Trump Officially Nominates Heather Nauert As UN Ambassador

Jeez how can one looks so good in her late 40s (inb4 makeups) :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

President Donald Trump announced Friday his official plan to nominate State Department spokesperson Heather Nauert to be the new U.S. ambassador to the United Nations.

Nauert, if confirmed by the Senate, will replace Nikki Haley, who announced in October sheā€™d be resigning from the position.

Trump said Friday morning that Nauert, a former Fox News anchor, is ā€œvery talented, very smart, very quick.ā€

ā€œI think sheā€™s going to be respected by all,ā€ the president told reporters at the White House before departing for Kansas City, Missouri.

Nauert has been serving as the spokeswoman for the State Department since April 2017 but may face a tough Senate confirmation given her relatively little foreign policy experience, which Democrats will be sure to highlight.

A few U.S. officials, including Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, chief of staff John Kelly and national security adviser John Bolton have reportedly expressed an interest in downgrading the ambassadorship from a Cabinet-level position.

Trump also announced Friday morning that heā€™d be nominating former Attorney General William Barr to replace Jeff Sessions at the Department of Justice.

ā€œHe was my first choice from day one ā€¦ respected by Republicans and respected by Democrats. He will be nominated for the United States attorney general and hopefully that process will go very quickly. And I think it will go very quickly,ā€ the president said of Barr, who served this role under former President George H.W. Bush from 1991 to 1993.

https://dailycaller.com/2018/12/07/trump-un-ambassador-pick/

2 Likes

I have always really liked Nauert but honestly Iā€™m not sure sheā€™s qualified for this job. Sheā€™s got zero experience as far as I know with diplomacy and his is a very important position.

Admittedly I was skeptical of Haley when she was appointed as well but I think she did a great job throughout the duration other term.

Democrats are going to try to destroy her in the hearings and thatā€™s just sad.

Definitely glad to see Trump has gone ahead with formally apppionting a new candidate for AG. With all the problems we have in the FBI and at Justice in General we need someone totally untainted by the ā€œRussian Collusionā€ investigation permanently at the helm.

Sessions was pretty much a gutless Eunuch throughout his term which prevented him from ordering and accelerating very much needed investigations of Hillary, the DNC, the Clinton Foundation, and the unethical/illegal behaviors of many of those involved in the dreaded ā€œRussian Collusionā€ investigation.

Mommy Ambassador! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Oh yeah - liking me some Nauert. Always has been a favorite of mine.

Sure sheā€™s hot, but in no way qualified to represent the United States at the UN. Sheā€™s basically a typical Fox News bimbo in a short skirt (not that Iā€™m complaining).

Read her bio and resumeā€™. Sheā€™s spent a fair bit of time at the DOS so at least sheā€™s got some background. Hailey had none when she was appointed and ended up doing a great job.

Unlike the other ambassadorships the ambassador to the UN really just serves as a mouthpiece for the administration and as an attack dog to address actions by our enemies.

She might actually be up for the job.

There are plenty of career members of the Foreign Service who have spent their lives as practitioners of diplomacy representing the US. Nauert is a rookie. Not ambassador material.

True (she had never been a diplomat). She at least had been a long-serving elected governor of South Carolina and had international experience from brokering partnerships with other countries that would benefit her state.

I like being surprised.

Being a chief exec has nothing to do with diplomacy and states are forbidden under federal law to negotiate special deals with other nations.

I like the job Hailey did at the UN but she was even less qualified for the job than Nauert. At least Nauert actually has some experience at DOS.

Also, as Iā€™ve pointed out this job is far different from being the ambassador to another country, itā€™s basically a job whereby the appointee is a mouthpiece for the govā€™t and our attack dog.

And being an anchor for Fox News does? :ok_hand:

I didnā€™t say special deals. I specifically said international partnerships - which plenty of governors do.

Those are just two examples. There are thousands of others. You can search for them at your leisure.

Yes - you stated your opinion.

Heather Nauert is a Fox News bimbo. She is not:

• Henry Cabot Lodge Jr
  • Adlai Stevenson
  • George H.W. Bush
  • Tom Pickering
  • Jon Bolton

You may not like the political views of any and all of the above but no one can say that these individuals werenā€™t well qualified.

I donā€™t even like the UN - but I do like putting our greatest minds front and center. Heather Nauert isnā€™t a part of that club.

Sheā€™s got a nice rack tho.

Some have been railing on the same points about president Trump. That aside, the UN is not much of an organization anyway.

Agreed - the difference is we elected Trump. I want Trump to send an intellectual heavyweight to the UN to run circles around the pompous and self-important assholes that make up the UN and prove definitively that it is a worthless and powerless institution - to their faces.

Is there any consequence from having a bad UN ambassador? The best UN ambass. is Trump himself, but one can only dream.

As a body the UN is worthless.

As a building that houses the representatives of every leader on Earth - it is invaluable for back channel politicking and deal making.

We donā€™t need someone there who has to call and ask permission over every little thing. We need someone who knows how to politic and is comfortable making decisions that obligate the US.

The position is a pretty boring job, and will no doubt play to her talents! The UN just needs to be disbanded altogether!

And again, in those meetings they are not negotiating with governments they are trying to bring businesses to their states.

A for your list, again, the only real job of our Ambassador to the UN is to be the administrationā€™s pit bull and regurgitate administration talking points. It is completely unlike any other ambassadorship.

Nauertā€™s resumeā€™ goes far beyond Foxnews.

Iā€™m not sure sheā€™s the right person for the job but to pretend sheā€™s a completely unqualified bimbo is just wrong on every level.

We elected Trump to exercise his judgement as he sees fit and to buck the establishment. I like Bolton but Iā€™m not even sure heā€™d take the job if it were offered.

It definitely needs to be moved off of US soil to a neutral location. Perhaps a man made Island in the middle of the Pacific or Atlantic would be more appropriate.