Virginia Passes Bill to Give Electoral Votes to Popular Vote Winner

Sorry, but no matter how necessary something may be insisted to be unless it is necessary and proper it shouldn’t be happening in the federal government.

Well that was my point and it’s odd to me that some Americans don’t value the government regulation of industry for consumer protections. I guess some people don’t recognize human greed and the paramount nature of the almighty dollar.

Swing and a miss!

How about the real point that if those things were indeed so needful and necessary that convincing the people to Amend the Constitution to also make them proper should have been relatively easy.

Instead: Progressives don’t need no stinkin’Constitution … Arbitrary government is good enough for them!

I’ve heard this would need a number of conservative states to sign on to it in order to have any chance of being put into effect. Is that true?

“Making our state irrelevant, that’s the democratic way”.

Yep, it’s not going to pass muster with the SCOTUS.

The Dems are always manipulating something. In 2016 they manipulated delegates and " super delegates " so the correct person won.This year will be more of the same.
Giving the states electoral votes to the person that wins the national popular votes makes voters in Wyoming and the Dakotas maningless and makes them subjects of Liberal states voters and makes one person one vote meaningless. We will have an increase in people rising from the dead in Chicago to vote.Like Don King said Only in America.

What happens at the convention is going to be interesting.

If Bernie goes in the clear winner but can’t manage a majority on the first ballot the SD’s get to decide who gets it.

What they do then will be based on whether the party leadership believes more harm will be done to the long term as Bernie’s gang revolts or in letting Bernie drive the party so far off the left cliff they may not be able to win another presidential election without moving far back towards the center.

If NY, CA, and one other high population state sign on they could conceivably control every presidential election in the future providing it stood up in court which I highly doubt.

This move unquestionably disenfranchises the voters of every state in which it passes by denying them the representation they voted for.

1 Like

Nothing is accomplished easily in the new polarized America…:man_shrugging: