Trump says he’ll sign executive order for free speech on college campuses

An EO isn’t a law.

How? Name a single college that teaches liberal values? What would that be anyway? I went to college and never had a single professor express his or her political views as a method to indoctrinate their students.

There is no correlation. You can just as well say that more educated people tend to be more liberal regardless of where they are taught.

Anecdotal evidences are “facts”.

Funny. Have you heard of “liberal art colleges”? Im sure those are all spouting hardcore conservative values for sure. Were you born yesterday, or just making up things as you go?

Whoops, I guess im taking the bait hard here.

5bc

Why not? Does federal funding carry a requirement that you act as if you are a federal government institution?

When Amazon recieved federal funding to build out a cloud data center for the CIA… was amazon then required to be labeled as a government entity and thus could not infringe on people’s ability to post reviews on Amazon.com product pages?

Moreover, it is a shame that lack of respect and disruption is condoned and applauded as a way of suppressing freedom of speech.

1 Like

Link please. There is a different between a governmental contract, tax-break to build a centers, and completely no-string-attached governmental funding, so please dont conflate them to prove your flimsy points, that is quite intellectually dishonest.

True. I didn’t state my position as a fact. I asked for evidence that supports that assertion.

What are you getting at here? Just because the word liberal exists in a name does mean that someone involved in liberal arts college is receiving liberal indoctrination. At least not in the political sense.

But let’s assume “liberal arts” means what you think it does. If there is a liberal arts college… couldn’t conservatives just choose not to attend that college? What about liberal arts programs in a public university. Couldnt a student choose not to major in liberal arts?

You still have explained how colleges (the professors) indoctrinate kids with “liberal values”

Sounds like and sounds like you are taking offense.

Gosh, almost resonates and makes you in agreement with the OP, doesn’t it? Sounds like, examples of, and yet… while it is there, clear as day ya just can’t seem to grasp it can you.

1 Like

Regulatory law. Different than statutory law. Different than case law.

Coach Joe Kennedy. Is a public school an extension of congress?

I wish you would just provide a straight answer… this speech pattern is confusing.

You still haven’t provided why you think the basis of the EO is sound. That basising being that an EO needs to be in place because the “hard left” is violationing the first amendment by denying some conservatives from speaking on campus.

Trump’s EO will be challenged. The challenge will either fail or will succeed and also have the unintended consequence of taking down all the case law that says any association with any level of government is equivalent to being an extension of Congress. Conservatives win either case. Thank you Mr Trump!

SCOTUS believed so. several times in fact.

Does the acceptance of government funds carry with it a requirement for the receiver of said funds to act as an extension of the government?

Exactly dude… even though you lied before and said no.

Well that’s a Grand Canyon like leap…

The Coach and this impeding case are not the same.

No more confusing than is the OP or reason for the Executive Order.

I didn’t lie… this is the way you framed the original comment

I said this wasn’t true… he wasn’t guilty of establishing a religion. He got fired for violating school policy. Then we he sought a challenge they mentioned the fact that he was considered a clocked in government employee when he prayed and that would also be an issue.

SCOTUS has agreed that this particular case was in violation of a certain part of 1A.

How does that decision support what Trump is doing with the EO?

From your link

We are pleased to announce the new AWS Secret Region. The AWS Secret Region can operate workloads up to the Secret U.S. security classification level. The AWS Secret Region is readily available to the U.S. Intelligence Community (IC) through the IC’s Commercial Cloud Services (C2S) contract with AWS. The AWS Secret Region also will be available to non-IC U.S. Government customers with appropriate Secret-level network access and their own contract vehicles for use of the AWS Secret Region. These contract vehicles will not be part of the IC’s C2S contract.

With the launch of this new Secret Region, AWS becomes the first and only commercial cloud provider to offer regions to serve government workloads across the full range of data classifications, including Unclassified, Sensitive, Secret, and Top Secret. By using the cloud, the U.S. Government is better able to deliver necessary information and data to mission stakeholders.

Like I said, the government is a customers, not a subsidizer. I thought you went to college, still cant tell the difference?

Do you believe that denying any speaker from speaking on a university campus is denying that persons free speech?

A distinction without a difference…

Trump said in his explanation… NO GOVERNMENT FUNDS…

Which would include research grants… guess who the customer is for outcomes of research grants?