Trump says he will NOT declare Mexican cartels terrorists

I guess when EL Presidente Constitucional de los Estados Unidos Mexicanos says Jump, Drumpf says How High?

US President Donald Trump said he will hold off on designating Mexican drug cartels as terrorists at the request of the country’s president, Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador, adding that they will “deal decisively” with them together.

Calling Lopez Obrador, known as AMLO, “a man who I like and respect, and has worked so well with us,” Trump said that he will “temporarily” hold off on the terrorist designation despite all the necessary work already being completed.

There are obviously subtler diplomatic and political reasons for this.

Trump always weighs in with a big bad deal, and then re-negotiates.

He’d have been watching what heat the Mexican govt was taking from who in response to this gambit with interest.

There’s no way this is boomercucking. It is obviously strategic.

Don’t worry everyone. Trump’s going to keep a close watch on this. Plus, AMLO asked nicely.

Yeah I was going to say the same thing, as there is something bigger at play here.

Trump has a way of getting cooperation from countries leaders.Mexicos President had to know what the alternative was. He should declare an all out war against the cartels regardless of the cost and those that cooperate with them even if it means declaring Martial Law. They can’t be allowed to control the country.
The U.S. should cooperate as much as possible to help Mexico fight the cartels.

When I see Trump do things like this I do initially get ticked off, but then I’m usually pleasantly surprised once I see the big picture play out. Trust the plan.

Remember the USMC is at the heart of it all! There are only a few legislative days left to ratify this deal, so it will be interesting if Pelosi punts or not!

1 Like

I think you’re right. There has got to be a trade deal angle to all of this.

I promise you he doesn’t have the support amongst his most valued supporters in Congress to do so…

Where??? Here???