Your Afterlife vs My Afterlife - History, Culture, and Religion as One

Usually based on their own experiences. Our perception of time isn’t even accurate. We are less than children in the grand scheme of things.

2 Likes

Nope, I think they counted time with respect to the sun, moon, and constellations, in relation to each other.

One revolution of the zodiac constellations equals ~26,000 Earth revolutions around the Sun, so a day and a year are relative terms and depend on which celestial reference one might be using.

That clearly says it all!!!

Coolbeans, got anything else? lol

And I would comment on your thoughts why???

Because you’re in here commenting on my thoughts. lol

Spirituality is, religion should be, but any time people try to organize God, they fail.

Christianity is a Frankenstein monster that is the product of mixing various aspects of the Mithraic, Babylonian, Egyptian, Caananite and Sumerian religions, histories and symbolism.

If you took the time to study these Pagan traditions you would know this.

But you won’t because you know exactly where that rabbit hole would lead you.

And it is much easier to cling to the idea of salvation in the afterlife in exchange for submission to a psychotic sun god in this life.

But that salvation isn’t coming.

Christianity was devised as a means of enslaving the world using the symbolism of the Age of Pisces, and the Age of Pisces has reached its end, and with it dies Christianity.

And good riddance!

If you don’t believe me ask 10 random Christians to quote one verse from the Bible, 9 out of 10 cannot do it.

Christianity is so vapid and synthetic that the average Joe cannot even be bothered to read the holy book of the religion they claim to love so dearly.

But maybe you’re right…perhaps all these Somalians and Sudanese people the Christians keep importing into the West will be able to “keep the faith alive” just like the Frankenstein monster it is.

IT’S ALIIIVE!

IT’S ALIIIIVVVEEE!!

3 Likes

I think most of organized religion was created to control the people. Remember back in the day the Church was the government. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Jesus was God. He chose to experience death to save me. And I don’t deserve it.

The Father called me, Jesus invited me, and the Holy Spirit sustains me on my irreversible journey to join God in his ongoing life.

Even at 5 years of age I could reason that this was a great deal.

2 Likes

So tell us what you think of the muslim religion as their little book was written by a mad man.

And that day has passed. Today we have the agnostic running government. Is it better? Is physician assisted suicide better for the country? Is later\ term or any abortion better for the country?
Social justice causes like helping the fake asylum seekers and illegals who murder citizens instead of focusing on the people that are their neighbors who are homeless , our veterans that are in need move to the back of the line.

Exactly how is the non benevolent, non believing left better than christianity?

How will the non assimilating now citizens moving into government i.e. muslim types who espouse their hate for christianity, ■■■■ mac this a better country.

It would seem the current leftists that are over running this country are a bigger danger to this country and the world than Christianity.

How so?..

I was just reading last night (Bill O’Reilly’s book, “Killing Jesus”) about Jesus overturning the tables in the temples.

And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the money changers , and the seats of them that sold doves, And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with tithing. Obviously, the church needs the funds to keep the doors open and for missions they support or engage in.

Awhile back, I was trying to find a new church and one I visited…The whole hour was spent pretty much on the new building and how more funds were needed to complete it. I kind of crossed that one off of my list, lol.

Thank you for recognizing that.

Good point, Lou.

When you criticize social justice causes the first thing to be used against you from the atheists or agnostics is Christianity.

1 Like

It was Heideggar who put forth the premise that there is no point of origin for knowledge. He was basically refuting epistemological thinkers such as Kant who was insistent as such that origin of knowledge existed . Nietzsche also stated as much too.

Ahh, I see the reference.

I was more along the lines of millions of year of thinking… this thought has been thought already… this question has been asked already…:wink:

I said before that we are separated only by language. All religions in the world with the exception of a few have commonalities that transcend the language barriers and virtually have the same meaning.

Exactly! That is what Heideggar was referring to, not limited to Kant of course. There is no point of origin.

1 Like