Those who repeat the mantra of "Conspiracy theory!" are the real enemy!

Went 10 miles north of Cheyenne and watched the meteor shower. Perfect sky for watching. So dark you could see the milky way.

Last night you could hardly see the stars with the smoke pollution from the left coast.

Conspiracy theorists
AKA ‘conspiraloons’, ‘tinfoil hatters’, ‘loonspuds’, ‘fruit’n’nut jobs’ etc.

We hope this information will be of use if you encounter a conspiraloon while on the boards.

10 characteristics of conspiracy theorists
A useful guide by Donna Ferentes

1. Arrogance. They are always fact-seekers, questioners, people who are trying to discover the truth: sceptics are always “sheep”, patsies for Messrs Bush and Blair etc.

2. Relentlessness. They will always go on and on about a conspiracy no matter how little evidence they have to go on or how much of what they have is simply discredited. (Moreover, as per 1. above, even if you listen to them ninety-eight times, the ninety-ninth time, when you say “no thanks”, you’ll be called a “sheep” again.) Additionally, they have no capacity for precis whatsoever. They go on and on at enormous length.

3. Inability to answer questions. For people who loudly advertise their determination to the principle of questioning everything, they’re pretty poor at answering direct questions from sceptics about the claims that they make.

4. Fondness for certain stock phrases. These include Cicero’s “cui bono?” (of which it can be said that Cicero understood the importance of having evidence to back it up) and Conan Doyle’s “once we have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however unlikely, must be the truth”. What these phrases have in common is that they are attempts to absolve themselves from any responsibility to produce positive, hard evidence themselves: you simply “eliminate the impossible” (i.e. say the official account can’t stand scrutiny) which means that the wild allegation of your choice, based on “cui bono?” (which is always the government) is therefore the truth.

5. Inability to employ or understand Occam’s Razor. Aided by the principle in 4. above, conspiracy theorists never notice that the small inconsistencies in the accounts which they reject are dwarfed by the enormous, gaping holes in logic, likelihood and evidence in any alternative account.

6. Inability to tell good evidence from bad. Conspiracy theorists have no place for peer-review, for scientific knowledge, for the respectability of sources. The fact that a claim has been made by anybody, anywhere, is enough for them to reproduce it and demand that the questions it raises be answered, as if intellectual enquiry were a matter of responding to every rumour. While they do this, of course, they will claim to have “open minds” and abuse the sceptics for apparently lacking same.

7. Inability to withdraw. It’s a rare day indeed when a conspiracy theorist admits that a claim they have made has turned out to be without foundation, whether it be the overall claim itself or any of the evidence produced to support it. Moreover they have a liking (see 3. above) for the technique of avoiding discussion of their claims by “swamping” - piling on a whole lot more material rather than respond to the objections sceptics make to the previous lot.

8. Leaping to conclusions. Conspiracy theorists are very keen indeed to declare the “official” account totally discredited without having remotely enough cause so to do. Of course this enables them to wheel on the Conan Doyle quote as in 4. above. Small inconsistencies in the account of an event, small unanswered questions, small problems in timing of differences in procedure from previous events of the same kind are all more than adequate to declare the “official” account clearly and definitively discredited. It goes without saying that it is not necessary to prove that these inconsistencies are either relevant, or that they even definitely exist.

9. Using previous conspiracies as evidence to support their claims. This argument invokes scandals like the Birmingham Six, the Bologna station bombings, the Zinoviev letter and so on in order to try and demonstrate that their conspiracy theory should be accorded some weight (because it’s “happened before”.) They do not pause to reflect that the conspiracies they are touting are almost always far more unlikely and complicated than the real-life conspiracies with which they make comparison, or that the fact that something might potentially happen does not, in and of itself, make it anything other than extremely unlikely.

10. It’s always a conspiracy. And it is, isn’t it? No sooner has the body been discovered, the bomb gone off, than the same people are producing the same old stuff, demanding that there are questions which need to be answered, at the same unbearable length. Because the most important thing about these people is that they are people entirely lacking in discrimination. They cannot tell a good theory from a bad one, they cannot tell good evidence from bad evidence and they cannot tell a good source from a bad one. And for that reason, they always come up with the same answer when they ask the same question.

A person who always says the same thing, and says it over and over again is, of course, commonly considered to be, if not a monomaniac, then at very least, a bore.

1 Like

Cant remember spending much time in Cheyenne. I did however stopped in Ft. Collins many times, then headed strait west on I-80 until Salt Lake a few times too.

The-DIGI_2

After living in the burbs of Denver, Cheyenne is a breath of fresh air.

The only thing I can remember about Cheyenne is that it being flat, but of course I can’t say I had much of an impression of it just passing through maybe once in my life though.

East side of Cheyenne is flat and treeless. West Cheyenne is rolling hills.

Ok. That makes sense. Like I said I have not spent much time there. Property cheap?

Not even close. Ft Collins property is sky high so people from Ft Collins are migrating to Cheyenne as it was cheaper.

Not as expensive as the Denver metro area but price are rising.

Mike Adams’ conspiracy theory.
Look who will try to trash it.

What don’t you just offer to blow him if you love him so much?

More hot air from an airhead.

How old are you Digiturd? I am guessing around 75, 76, 77? I mean it might explain your lack of wit to resort to antiquated terms like “airhead” which hasn’t been used since the 80’s! You need some new material. Maybe consider getting out of your high rise apartment building and start experiencing life again instead of trying desperately to seek attention here!

A little earlier this evening, Thursday, Sept. 17, King’s Chef Diner put up its first Facebook post since March 29, when it had announced “In light of the current global pandemic brought on by COVID-19 and in compliance with the Government Mandate and it’s impact at a local level, thoughtful consideration has been made about the future of Kings Chef Diner. It comes with an incredibly heavy heart that we must announce we will be closing our doors.”

That post was unclear if that meant just temporarily or forever, so when a new photo appeared today of a Clean Plate Club sticker over a Tootsie Roll wrapper, excited comments started pouring in. But still, no response from King’s Chef as to what it meant.

So I called owner Gary Geiser, who was able to confirm that … wait for it … YES, King’s Chef is going to return very soon. He directed me to his PR person Joshua Steinfeld, who was only able to say “Yes, the Purple castle is reopening in the near future, details to come early to mid next week.”

This RNA virus exists in at least three varieties (east Asian version which hit China, Korean, Japan etc.), European and North American which has been the most virulent at first.

The virus, whatever the real origin, mutates often and is no longer a threat and yet people are made extremely fearful by the mainstream media and a bunch of presstitutes with much inflated numbers. In the meantime, small businesses and families suffer.

What for?

There is an agenda, a plan to destroy the middle class in civilized countries (Forget about banana republics which are useless anyway), well hidden from the eyes of the public.

And yet, if you research such an agenda, you are automatically branded a “conspiracy theorist.”

Addendum
The strategy of the virus is no different from the genes of other critters.
Compare tigers (who are endangered) and domestic cats (God knows how many cats exist throughout the world, a success story).

Be docile and spread its DNA among as many humans as possible. Therefore, we shouldn’t be surprised to hear that many of us already have antibodies without ever taking ill.

Justice Antonin Scalia was murdered and, against the Texas law, no autopsy was performed on his body.

Strange, strange…

And yet, researchers who look into these things are branded conspiracy theorist by the mainstream. Which side are you on?