Two Americas - Have You Had Enough?

Also San Francisco, where SnapCrap exists and bums inject themselves right out in the open.

Social retardation?

Is that what you call not wanting any of your mindless progressive shit?

Or wanting a government under the Constitution rather than government with Arbitrary power in all circumstances whatsoever?

2 Likes

Ahemā€¦ @GGG ? ā€¦waiting.

This thread has earned the ā€œBest Bait of the Monthā€ achievement. Here is a commemorating stamp from yours truly.

-@supperhey

2 Likes

We still need to come down on the right side of this and call their bluff.

Fuqqem.

They wanted it this way and let them suffer the economic consequences as states which receive the benefits of the donor states and canā€™t even provide for their neighbors without bitching about government infringement upon their rights while demanding their disability checks.

Iā€™m in NY and now my state and local taxes are no longer deductible after the Reagan tax cuts shifted the burden to the states and Trump is giving trillions to the already wealthy to buy back their own stock and not create a single job out of it.

They may be too stupid in the red states to understand that we are subsidizing their lifestyle and their denial of decent salaries for education may be a popular decision but I think that the camelā€™s back has been broken this time around and Iā€™m damned tired of their ignorance.

Itā€™s time to put up or shut up.

1 Like

Gerrymander it.

Same thing across the nation.

We donā€™t need to toss out all the red states.
Just the ones in the South which are dragging us down.

Weā€™ve got plenty of room up here in the North for all of our friends down there and the climate in NY will be exactly the same in twenty years as South Carolina, so move now.

Get away from the Christian Dominionists and the loony Right who think that FOX and Sinclair are the source for information.

Iā€™m only half kidding here.

1 Like

San Bernardino County size is roughly equivalent to the state of West Virginia, the largest county in the USA. And WV has 2 senators. Just sayinā€™.

I donā€™t know what gerrymandering can be done here, short of literally breaking up the county into maybe 2-3 parts. The part around Joshua Tree, contiguous to Riverside County/ Palm Springs maybe might turn blue. Not sure about the rest. It seems highly unlikely that it would happen without a huge struggle.

A fellow in a MAGA hat came in to the local community center in our unincorporated area the other day to inquire about the USDA food distribution that happens once a month here. On his way out the door, he said ā€œsome folks around here donā€™t like me, because I am a Trump supporter.ā€ We made noises about how ā€˜all are welcome.ā€™

For the USDA food distribution, one does have to fill out a form, but you self-certify, no paperwork required. The median income out here is $16,000/yr. Just sayinā€™. Thatā€™s the median.

There is no political test for who can receive a food box. Volunteers make up the boxes the day before, divvying up whatever is received from the big USDA truck that pulls up to the community center into about 120 boxes.

Without this support, this community would be a lot worse off. A mobile medical unit just started showing up, the word needs to get out. This is a new service that has taken over a year of organizing to have happen.

These things happen out here with one paid person from the county, and a whole bunch of volunteers - an effort to bring food and services to the elderly, the marginalized and the dispossessed. SB County thinks itā€™s all meth labs and criminals out here. They closed the fire station over 2 years ago. Itā€™s a long history of cutting this area loose from any level of service.

In my mind, it is this support, that changes hearts and minds of the residents, happening only through the efforts of a small local force in spite of opposition from the county.

1 Like

I live in NY tooā€¦upstateā€¦ and above the limit of state tax that I can deduct from federal income tax. Why should the feds lose money just so NYC can pay more to derelicts and illegals?

Iā€™m surprised that someone who is ashamed to say what value they bring to society even pays that much state tax. You must live in the city. You voted for lib politicians so enjoy your fucking high taxes.

You talking this? Itā€™s a feature not an unintended consequence.

11 Million Taxpayers Losing $323 Billion In Deductions In Trump Tax Hit

And now thisā€¦

U.S. President Donald Trump said on Saturday he would soon sign an executive order requiring American universities and colleges to maintain ā€œfree speechā€ on campuses and threatened that schools not complying could lose federal research funds.

Trump threatens to take $30 billion from U.S. colleges ā€” if they donā€™t pamper young conservatives

Only twenty months to the next election. Time has come today for getting out the vote. And baseball bats if needed.

That was an angry negro tactic when Obama was running.

I donā€™t think it will work this time. But now your avatar makes sense.

1 Like

Thereā€™s actually no delegated power for the federal to be funding education among the several States so thatā€™s nothing compared to what I would do.

Oh @GGG eeeeeeeee?
What do bring to the table that is of value?

That was an incredibly racist statement. Iā€™m not surprised though, Iā€™ve been on these discussion boards for years.

My statement was in jest, we all know that the only group interested in voter suppression is the GOP.

Irony alertā€¦

1 Like

Oh the left is trying to change our countryā€¦but itā€™s our fault because we donā€™t want to go along with your big goverment authoritarianism?

Talk about refusing to accept any responsibility for your faulty logic.

3 Likes

then leaveā€¦I wonā€™t stop you. And no one that I know wll either.

2 Likes

Ummm. What is racist? Calling negros angry?

2 Likes

Arrgggg. How AWFUL that you all voted for state taxes (or voted via apathy) and now have to reap what youā€™ve sown.

So what? What does that have to do with you living in a liberal state and voting for higher taxes?

Sure. Hence the net migration to red states.

Right? Maybe you should give less consideration to social justice programs and more consideration to your communities and the actual Americans that reside within them. Ya knowā€¦ put your fellow Americans and your communities first?

2 Likes

Yes, it is.

No worries. We arenā€™t upset with people like you. We completely understand that you really donā€™t care about a trickle down economy but would rather be at the top of a trickle up economy.

Gee wasnā€™t Critical Thinker just saying that:

Golly, conversations are great, hoping for the extermination of half the country- not so much.

Side note to sooner - the military is not made up of leftist LGWTF loony tunes, and would not side with you in a revolution.

1 Like