Aides leak tale of trying to stop Trump from leaving NATO

I was thinking more about the unimaginable cruelty he would inflict on his own people.

But you are making my point about the certainly of change. No two unbelievable tyrants will be exactly the same. But one thing is for sure - we will have more unbelievable tyrants. There may not be another germany/hitler like effort to conquer the world, but there will be another attempt to conquer the world…

Need I mention every single problem the world faces in every post around here?

Crumbling of “some” of our cities and rural areas was going to be noticed by the people…specially when they see new cities raising up in Asia.

You think the lost of jobs and manufacturing wouldn’t be noticed?

Also how can you have fair competition with non Representative states?

Like I said - I understand what you were rising up AGAINST.

I’m just curious why the right wing of america embraced a man who promised essentially left wing solutions to these serious problems.

Maybe…just maybe the left abandon the blue collar working man.

Are you denying that they did?

Who left the doggy door open? lol

2 Likes

The left? But Trump ran on a leftist platform. So, blue collar was attracted to the politician who most forcefully asserted a pro-middle class, left leaning, government interventionist platform.

And I’m not sure how an ideology cab abandon anyone. Maybe you mean the democratic party?

I don’t know about the rest of my right-wing colleagues, but I embraced his opposition to illegal immigration and commitment to appoint conservative judges. Just vanquishing the decrepit Clinton and Bush dynasties was enough to give him hero status with me. Being the only Republican who could say that invading Iraq was a disaster was also a big plus for me.

As far as NATO goes, we should have dissolved it in the 90’s. Having a bunch of like-minded meddlers to help us invade Iraq isn’t a good argument in its favor. NATO’s purpose was to deter a Soviet Union and international communism from expanding beyond its “Iron Curtain.” Once that was gone, NATO should have gone, too. I applaud Trump for forcefully asking why we should still be its sponsor. It’s pretty revealing that those who are aghast at the notion of dissolving NATO think it’s a good argument that this is what Putin wants, as if we should just do the opposite of whatever Putin wants. Arguments don’t get much cheaper and more mindless than that.

1 Like

Or that we shouldn’t have diplomatic relations with Russia because well Russians. Remember when we didn’t have to agree with 100% of our allies positions/ideologies and could still call them allies? Peppridge Farms remembers.

Trump is a creature of emotion, impulse, and self-indulgence. We’ve got decades of behavior and thousands of asinine tweets confirming this. It makes perfect sense that those surrounding him exhaust themselves talking him off the ledge.