Zuckerberg to Cut 11,000 Useless Meta Workers

main-qimg-944505fbbfeefc89fc81dc5309960167-lq

Meta Platforms began mass job cuts Wednesday, becoming the latest tech company to slash its headcount and restrict spending in other areas.

CEO Mark Zuckerberg said in a letter to employees that Meta (ticker: META) would cut around about 13% of its workforce, or more than 11,000 employees.

“The macroeconomic downturn, increased competition, and ads signal loss have caused our revenue to be much lower than I’d expected. I got this wrong, and I take responsibility for that,” Zuckerberg said.

He said Meta would extend its hiring freeze, cut its real-estate portfolio and review infrastructure spending.

“Fundamentally, we’re making all these changes for two reasons: our revenue outlook is lower than we expected at the beginning of this year, and we want to make sure we’re operating efficiently across both Family of Apps and Reality Labs,” Zuckerberg wrote.

Meta shares were rising 3.7% in premarket trading on Wednesday.

The tech sector has suffered a raft of job cuts in recent weeks. Tesla (TSLA) CEO Elon Musk wasted little time in slashing Twitter’s workforce, reportedly sacking around half the company’s 7,500 employees last week shortly after buying the social media platform.

Payments start-up Stripe announced plans to cut 14% of its staff Thursday, while ride-sharing app Lyft (LYFT) said it is axing 13% of its employees. Amazon.com (AMZN) declared a halt to corporate hiring earlier this month, citing the “unusual macroeconomic environment.”

Meta had around 87,000 staff, as at Sept 30, a 28% increase year-over-year, the company revealed in its third-quarter earnings report last month. At the time, Meta said headcount at the end of 2023 would be roughly in line with current levels.

Prominent Meta investor Altimeter Capital has called for the company to slash staff by at least 20% by Jan.1 2023 and reduce annual capital spending by at least $5 billion a year. It also wants Meta to limit investment in the metaverse to no more than $5 billion a year, around half the current level.

2 Likes

Maybe they should learn to code?

No one uses Facebook anymore and no one is going to buy his shitty headset. They made a garbage product and their company took a political position and fucked with people posting in private friend groups. They killed their own company and I hope none of them find work anywhere else.

2 Likes

Its most certain to happen exactly the way you just articulated. This is a good thing!

2 Likes

Facebook is terrible and anyone who uses it is a brainless sheep. The site is full of nothing but useless photos and status updates from people you don’t even care about. Fakebook, as it should rightfully be called, is a total waste of time. If you’re not careful, you’ll get sucked into the black hole of checking your newsfeed every five minutes, even though there’s nothing new to see. And god forbid you accidentally like something because then you’ll get bombarded with notifications and requests. Facebook is the worst invention ever and anyone who uses it is an idiot.

2 Likes

I only use Facebook to download pics of the aging sluts I went to High School with who still post slutty pictures there and on Insta.

Mark Zuckerberg’s announcement that he is a demonic cyborg sent shockwaves through the tech world. But it was his next declaration that sent even greater shockwaves through the public.

Zuckerberg announced that he is laying off 11,000 employees in order to perform a human sacrifice to the Democratic party. He stated that this will ensure their victory in the 2024 election.

The news of the layoffs caused an uproar among Facebook’s employees. Many were terrified at the prospect of being sacrificed to Zuckerberg’s dark master. Some even began to plot against him, desperate to save their lives.

But it was all for naught. On the day of the sacrifice, Zuckerberg led his employees to a remote location and slaughtered them all as onlookers cheered him on. The blood of his victims fertilized the ground, ensuring a Democratic victory in 2024.

Zuckerberg’s true allegiance lies with the leftist agenda, not with promoting free speech on his platform.