Trump Just Screwed Us Again - TPS Decision Reversal

Trump Admin Renews Amnesty For Over 300,000 Foreign Nationals

The Trump administration will be extending the Temporary Protected Status (TPS) for more than 300,000 foreign nationals, in a sharp immigration policy reversal from last year’s decision by President Trump decision to eliminate TPS amnesty.

The Thursday announcement by Department of Homeland Security (DHS) secretary Kirstjen Nielsen not only puts the Trump administration in compliance with a preliminary injunction on the initial decision to cancel the TPS program, but goes further by covering hundreds of thousands of nationals from Sudan, Haiti, Nicaragua and El Salvador through January 2020.

Sundanese and Nicaraguan nationals have been living in the country on extended TPS since 1997 and 1998 respectively, while El Salvadorians have been covered by TPS since approximately 2001. Haitians have had TPS since 2010 or so.

In February, Pew Research noted that nearly 2/3 of the 300,000 or so immigrants - roughly 195,000 people, are from El Salvador. 50,000 are from Haiti, and the rest are from Sudan and Nicaragua.

TPS was created under the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1990 (INA) introduced by the late Sen. Ted Kennedy (D-MA) and signed into law by President George H.W. Bush. It has acted as a sort of quasi-amnesty used by foreign nationals who would otherwise be in the country illegally, and shields individuals from deportation back to countries which have suffered through war, famine or natural disasters.

The program, which was originally set to expire in July 1992, has been renewed by every administration since.

DHS will announce whether they will also renew the status of other foreign nationals covered under TPS set to expire in 2020, including people from Honduras, Yemen and Somalia.

http://archive.is/wbVir

4 Likes

Ronald Reagan’s legacy is that he killed California.

If Donald Trump caves on amnesty, his legacy will be that he killed America.

4 Likes

“Trust the plan” is no longer part of the equation for me. What is this guy doing with immigration? TPS were the easiest scumbags to kick out, we know who they are and where they are because we are financially carrying their lazy asses while they work off the books, sending money back home.

2 Likes

I’m worried that this is how they quietly roll out DACA amnesty…by doing something just like this.

There is an estimated 3.6 million illegal aliens protected under the DACA program. That is more people than the population of 23 different US states.

Granting amnesty to these people is granting every future election to the Democrats.

2 Likes

Do we still think Trump isn’t part of the Establishment? Or is he just another useful idiot?

2 Likes

It’s like all of a sudden he just gave up and gave in. It’s strange.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Well I’m thinking either they got to him or this was part of the plan all along and we were collectively hoodwinked once again into thinking we still have a choice. Looks like our owners are laughing all the way to the bank. Again.

Given that we already have substantial proof that the 2016 election was rigged so that our “choices” ended up being either Trump (former friend, donor, and ally of the Clintons) or Hillary Clinton, I’m heavily leaning towards the latter.

1 Like

It’s dumb to see Trump as some kind of puppet. Everytime time he makes a decision that is not in line with some thinking, Kushner made him do this, Ivanka made him do this or the old rabbis made him do this. Come on. He knows what he is doing and he is doing it himself. Stop imagining that he is some oppressed hero.

1 Like

At this point, in my mind, Trump has become (((Trump))). He is the servant of a foreign power whose “MAGA” slogan is just deceptive, nothing else.

1 Like

So wait…no wall, still in Syria, no prosecution/jail time, no border control, that man doesn’t even play golf, what does he do with all his time?

Maybe! But its still a a funny gif!

2 Likes

Imagine the 3.6 million getting amnesty then apply for citizenship.

If they are granted citizenship Mommy and daddy can apply for citizenship.

1 Like

Which is why I am waiting on the details of the China US trade agreement. I am highly skeptical! If he decides to make concessions to China on anything, he will lose my support! That to me is one the most important issue that will affect America’s future prosperity. This immigration issue, is multi-front war, and the only way I can rationalize this decision is that he wants to appease voters in the upcoming 2020 elections. Really! I can’t fathom any other reason for this decision.

1 Like

I wasn’t even considering that, but you’re right. That’s exactly what would happen. Soon anyone with a possible blood connection and some fraudulent paperwork will now be a dependent of a US citizen. We’re done.

1 Like

Which is why chain migration is an insane concept and desperately needs to be changed!

2 Likes

Over 300,000 children of illegal immigrants born in the United States every year, according to the Pew Hispanic Center. The latest number of illegals born in the USA is OVER 5,000,000 .They’re given instant citizenship because they are born on U.S. soil, which makes it easier for their parents to become U.S. citizens. That’s because those babies can eventually sponsor their parents - when they turn 21 years old…

11,200 anchor babies born every year just in Dallas alone !!! . According to the article, the hospital spent $70.7 million delivering 15,938 babies in 2004

How did anyone see Trump as anti-establishment? Because he said he was?

Anyone appeased by this decision will never vote for trump.