WH officials refuse to testify

There’s a very good reason for doing this in advance of public hearings and a vote on impeachment.

The reason they’re deep sixed is so that individual witness are unable to have a private dinner or retreat somewhere to agree upon their answers to questions and co-ordinate their responses.

We saw the benefits of this today when Sondland, upon seeing that perjury was in his future due to conflicting testimony from other witnesses recanted his previous testimony saying that he did actually recall now that he’d personally delivered the Quid Pro Quo personally.

Yah…he forgot:roll_eyes:

Yep, there are actually quite a few here aren’t there? Honest discourse can be tedious but in the end it’s beneficial to all parties involved.

I try to find reputable links for anything controversial that I post. It’d give me a greater understanding and appreciation of the world views other folks hold if they’d do the same.

emphasis on reputable

1 Like

DOJ: House Democrats’ Subpoenas ‘Legally Invalid’ If Witnesses Can’t Have Attorneys With Them

For the latest US and political news download The Epoch Times app now! https://ept.ms/2mCEjel

1 Like

Yes, but the DOJ has released a (opinion mind you) statement at the behest of Trump’s personal council, AG Barr, suggesting that House subpoenas are not valid if the witnesses aren’t allowed agency council at their side for deposition.

But, at least one witness has sued, asking a district court to decide the conflict between the House subpoena, and Trump’s White House order not to reply.

Clearly the White House has a lot to hide. Let’s see what the court says.

1 Like

Bolton will also be impacted by this lawsuit as he shares the attorney of record with Kupperman.

They both will benefit from the court greenlighting their testimonies.

1 Like

ROTFLMAO.

That’s all that can be said about the left and their absurd claims.

Can’t wait for the impeachment or will they just play games until the next election. I suspect it’s game time.

It seems Matt Taibbi is the only Democrat who has a brain and sees this charade for what it is!

My how quickly things begin to change:

• 47% of voters support the House impeaching Trump, down 4 points from a 51% high in mid-October.

The House is not a grand jury. Secret hearings are for sensitive matters of national security not for Presidential phone calls with a public transcript.

If the concern was witness coordination then why begin with a public hearing? Schiff concluded his opening remarks at the public hearing by laying out his polemic fantasy of the phone call creating a roadmap for future witnesses.

If the desire was to keep testimony secret then why were witnesses prepared opening statements , in one case 15 pages long, released to the media? Were subsequent witnesses supposed to be illiterate? :roll_eyes:

There was no effort whatsoever made to contain Democrat leaks to the media describing witness testimony. It was a coordinated campaign to fix the narrative around predetermined talking points.

The QPQ Sondheim recalled was his assessment that no further aid would be forthcoming until the Ukrainian government issued an anti corruption statement they’d been discussing for weeks. Why would that that be objectionable unless it invoked the same fear that led to VP Biden demanding the firing of a Ukrainian prosecutor in less than 6 hours while holding US aid hostage? Of course the Democrat controlled House has no interest in the President’s desire to get the Ukrainian government to fight corruption, that doesn’t fit with the Orange man bad Resistance narrative.

Much of what you post is true and some of it is supposition.

But all of it falls under the umbrella of politics as usual.

But this,

has been explained many times. Biden was the point man for a unified group of nations who were adamant that Shokin be fired. The current occupants campaign simply parsed and omitted words to make it appear that something happened that never happened.

From Politifact…

“Joe Biden pressured Ukraine to fire its prosecutor.”
Biden did call for Ukraine to fire Shokin, but the ad fails to note that there were widespread calls for his ouster.

Biden assumed a lead role in U.S. diplomacy toward Ukraine after a popular revolution in early 2014 that led to pro-Russia President Viktor Yanukovych fleeing the country. Shokin became top prosecutor in 2015, after Yanukovych went into exile. A frustrated Biden in Dec. 2015 threatened to withhold $1 billion unless Shokin was fired, in hopes that a new prosecutor would do more to enforce the law. According to Biden, it worked.

The Trump campaign ad includes a clip of Biden’s partial reports at a Jan. 23, 2018, event sponsored by the Council on Foreign Relations. Biden spoke about getting a commitment from then-Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko and from then-Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk.

“I looked at them and said, ‘I’m leaving in six hours,” Biden recounted. “If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money.’ Well, son of a b----. He got fired. And they put in place someone who was solid at the time.”

"Fact: the prosecutor said he was forced out for leading a corruption probe into Hunter Biden’s company."

There is evidence that many Western leaders and institutions, as well as Ukrainian anti-corruption activists, viewed Shokin as corrupt and ineffective for failing to prosecute anybody of significance, and for protecting members of Yanukovych’s and Poroshenko’s circles.

When Shokin was fired in the spring of 2016, press reports explicitly linked his ouster to corruption.

Steven Pifer, a career foreign service officer who held positions in the Clinton and George W. Bush administrations, previously told PolitiFact that “virtually everyone” he knew in the U.S. government and virtually all non-governmental experts on Ukraine “felt that Shokin was not doing his job and should be fired.”

“All decent people were in favor of Shokin’s sacking,” Anders Åslund, a resident fellow at the Atlantic Council told PolitiFact. “Biden led a Western/anticorruption consensus.”

The purported support from the US bureaucracy and allies does nothing to ameliorate Biden’s rampant conflict of interest. As VP the US diplomats were beholden to him for their jobs. As lead person for US relations in Ukraine he wielded considerable influence among our allies. Power and influence he used like a mob boss to protect his son’s $50K per month payoff.

Biden displayed consciousness of guilt when he lied about not knowing what his son was up to with Burisma. Yet he arrogantly bragged about about getting the prosecutor fired assuming no one would find out he was protecting his son from investigation.

Quite frankly, what is shows is the level of hypocrisy that the dems need to have ripped out from underneath their smug, not subject to the law feet.

They and any Republicans who line their pockets on the taxpayer dime needs to be weeded out.

2 Likes

Agreed.

But this would clean out most of the current cabinet as well at the current occupant. Pence might be innocent unless his collection of Gladiator movies is given close examination. But I seriously doubt that Mikey is corrupt or has the intelligence to pull off a grift.

They were? I’m sure you have something that links the VP to diplomatic corps jobs, right:pleading_face:

I won’t wait around for it.

You think after putting Biden in charge of US policy in the Ukraine Obama wouldn’t let him control personnel decisions? Don’t be silly.

I note the abscense of any attempt to refute the evidence of Biden’s corruption. :roll_eyes:

what is abscense? Your favorite cologne? Certainly you’re not guilty of…the horror…typos?

Aside from that I’ve seen enough from you to know that you’re a waste of time as far as discussion goes. Your tinfoil cap is mighty dense.

Dense is the operative word here.

So much for your civility argument! Can you say hypocrite? Projection being another operative word here too!:rofl:

That’s your big response? A typo.

The former Vice President and leading candidate for the Democrat nomination sells his office through his son then engineers the firing of a prosecutor to protect the corruption but what’s important is a typo. :roll_eyes:

If I am a tin foil hat conspiracist then it ought to be trivial to debunk my assertions. But wait, Polifact didn’t spoon feed you that. Challenging the talking points is forbidden.

Yeah, quite s number of whom have been weeded out for corruption already…

1 Like

Let’s see if Adam Schiff agrees to testify on Monday. Can anyone spell hipocracy?

Well, let the games begin, because when the dirty laundry is put out to dry, a lot people are going to be looking really silly when it’s all said and done!

Republicans Request Hunter Biden, Whistleblower, DNC Consultant Testify in Impeachment Inquiry

1 Like