Just a friendly reminder folks. We do have rules here. While we generally take a hands-off approach to moderation as to not influence the type of content posted, there are certain behaviors and actions that will result in a ban.
If a moderator needs to intervene and call you out in a thread, assume that one or more of the rules have been violated and either myself or Ty are giving you a second chance. This is not the opportunity to debate or spar with the moderator. Doing so will eliminate any goodwill we are offering and the penalties will be applied.
Permanent Ban (1000 Years)
- Promoting acts of violence.
- Promoting or describing how to commit any illegal act such as vandalism, fraud, illegal weapons modification, the purchase of illegal drugs, etc.
- Posting pornography.
- Calling for violent revolution against the government.
- A repeated pattern of disrespecting the forum culture.
- A repeated pattern of anti-social behavior.
- A repeated pattern of repeatedly insulting site, community members, or the staff.
- Having been suspended multiple times for any of the 7 and 3 day ban rules.
- Spamming for another website or trying to sell some product. You are of course allowed to post links to other sites, and you are even allowed to make threads about products you are selling, but you are not allowed to use this site as an advertising platform.
3 Day Suspension
- Flaming (all people involved in the flame war will get the same suspension, whether they started it or not - if someone starts flaming or insulting you, report them instead of responding).
- Uncivilized behavior (a pattern of rudeness or name-calling).
- Derailing a thread to argue about anything (the difference between “argument” and “debate” should be intuitively understood).
- Posting “gore” directly (this includes mutilated bodies, suicide victims, people with their heads blown off, aborted fetuses and mutilated animals, etc. “Gore” content can be used with the blur function or linked to, but with an explicit warning.
- Anti-social behavior.
- Engaging and arguing with an anti-social or uncivilized poster, instead of reporting them (if a certain number of users report an account, they will be blocked from posting - the only response you should make to an anti-social poster is to encourage others to report their account).
- Posting obvious bait threads.
- Continued poor quality posting.
7 Day Suspension
- Commenting on a thread without having read it. Claiming to have read the thread but not understood it will generally not be considered an acceptable excuse.
- Posting hardcore pornography.
- Attempting to cleverly avoid the no violence rule by making posts that are “technically” not illegal (“I hope x illegal act does/doesn’t happen to x person,” “x person deserves x illegal act,” etc.) This includes posting meme images of specific individuals being murdered.
- Linking to sites which allow for illegal downloads, including torrent sites.
NOTE: None of these suspensions or bans can be appealed.
NOTE II: Though this is intended to be a comprehensive list, it is possible to be suspended or banned for reasons which are not on this list.
All posts on Political Bullpen are the responsibility of the individual poster and not the administration of Political Bullpen, pursuant to 47 U.S.C. § 230