Thoughts on the National Museum of African American History and Culture

Are you going to go see it?

I’m not. I’m not interested at all.

Nor am I interested in perpetuating and feeding the victimhood of generations past onto today.

I hope the Museum emphasizes that. Because it is true.

Will they?

I highly doubt it.

1 Like

I’ll likely take an internet tour at some point just to see what it is.

Despite the politics of the left, particularly the majority of Black Americans I don’t want to hide from or ignore the history.

The problems we have with blacks today were not created by the blacks themselves, they were created by the democrats who carefully manipulate them and have for fifty years now successfully convinced the majority that they were victims of the oppressive white male and that without the “help” and protection of the Federal Gov’t they can’t succeed in life.

Fortunately as more of them claw their way out of the ghetto and into the middle class, more and more of them are waking up to reality.

Prior to the WOP there was nothing stronger in this country than “The Black Family”. The welfare state destroyed the black family by intent to make them a permanent dependent underclass.

If we’re ever going to pull this country back together we’ve got to create a conservative reawakening in the black community and reinforce it in the Hispanic community.

Otherwise by sheer force of numbers we are going to lose this country.

The longest battle is won one shot, and one step at a time and I’m in for the long haul because I think the “Ideal that is America” is worth it.

It isn’t true. There were a very few black slave owners but indeed that needs to be part of the education.

Neither do I. But heck. Isn’t that the current movement?

Sure this is true for a lot of them who can’t think their way past it. Many have, many more are catching on and kudos to them.

Probably the same who wouldn’t visit a “Museum” if it is designed to bring them down rather than build them up.

Do you think the “Museum” will emphasize that in today’s political climate. Cause that would be pretty damn controversial.

No, I’m sure the museum won’t emphasize that because traditionally they stick to science and history and avoid politicization.

I’ve been to The Smithsonian probably 25 times over the years as I was TDY there for a while and prior to that my uncle who worked for NIS and CIA lived just outside DC and we used to make one or two trips a year to DC to see them. I haven’t been back since the late 90’s so I cant’ speak to how much that might have changed since.

Until I see it though, I’m not going to assume anything has changed or that this exhibit is going to be anything but positive and informative.

Then you are a better and more optimistic person than I.

No, I just try not to let my own emotions and biases do my thinking for me. Remember I was raised in a family of scientists and engineers, my education is in science and I’ve always been fact and data driven in my thinking.

1 Like

Will there be a wing dedicated to Anglo American History and Culture??