A Tourists inside look of some of the Worlds Most Mysterious Countries

Hard to believe that a few thousand years ago Lebanon was part of the very cradle of civilization itself, Babylon.

And not necessarily only with the Israelis, but internecine ones as well; T E Lawrence says it all in the film Lawrence of Arabia. It seems that inter-tribal hatreds, mistrust, and historic hostility which are rampant in the region is in their DNA.

Persia is not Arabia.

Iran hasn’t had the tribal squabbles of the Arab world which continue to plague it to this day.

The internal strife in Iran is primarily the Islamic fundamentalists vs the modern secularists. A handful of radical Shia are oppressing the rest.

I was essentially commenting on the Arab mentality in the region.

Persians do not have an Arab Mentality. They have a “Persian Mentality”.

They have a much longer, deeper, richer history than the Arabs do.

Without oil, the Arabs would still be mostly living the same nomadic existence they did 5,000 years ago.

I say again - I was commenting on the Arab mentality, not the Persian one.

This thread is about Iran, Persia.

FFS it’s still in the middle east region? Why the fuck must you keep splitting hairs about such irrelevant stuff as that?

Once again you have no idea what you’re talking about which you have again demonstrated overwhelmingly.

Iranians are not Arabs, they have a different identity and mentality.

The problem in the region is Islam.

Shia and Sunni fundamentalists want to wipe each other out so their sect becomes the only “Path To Allah”.

For fifty or sixty years they united in their hatred of Israel and desire to eradicate the ■■■■ from the continent.

The Muslim/■■■■■■ began in the Old Testament when Issac and Ishmael parted ways.

If you’re going to pontificate on what’s going on in the ME and where the roots of the conflict are try learning something about the subject first.

Of fuck off! Bloody pedant!

Educate yourself and you’ll end up throwing fewer tantrums over being corrected.

That maybe true but I was only commenting on Lebanon and understanding it’s constant state of conflict as it related to my past travels there. Iran on the other hand is much deeper in its history including but not superseding its great wars with Sparta. Iran is truly a place that holds such mystique more than any place I have traveled to.

1 Like

That one word sums up Iran exquisitely - ‘mystique’.

Lebanon is actually part of Old Persia.

The problem with Lebanon over the last fifty years or so is that Iran and Syria destabilized and eventually brought down the legit gov’t using insurgents/terrorists.

Again, the Islamic fundies destroyed it so it could be used to attack Israel.

Yes indeed! Truly a wonderful place to go on vacation! There are also nice ski resorts in the mountains too!

Yes that is true which really sucks that these fundamentalists screws everything up by making those regions dangerous to travel to as tourists! Syria is another place that I would have loved to visit but now one does that at their own peril. There is so much history there and the sites and culture to be experienced is something I Long for.

Unfortunately ISIS destroyed much of the ancient sites in Syria and they’ll never be rebuilt.

Yeah I wouldn’t know, I have never been there since the civil war took place.

Work your google fu. It’s disgusting.

Here’s a starting point for you.

There are ISIS videos of the destruction I think still on Youtube.