White People's Lives In 1957 America. What A Time It Was!

What a change. Truly priceless!

I dont have the stats handy but I read the same was true for education.

Every 13 or 14 year old boy I knew, had a .22 rifle. No one got shot. A kid could go out at 7:00 am & come home at 7:00 pm, and parents didn’t worry. In my town no one locked their doors at night ( or ever ). Now I lock two doors & sleep with my 1911 on the nightstand, and have 9 security cameras & wireless motion detector alarms, and motion detector floodlights. Almost forgot; most anyone could service their own vehicle. Oil change & tune up - $25.00. Now when you open a cars hood, you are greeted by a rat nest of hoses, wires, sensors, and anything else that can be included to raise a vehicle’s price, and prevent the owner from working on it. Few people can afford diagnostic equipmnet that costs 1,000s of dollars.

1 Like

1957 Chevrolet Bel Air

1 Like

-Mariyln-Monroe-407x395

Elvis_Presley_in_Jailhouse_Rock_1957

1 Like
1 Like

SX425

USA-1094
48 states

Both have been declared as hateful and terrifying by progressive libs today.

Things change, and somebody’s always pissed off, before the time period you’re referring to, native Americans lost what they treasured as well.

My father had a 57 Nomad.

1 Like

Unfortunately, far too often, things don’t change for the better. I certainly believe in serious technological advances; but too much unnecessary crap is produced to be sold to idiots who think they need it. Creating crap markets is a big business; because the idiots are waiting in line. Example: Do we really need new cell phones every 6 months? I use my phone for making occasional phone calls. $20. a month unlimited. The rest of the time I use for living. Time is a precious commodity, that once used, cannot be recovered.

2 Likes

True, but that is subjective…

I can tell from your handwritten letters to the Political Bullpen that you prefer paper and pencil too. I wonder who transcribes them and places them on the internet.

I think you know half of this story. You may remember my Great Grand Father (Paternal) was a long time federal Marshal starting in around 1878-1880 through 1920 or so in New Mexico. He got one of the first 38 police specials made by S&W which to this day carries 13 notches to remind him ever time he looked at it of the seriousness of the job.

Several different times over the years my history teacher would have one of us bring it and tell the history of it.

Not once did a teacher or principle even question whether or not it was loaded or if there were even a possibility of myself, brother, or sister having any ill intent.

The closest we ever came to a “school shooting” was my Sophmore year when the superintendant asked me to shoot a rabid skunk behind the lunchroom.

Every truck in the parking lot and most of the cars carried at least one rifle and shotgun, many of us also carried both a .22lr rifle, and a longer range gun for shooting prairie dogs and predators and many of us also had at least one pistol in the truck.

Somehow we all managed live through our senior years without killing ourselves or shooting up the school/town.

Of course we had probably 90-95% church attendance and parents that understood that both Parent, and Parenting were verbs meaning they required effort.

Probably at least 90% of us came from intact families as well since a divorce was a black mark on both the mother and the father.

Mass shootings are for the most part absent parents, either physically or emotionally, broken homes and from people everyone just knew would be going off sooner or later.

We know the causes, it ain’t the number of guns, it’s who has them and a complete failure of the system, their families, and their friends to deal with ticking time bombs properly before they go off.

I write on the fly - off the top. I often make mistakes. The human foible. Anyway, I’m thick skinned, and open to any criticism. Too many miles behind me to be sensitive or engage in pissin contests. Fragile egos are not productive. They point to immaturity.

3 Likes