White House Talking Points Preempt Whistleblower

I found it curious how the GOP/WH talking point “No Collusion” came out early and took over the MSM. There was no way, ever, to prove “collusion”, as we all know it’s not a legal construct, so just by getting that word out front, they neutralized Mueller’s report pre-emptively.

I’m seeing a parallel with “No quid pro quo”, but as I’m following this story second- by- second, addicted to The Hive, I notice that the talking- point preceded the WB. It’s in the texts, and especially, the 9/9 Sondland text-- which followed a 5-hour pause and conversation with Donnie 2S, he clearly laid out that “The President has been crystal clear no quid pro quo’s of any kind.” I believe this is a strategy to set the defense in advance and inoculate themselves against the obvious accusation.

What I’m really struck by is that this is before the story went public.

Of course, this is what Michael Cohen said about Trump when he testified: he never tells anybody to do anything; never gives an order, and never makes his quids directly connect with his quos. (My take).

He inoculates himself against legal liability by never actually stating the illegal. He may have goofed in the phone call, but not enough, in the memo, for the citizenry to be sure of that.

I’m concerned they will have the same success with with this message as they had with “no collusion”. I’ve already heard a couple of liberal friends who don’t follow as closely as I do say the same thing: “I don’t know that they should impeach, because there was no Quid Pro Quo in the conversation.”

The disinformation is powerful and planned well in advance. Mobster.

How can Dems undo that messaging and what pithy phrase of guilt can we use? Is “Abuse of Power” enough?

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

1 Like

There was no way, ever, to prove “collusion”, as we all know it’s not a legal construct, so just by getting that word out front, they neutralized Mueller’s report pre emotively

And now you admit that the democrats in their quest to over throw the legally elected government wasted 25 million bucks.

Apparently you’re unaware of the treaty between Ukraine and the US signed by Willian Jefferson Clinton regarding corruption and cooperation between governments.

But then again that is why the morons in the House are demanding information from every department. Unfortunately it will open a rats nest as the GOP then has the latitude to have everyone and anyone testify. And yes, that means democrats will be testifying which Mueller didn’t bother with.

1 Like

It was more then 25 Mil it was more like $47-48 Mil of wasted taxpayer $$, this is all the Dems do is spend money while destroying the country.

2 Likes

Great post & welcome to the forum…spin and disinformation has led to the divisive mindset of fellow citizens turning them against each other as “the enemy”. Unfortunately, the RW trafficked in this with the full support of FOX News and RW radio and talk shows for a long time but now the LW is also doing this at an increasing pace. Newton’s third law…
If ethics and facts can’t be agreed on and everything MUST be viewed through a party lens then the corruption we are currently seeing on steroids will just be brushed aside and the constitution will continue to be undermined.

To be fair, the GOP seem to also be spending record amounts to avoid a government shutdown.

They should shut down the government as dysfunctional as it is.

2 Likes

I’ll drink to that! :beers:

1 Like

Great post - now apply that same thinking to Hillary’s emails and Benghazi.

2 Likes

Whataboutism is a Russian disinformation active measure, just an FYI… Deflection to Clinton is simple deflection when no other tactic is left to address the actual topic.

Deplorable whataboutniks. I wish I could make T-shirts

1 Like

They can get over that they lost 2016 and realize Trump will be re-elected.

When they start working for the American people and upholding our Constitution then perhaps the Dems can undo the message they’ve sent.

1 Like

We did, and 8 incarnations of republican investigations wasting its millions of tax payer money netted NOTHING…

Did Hillary Clinton violate procedures put in place to safeguard Top Secret classified information?

It is often used to illustrate double standards. Those that condone or defend Bitchillary in the email scandal and the Benghazi lies should have no right to criticize Republicans for anything they do.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

2 Likes

What does that have to do with Benghazi, and the eight different investigations that republicans wasted millions of dollars on coming up empty handed each time?

They’ll try to diminish you by stating that liberalism is a mental disorder. Though there’s no such medical diagnosis. Just go ahead and tell them that conservatism is a mental disorder I suppose…

1 Like

Nancy Pelosi’s impeachment momentum!:rofl::rofl:

A fine example of a Hillary fetish unchained.

One only has to look at your bs posts to know your liberalism is indeed a mental disorder! Being in denial of that fact is what makes you libbies comedy gold! Your either a paid schill made to look stupid or you really are that dumb!

Your posts on this forum are total examples of what you describe…I doubt that the ability to acknowledge this however.

1 Like