Alabama governor signs near-total abortion ban

John Roberts has been throwing out precedent left and right this last year. Now that he feels safe, he’s free to be the Republican rubber stamp he was always meant to be. All Roberts cared about was looking good to history, and I guess now he thinks the right wing won and he wants to be on the side of the victors. Don’t rely on the goodness of the packed court to save us. We need to take back the legislatures, Congress, and presidency, and pack the courts ourselves.

Awwww… you’re hurting…I can tell.
Why did you lose in 2016 if it was so important to you?

What happened to all of the “winning” Trump was supposed to bring you? I am so excited by the immigration numbers, aren’t you!?! The more diverse we can make America then the faster we can end white supremacy!

Now - try responding with substance instead of weak trolling.

Sadly, this is so true. There will be abortions regardless what the laws maybe, or passed. And, that is ashame.

Dude… maybe you have been limiting yourself to lib news. We are winning. I got what I wanted already … new SCOTUS justices and weekly spit in the eye of you libs. Beyond that, the border is being built. We arnt letting other countries fuck us in the ass (I know … to you that’s not winning). We are outing the seditious traitors who set the collusion lie. The Paris climate alarmist nonsense is being outed. You people have been outed as imbeciles with AOC, the dimwit, leading your candidates. And your hatred of Israel is now apparent.

1 Like

True with:

Murders.
Theft.
Drug use.
Fraud.
Assault.
Etc.

That is why I believe anti-abortion laws should be less restrictive. Give the woman a week after she is aware that she’s pregnant to decide and be done with it. After that, nothing except endangerment of the mother’s life should justify aborting.

Give a woman one abortion for her lifetime. Abortion should not be used for after-the-fact birth control. Any woman that has more than one abortion should have a mandatory hysterectomy.

2%20cents%203

1 Like

One abortion for her lifetime? What if she happens to have more than one child?
What if she was married and had a baby from another guy (unmarried), and she wants to abort it?

If she doesn’t want more children, she should have a hysterectomy…or abstain from sex with men.

Give her one shot at this…and make sure her husband knows she was pregnant. After that, it’s hysterectomy time.

Yeah, that will go well…you seriously think she will even tell her husband,“Hey, I was cheating on you…so I am letting you know that I am pregnant”? Lol
I highly doubt she would even say a word…

I didn’t say she had to tell him. I said MAKE SURE he knows she’s pregnant.

The law is doomed to be ruled unconstitutional with the first court challenge.

I’m all for limiting abortions for convenience to the greatest extent possible this law goes way too far and will not withstand court challenges.

1 Like

Questions like this are usually asked as an either/or question.

It should be AND/ALSO.

Work a call center that provides alternatives to abortion. So many women say they are considering abortion only because it is legal. (And you’d also be surprised how many are not seeking abortion for their own reasons, but because men in their lives are insisting on it. Which puts the lie to the argument that it’s about the WOMAN’s body!)

Legality makes it an option. Sure, some will seek abortion all the same. They did before Roe.v.Wade.

The culture – led by organizations like Planned Parenthood – is fighting tooth and nail against changing the heart of our society to eschew abortion. It will never go away on its own. It will never even wane by changing hearts. Put the law into place, and ALSO work to support women in these situations.

It’s how slavery ended. Hearts didn’t oppose it enough to make it go away on its own. It took law – and generations of lingering resistance (some of which still exists today) still had to be overcome.

1 Like

Then I’m not sure what inference I’m supposed to draw from this:

I’ll repeat: The fact that a law will be broken is not a reason to oppose it. (Or are you saying you are NOT opposed to abortion laws, in spite of the fact that such laws would not stop (all) abortions.

There’s a hell of a lot of pressure from other women as well. Stay at home mom’s are viewed as next to useless by Feminists and you simply can’t be a good, active, present mother if you are working 30-50 or more hours a week particularly if you are a single mom.

Modern feminists see motherhood as slavery and those that willingly accept that burden/blessing are looked down upon unless they put their kids into daycare and schools for others to raise them.

Women carry hellacious guilt trips forced upon them by other women as a reslut.

1 Like

Sad but true.

In my opinion, this current society is not ready for an abortion restriction that does not allow exceptions for rape and incest. That’s just a socio-political reality of this culture. I cringe at such an exception, but I recognize the power of the prevailing mindset. I recognize that many pro-abortion rights proponents hide behind those tragic cases, using them as virtual human shields. And too many of the mush-minded masses have bought into that concern.

Remove that argument, and far fewer people would have concerns about abortion limitations. Get limitations in place with broad exceptions. It’s still better than no limitations, and the exceptions can be addressed in later increments once the cultural mindset turns away from an abortive mentality.

1 Like

No question about it.

1 Like

They are stupid to disallow abortion in cases of incest and rape.

I have stated my opinion on abortion above…in post #27.

1 Like

What if she is just irresponsible with the power of giving life?

I will add that something similar needs to apply to the father if he plays a role in deciding to abort.

AND… of course, confirmed violent rapists and rapists of small children get the knife. They can ask Private Manning what that’s like.

2 Likes