Too Much MSG: Democrat Rep. Ted Lieu Undergoes Heart Surgery Following Chest Pain

Rep. Ted Lieu (D-CA) underwent heart surgery following reports of chest pains, his chief of staff confirmed on Wednesday.

The California lawmaker and member of the House Judiciary Committee went to George Washington University Hospital on Monday after experiencing chest pain and was admitted thereafter.

While there were no signs that he experienced a heart attack, he underwent heart surgery on Tuesday after doctors discovered a partial blockage in one of his arteries. The stent surgery was successful. His chief of staff, Marc Cevasco, said Lieu should be returning to work next week.

“An electrocardiogram, ultrasound and two blood tests confirmed there was no heart attack and no heart damage. A CT scan showed partial blockage of an artery that was likely the cause of the symptoms,” Cevasco said in a statement.

“He is in good spirits and plans to be back at work next week,” he continued.

“He is now recovering and will likely be discharged from the hospital later today. Congressman Lieu is deeply grateful to all the dedicated professionals at the OAP and GW University Hospital,” his statement read, adding that the lawmaker plans to “watch a lot of TV as he recovers”

Lieu, a strong advocate for impeachment, will miss the House Judiciary Committee’s debate on the articles of impeachment scheduled for Wednesday evening.

The hearing follows Tuesday’s announcement, where House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), as well as notable committee chairs, announced two articles of impeachment against the president: abuse of power and obstruction of Congress.

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-CA) indicated that the Democrats’ efforts were based largely on stopping President Trump in 2020.

“The argument ‘Why don’t you just wait?’ comes down to this: Why don’t you just let him cheat in just one more election?” Schiff stated during Tuesday’s announcement. “Why not let him have foreign help one more time?”

The Democrat leaders refused to take questions following the momentous announcement.

4 Likes

His TDS might have triggered a heart attack. Couldn’t have happened to a nicer person.

1 Like

Except he didn’t have a heart attack and will be back on the job next week.

Great! Hopefully he rushes his recovery and drops on live TV that less than 1000 people will be watching :rofl:

1 Like

ROFL I saw that headline about yesterday too. Less than 1,000 people watched their little impeachment announcement on YouTube, meanwhile the Trump rally had close to 50,000 people watching.

1 Like

People busy at work. Had ten million watched you’d all claim they were welfare bums. That you guys will spin it anyway is a given.

That’s because they have overplayed their hand. No one besides a handful of people on the far left are taking this impeachment charade seriously. If Ted Lieu is going to be watching a lot of TV…he probably just wants to help drive up the ratings for his failing colleagues since no one is watching this crap.

Well that’s just false, the minority house members in both intelligence and judiciary committees have taken this very seriously and are beside themselves…

In good spirits my white ass; he’s scared shitless, he may blow a ventricle. I still wish him well. I want no harm to befall the slow witted. Always a chance they may have an epiphany, and see the light. The Lord works in mysterious ways.

That doesn’t represent America. The majority of Americans don’t care and correctly hate Congress anyway.

1 Like

That unrelenting brain gritting impeachment mantra, reminds me of Oklahoma. https://youtu.be/yGUNrHWZaVs?t=5 Except Steve Martin had more class than our Democrats.

Took me a second on that title :rofl:

You’ll note that a Democrat politician wasn’t slated for brain surgery.