We found evidence of life on mars in the 1970s, former nasa scientist says

So why wait until now to tell us? Or has NASA only just remembered? :rofl: Ah well, it’s much cheaper to make up ‘news’ than to actually look for it. Yet more NASA click-bait for the easily-impressed among us. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

From your own article.

But Nasa’s experiments failed to find organic matter: the physical stuff of life itself, not just the indications of microbial respiration that the LR experiment discovered. That meant that Nasa concluded that the LR results came from a substance that was mimicking life but was not actually life itself.

No, life was not found.

So non-news then? But I bet it brought a lot of ‘clicks’ - I mean it brought yours?

“Nasa concluded that the LR results came from a substance that was mimicking life but was not actually life itself.”

Something that mimicked life? Oh puh-lease!

1 Like

We’ve now found that hydrocarbons are formed without organic activity, that’s new info in the last decade or so.

Thought for the day … .

In this age of fake news and alternative facts, people are far more more likely to believe a lie if they want it to be the truth.

They found water on Mars several times.
Just like they killed Bin Laden and al-Beghadadi several times.
I guess good news is worth repeating.

1 Like

Well fake news is? :sweat_smile:

We know there’s water on Mars, the only question is how much and if it is accessible in sufficient quantities to support a growing colonization project.

Even under the Sahara there’s plenty of water if you dig deep enough.

Screw Mars; I want to know if there’s intelligent life on Earth.

2 Likes

All known living cells have this composition to generate energy to survive.
How some people can believe this was the result of water eroding rocks to form a soup of elements that was struck by lightning to give it life, is beyond absurd.

We keep searching. …