What Pistol Should I Buy?

I’ve always been more of a rifle kinda guy. I’m leaning towards a 10 mm and defense or penetrator ammo. What are your recommendations?

2 Likes

9mm, any basic ruger or glock or some generic brand gun will do. Decently affordable, not sure with price fluctuations given the situation at the moment, but last I checked not terrible. 10mm is difficult to find sometimes and often pretty pricey in my experience but if you can do with it, go for it.

1 Like

I’m itching to get another handgun, and leaning towards Glock 19.

.45 ACP like a red blooded American

I’m going with the Walther Creed in 9 mm. Walter is solid German manufacturing and 9 mm is ubiquitous. The last thing you want in the Electric Hebrew Kit Kat Boogaloogie is to find yourself clutching a weapon for which the ammunition is uncommon.

I paid about $250 for my Creed. The magazine holds 15 with one in the pipe; you’ll hear Glock fans who pooh pooh this as insufficient firepower. In my opinion, if you find yourself in a situation where 16 rounds is not enough to shoot your way clear you should have already resorted to your trusty KSG bullpup shottie anyway.

Glock 19, aftermarket sights, a good holster, and a few magazines. End of thread.

Just make sure the entire thing is made of steel and avoid the polymer lower receivers. Make sure its in a common caliber that is used wherever you are from.

As an everyday carry pistol I have gotten partial to a Smith & Wesson M&P Shield in .45 caliber. Easy to conceal, light and reasonably accurate at likely self-defense range.

Are you looking for a pistol just to add to your collection because of the cool factor, or would this be a go-to pistol because it’s your only one (or nearly so)?

If you’re buying for fun, yeah get a 10mm. If this is a pistol for SHTF scenarios, 9mm is the way to go.

9mm with hollowpoints. easy to get ammo, will stop anything

Also 9mm anything. Very common round. Not too expensive to practice with. High capacity magazines. Low recoil.

I enjoy Glocks.

Get a 30+ round mag from brownells for like 19 dollars. Stencil SHALL NOT INFRINGE on the extra 4 feet that hangs out of your magwell.

Why the fuck would you want 10mm that is hard to find, and isn’t plentiful? It’s over hyped anyways. Get a 9mm handgun.

I’m the outlier and am a fan of .380 auto. Just my personal preference.

Depends. Looking for Conceal carry or home defense, target fun or just to piss off Liberals?

Conceal Carry: Sig Sauer P938 9MM.
Home Defense: Springfield XD Subcompact or P320 Sig Sauer.
Pissing off Liberals: S&W .44 Mag
Range Fun: .357 S&W

Barretta 9mm PX4 Storm.

1 Like

Fine choice. I just bought my daughter a Glock 19 Gen 5. I have my own Glock 17 Gen 5.

Both are 9mm but mine has a bit longer barrel.

Both hold 17 rounds in the magazine. I keep one in the chamber to make it an 18 shot weapon. I’m encouraging my daughter to do the same.

(When needing to fire quickly after deholstering, split seconds count. Plus it takes both hands to rack the slide.)

1 Like

.45 - - - - - Much big hole goin in; much bigger comin out. Nothing like a freight train. That being said. Charter Arms Bulldog .44 is very dependable. DA Revolver. Available in hammerless. If I were going for a smaller caliber, it would be the Ruger Revolver in .327 Magnum. 327 Federal Magnum

.327 Federal Magnum

The.327 Federal Magnum is a cartridge introduced by Federal Cartridge but also sold by Sturm, Ruger, intended to provide the power of a.357 Magnum in six shot, compact revolvers, whose cylinders would otherwise only hold 5 rounds. The.327 has also been used in full-sized revolvers with a capacity of seven rounds or more.