What does everyone think is the solution to the opioid crisis? DAVE'S THREAD

I do. I also know you have a strong upbringing and a strong family support system.

Some do not have that. It is too easy to crumble without something greater to live for.

2 Likes

The latter case being:

Choices, Dave. No, I don’t think the drug companies have any responsibility in the matter of personal choices.

No more than I blame Gillette for razor blades if someone decides to slit their wrists.

Well, perhaps you just nailed it.

Motivation.

1 Like

Thays not a fair comparison. The drug companies pushed something they knew was addictive [edit: and dangerous], in order to make more money

2 Likes

I suppose if you are speaking of climate change, you just might be onto something relevant.

2 Likes

Why are you deflecting?

Although I’m happy to talk about climate change too.

2 Likes

I have no idea what my IQ is. I would guess average.

But, I was trained to and loved learning to disseminate on molecular levels.

When Singular came out, I took a crayons with different colors to trace how it interacted and did not interact on all molecular cascades.

You are correct. All it takes is average intelligence and curiosity.

Actually, the first line of credibility is who PUBLISHED it.

New England Journal of Medicine used to be the gold standard.

I’ve been out of the loop for too long to know what is or is not relevant/credible today.

My cousin died last year from Oxycontin, another person crushed in the grasp of Big Pharma.

Started with a minor pain issue that rapidly evolved into addiction, but don’t worry guys, Oxy is a “less addictive alternative to dangerous opioids”.

Motherfuckers, you will pay one day. Hard.

1 Like

Who owns Perdue Pharma, which knowingly hooked Americans on opioids? The Sackler Family.

The Sackler Family are descendants of Isaac Sackler and his wife Sophie (née Greenberg), ■■■■■■ immigrants from Galicia (now Ukraine) and Poland.

The more you know…

Opioid Crisis

Since I have no personal connection (no family members, no friends (that I know of), and no co-workers (that I know of) addicted to opioids, I have no personal tales of struggles with the addition. I do understand the difference between physical and psychological addictions as I have lived through many of a psychological nature…over-eating, alcohol excess, TV watching, and a few others. My only physical non-survival related addiction is to nicotine…and I believe even that one is partly psychological as I have been able to quit for several months at a time…several times.
The main problem I see with opioid addiction is that it is profit driven. Big Pharma makes big bucks from the sale of opioids. Perhaps Big Pharma should be forced to pay for treatments.
Here’s an interesting article on the subject of proposed solutions juxtaposed with methods that seem not to work.

It is clear you have a grudge and prejudice against pharmaceutical companies. To say that they provide “much of doctor’s education” is spoken out of pure ignorance.

How you choose to use something for its intended purpose or to abuse the intended purpose is a fair comparison and completely relevant to this topic.

Quite true.

No. It is spoken from an insight, albeit narrow, of a medical student’s education program. [Edit: I make an assumption that other medical programs are similar.]

All pain meds are addictive.

Should we ban the manufacturing and use of all pain meds? Why is it the focus on 1 drug when there are many out there equally as dangerous?

The 10 most addictive pain killers:

1. Fentanyl
    More potent than morphine.
  2. OxyContin
  3. Demerol
  4. Hydrocodone
  5. Morphine
  6. Percocet
  7. Codeine
  8. Methadone
  9. Dilaudid
  10. Oxymorphone

People are killed every day by drivers in auto accidents and nothing is said.

People are killed every day by illegal aliens and nothing is done.

Yet here we are hysterical about Opoids crisis focusing on one company.

Feel manipulated yet?

3 Likes

Take your trolling elsewhere.

1 Like

Diversions, and what about this drug or that drug?
Typical tactics of someone defending the indefensible.
Opiates are known to be over-prescribed, extremely addictive, and lethal.