The Rabbit Hole

Lol, Diane, I had my head into sport and gabbing on about sport, but yes, I see the connection!

Because she was in a hotel complex with lots of people about and should be safe! She heard footsteps, one, two, three, four, then he grabbed her. I’m sorry, but four steps is enough time to run and if he grabbed her, why didn’t she scream the place down? Surely he would have had to get close before making contact? If she wasn’t wearing appropriate shoes, then she shouldn’t have gone out alone, simple!

You know what, you would think that kids taught martial arts would be pretty much on the ball as to what to do in a dangerous situation? They do, but their most powerful weapon? Their voice. They need to scream and shout as much as they can and you need no training for that.

I do think that certain sports help develop an awareness. I used to play a lot of squash, three times a week for 12 years. In squash, you can’t wait till you see where the ball is going before you react; that would be too late. You have to pre-empt it and that means reading and interpreting all the cues.

1 Like

Sorry Jen, my mistake. I didn’t realize till much later that I posted a RH question in the Brexit thread. :roll_eyes:

https://youtu.be/TzFnYcIqj6I

1 Like

No worries Alex. He’s not a happy bunny though! :crazy_face:

:joy:

Amazing sight and sound.

https://youtu.be/b9sGOLc083o

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

Ah, yes! The venerable DC-3, aka C-47, aka Dakota…the workhorse of commercial/military aviation for DECADES!

1 Like

@asaratis and @LouMan, @DMK and I want to raise a toast to both of you for reasons known only to us. :joy::rofl::sweat_smile:

:clinking_glasses:

2 Likes

2 Likes

@Jen and @DMK,

I can’t speak for @LouMan, but since I don’t whether the honor is for something we did or something we didn’t do, I don’t know whether to pour it on or watch my step.

This may cause me mental anguish and result in permanent brain damage or early withdrawal. The former, I can stand. The latter is a horrifying thought. :joy:

Cheers to you ladies!
beer

It is both something you did and did not do.

I mentioned to Jen that both you and @LouMan were very kind and welcoming to me when I landed here which I very much appreciated.

Jen had very kind things to say about you both as well. We had a toast to you. Jen decided to let you know about that here in the RH. It is a good thing to let people know they are appreciated especially in this day and age where not enough of that goes around. :wink:

And, having said that, there are a lot of good people on this forum. Cheers to all of
the good eggs out there :tropical_drink:

1 Like

This is true…and some of them hardly ever post. :laughing:

I would have let you stew. :joy: If you were stood in front of me, you would get a big hug. Surely you should be able to figure out why?! :grin:

2 Likes

John McDonnell is one of the most dangerous characters out there. Firstly, everyone works 10 hours a week (how on earth would anything be paid for?!), then everyone gets paid the same for those 10 hours, then everyone works full time and gets paid the same. We will all wear the same clothes and eat the same foods. Those who vote Labour, is this honestly what they wish for or are they beyond stupid?

Climate change as the excuse? Even if there was validity to that argument, we are 0.5% of the world’s population FFS.

Sounds like the same bat-poop crazy thinking that is infecting the democrats over on this side of the pond.

The most amazing thing is there are people who will buy into it hook, line and sinker.

You have dangerous nutters like that? :astonished:

We do! :wink:

The “New Green Deal” plan, announced Thursday, calls for the United States to eliminate planes and internal combustion engines in ten years.

Ah yes, I recall that now. :roll_eyes: