16 States to Abolish Electoral College

I am, what is your point.

So that they DO have a voice.

The minority vote in the states that either candidate won, that are solid red or blue, did not count.

My Republican friends in California tend not to vote because they know their vote doesn’t count for the presidential election.

I imagine that is the same thought in Alabama.

4.5 million republicans voted in California… which is more republicans votes than several red states combined. Not sure why people would feel like ONLY California and NY would swing elections to a democrat

And yet it is.

The country has always been disperse. BTW, what’s up with the sudden spelling errors?

They do have a voice , those that advocate a national vote cant grasp it.

The T.D.S is affecting their thinking.

Its funny that they say oh the system is antiquated and such, what bullshit.
This is how the founding fathers got the other colonies to join the union as they didnt want the popular vote because New York would outvote them every time.

Plus the founding fathers knew, understood through experience that a popular vote leads to tyranny
They didnt want a democracy, that is why they set up a constitutional republic

And the left wants to tear it down and look like Europe?

They should move to Europe if that is what they want.

1 Like

Then go find a democracy to live in, not a democratic republic.

No it hasn’t. There were only 13 colonies and they were across the eastern seaboard. Those 13 colonies had a combine land area similar to California today and far less population than Los Angeles.

Were the founding fathers prophets?

What are the major differences between 1776 and 2019? Are the times the same? Population? Racial demographics? Communication methods?

EC made sense in 1776 due to some of the constraints you listed. However none of those constraints exist today.

How many Americans voted for Nancy Pelosi? Yet she is Speaker of the House and wields a tremendous amount of power for how few placed her into office. She is the antithesis of what Americans voted for via the Electoral College. Checks and balances.

Yawn…

You see 3,000 of your ilk in a lib infested hive have one electoral vote. 10 of us rural gun clinging bible thumpers who don’t want it changed have one electoral vote.

Sucks to be you. :rofl:

Voices do count thanks to the Electoral College.

The crux of the argument for liberals is making voices not count.

they were a lot smarter than anyone in Congress today

Your point being???

but the same issues exist, smaller states citizens wants their vote to count , the problem isnt the E.C
the problem is America is a two party system, we have been like that since the Civil war.

There have been attempts for a third party , the Libertarians have come close but it doesn’t have strength to take on the big boys

How? In California a Republican vote certainly doesn’t count for the presidential election.

You ARE a manager in California or you ARE a “republican” in NYC. Which is it today?

1 Like

No matter how smart they were, they can’t predict the future.

My point is our society is in NO WAY the same as it was in 1776. The EC was built to solve the problems of that time. Not the problems of today

In 1776 there were 13 colonies covers the same geographical area as California with about 2.5 million people.

In 2019 the US is 50 times larger in land mass and 125 times the population.

In 1776 they could really only effectively communicate with people within a 10 miles radius.

In 2019 we can communicate with a space probe 50 billion miles away.

I could go on, but you get the point

Right? Trump wins and suddenly the system is antiquated.

You know what is funny also? They keep making these moves as though they are tipping the scales in their favor and it keeps coming back to bite them in the ass.

You realize you just made a case for, not against, the Electoral College? :rofl:

We are still “disperse”. There are pockets that are just as American as “you” are and require representation.

Dear that was just an example…lol

The example came straight from you.

Now which are you tonight? California manager or the NYC Republican?

Hahahahaha don’t want to debate the subject so you cling onto this ridiculousness.

Ok you got me… I’m a NY Republican lol