3D Printed AR-15 .22 Caliber Upper

Actually no, the thread title is about AR uppers which are not firearms.

But didn’t say say earlier in the thread ‘It’s only a matter of time before the right polymers come along and when they do the 3D printed firearms will be just as durable as those made from metal.’? I was responding to that.

You’re already in way past neck deep so it would be a good idea to stop digging.

[quote=“TWR, post:23, topic:4540, full:true”]

You’re already in way past neck deep so it would be a good idea to stop digging.

But my reply to what you said viz. ‘It’s only a matter of time before the right polymers come along and when they do the 3D printed firearms will be just as durable as those made from metal.’ is valid isn’t it. I don’t need any in-depth knowledge of the various parts of a gun to posit that?

Stop digging, you’re just embarrassing yourself the more you try to cover up your error.

Just answer my fucking question for christ sake!! Yes or no would be enough.

What question is it you think you’ve asked which hasn’t already been answered?

You said I’m not knowledgeable enough about guns to engage in this thread, but I wasn’t so much as engaging in the thread as replying to one of your posts in the thread, which in fact contradicted a previous post by another member (Samm?), namely that lowers will soon become viable for 3D printers to manufacture ‘given the right polymers’?

Perhaps you ought to ‘stop digging’? :rofl:

You don’t know what either an upper or lower is.

I already pointed out to both you and Samm that 3D printed lowers have been available for several years.

Now what is the question you think you’ve asked which has gone unanswered?

It’s still very much legal to build your own firearms for personal use at home. Lots of shooters enjoy the process and many also appreciate the fact that their firearm doesn’t appear in any record or database.

If an AR-15 is on your build list, the normally serialized part of the rifle — the part that’s legally a gun — is the lower receiver. But this is something you can do yourself. There are at least five easy ways to make AR-15 receivers at home.

Purchase an 80% blank and finish it with a drill, files and a little patience. It gets easier with a Dremel type tool. Or use a drill, a mill and some skill. There are plenty of sellers of 80% lowers out there and many videos on how to do it yourself.

Purchase an 80% receiver and finish it with a CNC machine, i.e. the Ghost Gunner. Order it on the Internets. The Ghost Gunner has an excellent reputation for creating quality receivers. Defense Distributed is expanding their line to include several different pistol models, including GLOCK and government model 1911s.

. Bolt one together from properly sized aluminum sheets/blocks. Some drilling and tapping required. Specs and templates are available on the Internet. This has great potential for building at home. I have not found any kits, but these should be easy to create.

1 Like

You hit the nail on the head . The Stoner AR rifle is an engineering masterpiece with springs plungers and pins anyone with the tooling can build one

[

The Full Auto American 180 in .22LR – 275 Round Pan Magazine 

https://lockedback.com â€ș Firearms
](https://lockedback.com/full-auto-american-180-22lr-275-round-pan-magazine/)

1 Like

Read the source story it is almost all there for you .
Why do you refuse to be educated about something you are so strongly against ?
Ignorance is not bliss !

2 Likes

Yeah. The West wasn’t won with a registered 3D printer. :crazy_face:

1 Like

The was was won after they disarmed the Indians !

The_______________was won?

No printing here drill and taps !!!

FFS how many more times do I have to say it - I’m not as obsessed with guns as you, so I don’t care how they work nor in any other details. If you’d read my posts you’d know that my only interest is in the damage they do to innocent kids in their schools, and women and children in shopping malls and restaurants etc.

Your priorities are whack. If ending damage to innocent school kids is your goal, you should be trying to ban cell phones. Many more teenagers die paying too much attention to their phones instead of traffic every year than have ever been killed by someone shooting up their school, their favorite mall or restaurant ever. The situation is tragic when it happens, but it is still a very rare occasion compared to the other things that kill kids.

1 Like

FFS I really am outta here now - I can’t take any more of this shit!