The Rabbit Hole

I just seem to remember something abt being convicted of a crime where the sentence is more than a year would disqualify you from standing.

Possible mate, I’m not sure. I know Tommy hasn’t had 12 months of porridge and the crap they locked him up for was a joke. The mortgage fraud lark was essentially he put a lump of cash into a mate or relatives bank so they could get a (self cert ) ?mortgage or something very similar. I’m sure we all know someone who may have done something similar. Strange thing is it only became an issue when he started protesting about immigration and islam.

3 Likes

It didn’t seem to hold back Hitler.
If anything it did him a favour.

The answer is… (available in the links Stu posted, you lazy git ! )

Under the Representation of the People Act 1981, you are disqualified from becoming a member of the House of Commons if you have been found guilty of an offence and sentenced to more than one year in prison, and are currently detained as a result of that offence.

Once you are released from prison, you are not prevented from standing for election as an MP.

Technically, you are also able to stand for election while you are in prison, so long as the sentence is one year or less.

I put £5k into one of my sons’ bank accounts so that he could get a mortgage…
Do you think I should run for office or cover?

Just be careful out there.

I’d have put money on @Magog before @verv . By the way not for being an asshole but for persistence .

1 Like

Well if you decide to run for office and establish links with TR I’m sure it will come to light. :grin:

…and I just picked this up from The Tomb

Just letting you know, a mod on political bullpen banned me from the so called ‘free speech forum’. Tell the others in case they think I’m just being an arse and not responding.

I will go ahead and make @Jen’s thread public again so you can see why I banned him.

Here’s the link to the thread:

Context matters @Jen - no one here had any with regard to my decision on this.

Transparent aluminum. Dammit, Star Trek… lol

3 Likes

I have no problem with you suspending people who are determined to be ‘assholes’.

I have not followed much of Verv’s postings since he seemed to be mostly concerned with pedantic bickering with Magog.

I was merely relaying input which I received externally, and I was unaware of the issue you revealed.

:love_you_gesture:

What not to say to mods

2 Likes

…for Verv

1 Like

Yeah knew I had seen it somewhere

Me too - on the basis of how many ppl I seem to wind up :rofl:

2 Likes

I thought verv was a hot head. I ignored him on account of his insulting attacks on Magog and myself for not being stupid enough to believe that 3 huge skyscrapers fell demolition style, I say DEMOLITION STYLE, because of 2 planes.
He told the mod he could care less shows if you buy into the government’s official bullshit explanations on the 9/11 and almost anything the gov tells you, you might not be bright enough to know that if you disrespect a mod you get kicked off a forum.

2 Likes

Screenshot_3

4 Likes