income had surpassed the 32% threshold and entered the 35% bracket.

:rofl: No, I think it is just a buzz word H&R Block came up with to get more clients. Or it could be a tax on stock margins. Just tell your friend to stay away from anything that has the word margin in it, including that fake butter margarine stuff and he’ll be just fine. :rofl: :wink:

Hard wire connections are infinitely better than wireless.

2 Likes

Better bandwidth through ethernet and more reliable connection

1 Like

No doubt. I bought a smart tv because I didn’t want to run a cables.

bq-5c439e6827f51

2 Likes