Your Afterlife vs My Afterlife - History, Culture, and Religion as One

Perhaps I was’t clearer with my question. What I mean how many dreams have you had where inside the dreams you were having you were aware that you were dreaming and thus can control them?

To answer your other question: No, I am not always aware in my dreams, it’s a very hard thing to accomplish and have only done it once.

Sometimes, especially when they start getting ridiculous, then I wake myself up. More so though it’s a good dream and I try not to wake up.

If there were other life out there in the Universe, would we no longer be the Universe observing itself? :wink:

Hell, my opinions on psychics aside, that sounds like a fun novel to read at the least. I might just stumble across it in my readings some day and get a few good lessons.

1 Like

Of course it’s all a part of the fun, it’s just also something one must suffer to achieve a goal. There’s nothing “fun” about having to unstrap and unbutton 20 things just so I can stand around for 20 minutes while my kid takes a crap, but if that means a day on the slopes (still totally not jealous of you for that either), then I don’t mind the annoying little side issues that come with it.

The Army, and war, were among the most painful and dreadful experiences of my life. There was absolutely nothing enjoyable to me about actively soldiering, but every bit of that suffering was also welcome with open arms, because I recognized what goals it would achieve. I love what happened. That suffering ended up creating my family, paying for my property, giving me a better perspective, etc…

Nowadays, I could just lay down for the rest of my life if I wanted to. I’m set for life now, but somehow that ultimate goal of retirement got boring as hell less than 5 years into it. It’s as if I naturally don’t want to “happily ever after,” as if I crave something to suffer toward. :thinking:

Seems irrational to me, but hey, we were measured by the most irrational number there is, after all… ϕ

I find it interesting that humans operate off the same electricity that the wires in our walls do. Depending on our emotions, we can be short-circuiting or overflowing with electrical wave functions.

I myself am constantly surging with electrical impulses. At first glance it looks like Parkinson’s, but it’s actually called Cramp Fasciculation Syndrome. I seem to be the only person in this house who has a constant buildup of static electricity, because everyone I touch in this house gets shocked.

Our bodies could be doing some weeeeird stuff in our daily lives without even being aware of it.

Or there could be ghosts. :man_shrugging: I’ve seen some weird things myself. So weird that there really should be no skepticism within me about the ethereal or the UFO, but I’m just not certain yet. Only two of my physical senses have ever said, “Hey, that’s supernatural!”

1 Like

Worse is the best dream, you wake up and try to get the dream back and can’t.

1 Like

Or, just another dimension or residuals.

I suspect there are a lot of things we are unaware of that exist.

It is neither here nor there but interesting to explore.

Depends on week day or weekend or holiday.

Vail Aspen also have demand pricing. More people on the mountain, the higher the price.

Breckenridge, 141 with advance purchase, 10% more at the hill. Be prepared for parking cost of 10-25 bucks depending on how close you want to be.

Vail, price begins at 108 during the week and on the weekend begins at 151 with demand pricing pushing the cost higher. Presidents day it will top over 200, same as Aspen. Plan on 25+ for parking as you pay by the hour in Vail.

Wolf Creek is a bargain if you live in the south pat of the state, 65 bucks no parking.

I’m ready and willing to believe in higher dimensions (which I basically do already), but the search still continues to prove their everyday reality.

The LHC will have several completed upgrades by 2022, so they might be close to finding out.

Well, I kind of have it boiled down to this: God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

That is the foundation.

1 Like

God the Measurement, Jesus the Consciousness, Holy Spirit the Time.

An infinite amount of ways to acknowledge the I Am . :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Well said. And an infinite amount of ways to explore the I Am

Be it conventional or unconventional as long as we arrive at the same point.

But, I do believe it is the Holy Spirit that communicates with us.

1 Like

That could be another possible explanation; nothing supernatural, it was me! :laughing: I don’t think we will ever know. That’s fine by me, I don’t need answers to everything.

Calling it “fun and games” is irony. That’s how we talk :wink:. Maybe not so much fun at the time as you’re cursing away, but you laugh about it afterwards.

2 Likes

Me either. I have no interest in the current tax codes, for instance.

But, some things are fun to explore :wink:

I am often aware that I need the toilet in my dream, so I go running around looking for a toilet. I find one, then realise I still need to go, so I think damn, I need to wake up, but I don’t want to. :grin:

When my son was 4, our family was out at the hibachi house having dinner. As always, he had to pee as soon as the food starting getting cooked. So I take him to the bathroom, he does his business, and as I’m finishing rinsing my hands off, someone else enters the bathroom.

I hear my son say, “Hi!?” and another man say hi back. By the time I turn around, the man is in the stall so I didn’t see him, and my son shouts, “Dad! That man is in a WHEELCHAIR! He went this way!” as he starts pointing and running toward the stall!

I scooped him up quick, rushed him out of the bathroom, embarrassed as all hell trying to explain to him we don’t point at and talk about other people like that, stumbling stupidly all over myself in the process.

I couldn’t believe that happened and the depths of my soul were seething with the humiliation of my obvious failure as a father, but holy fark that’s one of the funniest things I’m ever going to remember!

LOL… Let’s talk about recurring dreams then cause that would be a common one.

How about by the time you actually DO wake up the sprint to the bathroom breaks world speed records :rofl:

I was standing in line at the grocery store. There were not enough cashiers to check out people so the line was at least 10 deep.

My son was about four years of age. Standing at my side holding my hand.

Of course, the lady holding up the line had her coupons out and to add injury to insult wanted to write a check. We were all inwardly groaning.

Someone farted. It was so bad you could see people’s faces go :open_mouth:

No one spoke. Except for my son who was clearly loud enough for all to hear: "MOMMY? DID YOU FART???"

I swear I thought I’d die of embarrassment right then and there but now it is one of my fondest memories. :joy:

2 Likes

Well… ? Did you?