Alabama governor signs near-total abortion ban

I agree…except that the knife should be applied to the neck. Let the bastards bleed out on the floor.

1 Like

One that has the libs really circling , there is a conservative on the 9th now…symbolic true, but it kicked over the ant pile.

2 Likes

What’s really funny is how this holy grail of you libs is so obvious… that you find Trump supporters who are disillusioned with the choice they made. You want SO SO much to convince Trump supporters that they were duped. It’s so obvious dude. Not just you… but your other lib friends who also use this “so much winning” meme. You are like Jesse Smollett in that you really cant find many Trump voters who regret their vote so… some of you “dress up” as Trump voters and “reluctantly” complain…even here on this forum. It’s obvious dude. Your buddies bought the rope and the hats. We know.

Yes. Good example. He told the lib senators from California to pound sand. It was funny.

The former is quite common. Woman’s body argument is complete BS. Many women get rid of a baby because of lack of support, usually financially from the men.

True…valid point.

I said it as tongue in cheek, but then again you’re right. I probably am not far off from the truth :woozy_face:

I think what you are seeing in America is counter reaction to pro-choice extremes of late.

This law is going to force the Supreme Court to come into play.

It is not going to be a win-win for either side. But, if it rids us of abortion as a form of of birth control, limits abortions to medically necessary with verifiable documentation of such, and makes exceptions for rape or incest I will have to call it a good day.

1 Like

It is the mother’s that become destructive when not “supervised” by men.

Good Lord. It sounds like you’d be a good fit with Saudi Arabia.

1 Like

The father should absolutely have a say in whether to or not to abort. If a father decides not to abort, the favor should swing in his favor and he should be awarded custody.

A surrogate mother becomes essential at that point because otherwise we would be leaving the unborn child’s health up to the mother who wants to abort. It’s not an easy situation but I bet we could find a solution.

I’m not up on this. I assume you can take the fertilized egg from the woman and place it in a surrogate mother. Yes? I dont know.

You also stated your opinion on abortion laws. I quoted it. You suggested that I misinterpreted what you said. So I asked what I should have interpreted from it.

You COULD just plainly state what you meant. You could say you do not support abortion laws, or you could state that you DO support them.

As it stands now, you’re just dancing around that question.

State Rep Barry Hovis misspoke when he was talking about some rape case he dealt with when he was a police officer, when he meant to say “date rape”…and not “consensual rape”.

At first, I didn’t even know that rape was “mutual”.

But the left are going nuts anyways over this…

This bill goes so far it will fails at the district and appeals court levels and I seriously doubt the SCOTUS will even take it up.

The MO bill has a much better chance of surviving and being taken up because it’s not as extreme.

Roe was abysmal from the start creating the personhood test for abortion rights built upon another ruling just a few years prior creating a basically unrestricted privacy right that never existed prior. I believe that ruling came down in 67-68.

Just a question, the Alabama bill that was passed this week, it has 6 months before it officially becomes law, can they change it before that? Maybe, make it less extreme? Like the Missouri bill?

Sure they could. Any law can be repealed or amended.

Then Alabama should mirror the Missouri law. JMO

They should if they actually want it to stand. Unfortunately the ARP is more about grandstanding for donations than governing when it comes to abortion legislation.

Yes, that is true. Unfortunately, they are willing to take it all the way to the SCOTUS.

You have your opinion.

I merely expressed a well known fact of life. Laws do not preclude non-compliance.

You inferred (incorrectly) my views on the laws I cited.

Here our abortion laws currently allow up to 24 weeks. That was deemed the point of viability something like 50 years ago, so is greatly outdated. Abortion needs to be signed off by 2 doctors to agree that continuing with the pregnancy would be detrimental to the woman’s or baby’s health and that includes mental health which is totally subjective. Here, the law is the health of the mother comes first. I don’t think we have such a flippant attitude to abortion in the sense that women see it as birth control. Most are pretty responsible. There really isn’t much opposition to that other than perhaps bringing the time limit down.

Perhaps we could include mandatory counselling where there is very clear education on the growth of the foetus well as support, maybe even financial incentives and more stringent methods to make the men pay. Perhaps the 2 doctors giving consent need to be more thorough and strict.

Completely closing the door on abortion would not make the women amenable to counselling. They would be spending their energies on finding somewhere else, because time is of the essence. Why talk if they have no options?

Edit: I vaguely recall getting some money from the government when I was around 34 weeks then some more after the birth with my first born so there were financial incentives. It wasn’t much, something like £500 altogether, to help buy nappies and baby stuff so they said. Everyone got it regardless of wealth. Nothing with my second though, so obviously they did away with it under the Conservative government. Would you believe that!

There was also another boost of a few hundred to go towards a child trust fund which every new born got under the last Labour government. Again my second baby got nothing under the Tories!