Woman shoots dead escaped prisoner who broke into her home

A South Carolina woman has been praised as a hero for shooting dead an escaped prisoner who broke into her home after kicking in her back door.

Bruce McLaughlin Jr., 30, was still wearing his orange jumpsuit when he was shot by the woman after he entered her home in Pickens at around 3 a.m. on December 4.

McLaughlin had escaped from the Pickens County Prison along with fellow inmate Timothy Cleveland Dill at around 2:40 a.m. after attacking two detention officers in what police believe was a premeditated plan.

Pickens County Sheriff Rick Clark said police received a 911 call around 20 minutes after the breakout to a report that one of the inmates had been spotted. Deputies responded within four minutes and captured Dill.

Around the same time, deputies received another 911 call from a homeowner who informed them she had shot an intruder who had broken into her home and armed himself with a foot-long metal sharpening tool which he took from the kitchen.

The woman, who had undergone firearm training and has a license to carry a concealed weapon, shot McLaughlin in the head. He was airlifted to Greenville Memorial Hospital, where he was later pronounced dead.

“This lady took the time to get a [concealed weapons permit] and set herself up to protect herself, and not be harmed, raped, or killed,” Clark said in a press conference, reports CBS News.

2 Likes

My kind of lady. Good shooting.

1 Like

Old news but news to me. I think the minute someone enters your home that you don’t want there deadly force should be authorized across the board in every state.

December, 2018 wasn’t all that long ago…and that delay in your seeing the story is quite reasonable considering the fact that the MSM suppresses such stories. You’ll seldom see this kind of story (successful defensive use of a firearm) on the major networks or the front page of anything but a local newspaper.

But, let a deranged lunatic use a black rifle in a public place and you’ll see the shooter’s face and life story in the news for weeks on end…along wit asinine pleas for more gun control laws.

[quote=“Joe, post:3, topic:2090”]
I think the minute someone enters your home that you don’t want there deadly force should be authorized across the board in every state
You must not live in NY or Califoricate .

Nope - I am from NYC but have lived in Florida since getting out of the Coast Guard almost 15 years ago. Spent most of my career in Alaska - where guns are a part of everyday life.

1 Like

Also: it was a white guy who got shot. When some criminal who happens to be white dies during the commission of a crime it’s hard to find random people who think a terrible injustice happened … so it gets little press.

1 Like

At the range I always use a gallon jug as the target; because it’s close to the size of a head. Best to be able to hit a target that size. Anyone can hit a 2 1/2 X 4 foot piece of plywood. One foot X one foot is the best close range target size. The grandson, who has infinitely better eyesight than I have, uses bottle caps on a string for targets.

1 Like

I usually shoot prickly pear leaves or buds in season or small rocks the size of my fist or smaller. I have a half mile long track I can jog and shoot on.

In classes on outdoor ranges I use 2 liter bottles filled with water and red food coloring to get everyone in the right frame of mind so they never approach the classes glibly.

I hope they gave her the key to the city and a year free internet for the public service she just did.

thank you, one more piece of shit scum off the street saving taxpayers money.

2 Likes

Hopefully he hadn’t reproduced yet. Scum tends to produce more scum.

1 Like

OMG !!! NYC ??? Even a cop from another City can’t carry there . Talk about gun phobia .

South Carolina not the best of places to be a criminal. Nearly all of us (including our women) have permits and carry. I would say that even half our “imported yankees” fit into that category!:rofl:

1 Like

I hear that, one can only hope that the scum didnt produce

Yep, and the bit in the story about her having a CCP was completely superfluous.

It only hints that she may have had some training.

I liked the report of a head shot. Now the county can reuse his orange jumpsuit. :laughing:

1 Like

Having to wear a blood stained jump suit should help deter future escapes. :wink:

1 Like

No responsible or accredited trainer is teaching people to take head shots unless that’s the only target available.