Trump social/dwac

New era of factious social media: TRUTH Social, Rogan joins Gettr

Jan. 07, 2022 6:04 AM ETTwitter, Inc. (TWTR), FB, DWACNFLX, DISBy: Yoel Minkoff, SA News Editor50 Comments

hapabapa/iStock Editorial via Getty Images

• If the first anniversary of the Jan. 6 Capitol attack wasn’t divided enough, the disarray is shifting online again, just as it did in January 2021. Partisan politics are not only taking place in Congress, but are increasingly enveloping Corporate America, as well as how citizens work, operate and interact on social media. The latest development can be seen with the launch date of TRUTH Social, which has been listed in Apple’s app store with an expected launch date of Feb. 21 (the date coincides with Presidents’ Day).
  • He said, she said: Former President Donald Trump announced the social network back in October, which would be merged with SPAC Digital World Acquisition (NASDAQ:DWAC). Just like it did in October, the latest launch announcement sent shares of DWAC flying, with the SPAC soaring nearly 20% on Thursday to close at $60. Trump is marketing the platform as an alternative to social media giants Twitter (NYSE:TWTR) and Facebook (NASDAQ:FB), both of which banned him on the grounds of inciting the U.S. Capitol riot on Jan. 6.
  • “I created TRUTH Social and video-on-demand service (TMTG+) to stand up to the tyranny of Big Tech,” Trump said at the time. “We live in a world where the Taliban has a huge presence on Twitter, yet your favorite American President has been silenced. This is unacceptable. Trump Media & Technology Group’s mission is to create a rival to the liberal media consortium and fight back against the ‘Big Tech’ companies of Silicon Valley, which have used their unilateral power to silence opposing voices in America.”
3 Likes

God I like getter but it’s so similar to other conservative social media. Then we have truth coming out, just so may options. We need one good social media. I hope it’s Truth

Please feel free to tip me for my knowledge

Trump has been able to monetize property and merchandise in the past. Will he be able to build Trump Social into a competing platform? Potentially this has the makings of a game changing power shift.
Can he get millions of those who voted for him to participate in this free speech venue?

1 Like

Getter, Parler, gab, truth all the same… I hope two merge.

• "How many Twitter followers Donald Trump had? Trump’s Twitter account had over 77 million followers
  • How many mentions did Trump receive in Twitter? He used to get 10,000 mentions in 20 minutes."
2 Likes

I am keeping a close eye on this, because I am a strong advocate and believer that the free market needs to correct the Zuckerbergs and the Twatters of the world with a serious reckoning. When one looks very deep which I did, then you start to realize how much damage Zuckerberg did in the 2020 election and yet no one challenged him on it. I am not sure what is worse, however I digress because this is about Trump Social media new joint venture and whether or not it will succeed. I would like to think as a result of the 2020 fiasco that there are sometimes downstream consequences that forms in a tidal wave and I certainly hope that this is one of them. Usually however the less attention and spread out over time is when to catch most by surprise and this is how this is rolling out.

2 Likes

I am eager to see the drop in tweets when Trump opens up his site. Pretty sure those numbers will never be released. Remember how Trump played the media when he had his “you’re fired” top rated The Apprentice show.

3 Likes

I have always enjoyed Mark Dice’s commentary when it comes to social media, and in this short video he pretty much hits it on the head. “Gab” has been around for 5 years so why hasn’t Republicans and conservatives alike promoted it? Hmm? Curious question!

1 Like

Latest Trump Social quote.

DWAC
7.89 (+14.11%)
4:00 PM 01/11/22

1 Like

Latest Trump Social quote

DWAC
10.50 (+14.81%)
10:51 AM 01/18/22

Gotta get over hurdles first….

Yeah we know who is behind this dumb ass!

1 Like

TrumpSocial closing price again surges.

15.43 (+21.77%)
4:00 PM 01/18/22

DOW JONES closing price
-543.34 (-1.51%)
4:56 PM 01/18/22

1 Like

Nevertheless, like everything else related to trump, it remains under investigation….:joy:

The boogieman is coming to get you! One thing you can count on in all your cancer!

1 Like

The Launch of Trump’s Truth Social Network

In June 2021, Facebook suspended Donald Trump’s FB account for 2 years citing “his praise for violence” as the main reason behind the ban.

While Meta decided to take a short-term action against Donald Trump, Trump responded by “going his own way” and planned the launch of a 100% free speech social network as a direct competitor to Facebook.

Trump took the SPAC route to go public and caused a massive frenzy in share price for Digital World Acquisition Corp (DWAC), which soared from $10 to as high as $175 during the peak.

Chart

Data by YCharts

Former U.S. President Donald Trump is a polarizing figure who commands a ridiculous amount of attention throughout worldwide media outlets.

Prior to Trump’s industry-wide social media ostracism, Trump had over 146 million followers across Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

Truth Social Investor Presentation

Truth Social Investor Presentation (Truth Social)

Truth Social will launch in the Apple iOS store by the end of Q1 2022 and I expect millions of users to defect from Facebook to Truth Social for several key reasons:

• Facebook’s search feature makes it impossible to find users and you’ll find the search results riddled with duplicate accounts, fake accounts, and spam accounts.
  • Getting locked out of your Facebook account is a huge problem and I’ve personally lost several FB accounts over the years. If you lose access to your cell phone number, then kiss your Facebook account goodbye.
  • Facebook’s decision to ban Donald Trump upset his core audience who rely on his antics for daily entertainment, wisdom, and motivation. Once Truth Social launches, I * expect many of these same Facebook users to flee and never return.
  • Millions of conservative voters lack a safe space to be themselves and speak their minds freely. Truth Social solves this problem.

According to Truth Social’s Investor Presentation, the company expects to hit 16 million users in 2022 during the initial launch.

Truth Social projects a 50% CAGR in users to peak at around 81 million by 2026.

Added competition for eyeballs is the last thing Meta needs at the moment and Truth Social could cause 100+ million users to defect in the United States alone over the next few years.

If Truth Social is a massive success, then Meta could lose hundreds of millions of users globally as conservative and right-wing voters choose Truth Social over Facebook.

Donald Trump’s Response to the Decline in Facebook Usage

According to Insider, Trump made a direct response to the drop in Facebook daily active users and suggested millions of people are eagerly awaiting Truth social.

This means people are tired of Fake News and abuse and especially tired of their political shenanigans. (Source: Insider)

“It could also be that people are waiting for TRUTH — the highly sophisticated platform that we look forward to opening in the not too distant future. Time to straighten out what is happening in our Country!” (Source: Insider)

Truth Social is a direct competitor to Facebook and will compete for Facebook’s older core audience.

Meanwhile, the younger generation continues flocking to TikTok over Instagram.

It’s hard to tell whether Truth Social will be a success, but I wouldn’t bet against Trump’s passionate following.

Article taken from Seeking Alpha.

2 Likes

Trump’s TRUTH Social platform hits Apple’s App Store

Feb. 21, 2022 3:31 AM ETDigital World Acquisition Corp. (DWAC)GOOG, GOOGL, TWTR, FB, CFVIBy: Yoel Minkoff, SA News Editor81 Comments

Brandon Bell/Getty Images News

TRUTH Social, a new social media venture from former President Donald Trump, officially launched late Sunday in Apple’s App Store. While some users reported having trouble registering for an account or were added to a waitlist, for others that pre-ordered the app, it was automatically downloaded to their Apple devices. Trump is marketing the platform as an alternative to social media giants Twitter (NYSE:TWTR), Facebook (NASDAQ:FB) and YouTube (GOOG, GOOGL), which banned him on the grounds of inciting the U.S. Capitol riot on Jan. 6, 2021.

Quote: “Our goal is, I think we’re going to hit it, I think by the by the end of March we’re going to be fully operational at least within the United States,” said former Republican U.S. Representative Devin Nunes, who is CEO of the Trump Media & Technology Group (TMTG).

While it’s unclear how the company is currently being funded, TMTG is planning to list in New York through a merger with SPAC Digital World Acquisition Corp. (NASDAQ:DWAC). Following the deal, it will receive $293M in cash that DWAC holds in a trust, minus any shareholder redemptions. In December, TMTG also raised $1B of committed financing from private investors, which will be available once the DWAC transaction closes.

Outlook: Hoping to attract users who feel their views are being censored on “mainstream media,” an increasing number of tech companies have recently launched alternative platforms that champion themselves as defenders of free speech. Among them are Twitter competitors Parler and Gettr (launched by former Trump spokesperson Jason Miller), as well as video site Rumble (NASDAQ:CFVI). So far, the platforms have not yet matched the popularity of their established counterparts, and many influencers that have migrated to them still continue to post on traditional social media like Instagram and Twitter.

As part of a partnership inked in December, Rumble will deliver video and streaming for TRUTH Social.

I tried to search for something on rumble… 0

You tube had thousands of options…

Rumble needs to work harder.

Looking forward to the DWAC stock after Truth Social launched today (on apple)

What a "Coincidence "!!! You would never investigate Queen Hillary I.