The official house speaker dilemma, thread

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls we are in a deep dark area. We do not have enough votes for the next speaker. We won’t have enough committees to go after the Biden administration…

I am not a huge fan of Mccarthy. I actually despise him, but with a huge conservative committee behind them, it will force him to be more conservative, so I say vote yes for Mccarthy

I dislike official threads. Discuss the reasons why his party dislike him.

His attempt to garner votes:

118th Congress
House Rules Package
The proposed rules reflect the thoughtful input and numerous ideas put forward by Members of the House Republican
Conference to repair the damage done to the institution by Democrats, promote freedom, conduct needed oversight and
hold the Biden Administration accountable, usher in fiscal sanity, and ensure a House that works in the interests of and
for the American people.
The incoming Republican Majority’s rules will:
Reopen the People’s House
To shield her majority and protect her own power, former Speaker Nancy Pelosi used the coronavirus pandemic as an
excuse to keep the House in an “emergency” lockdown for years, subject to her own whims and will while doling out
partisan punishments.
To bring back long overdue normalcy to House operations, the proposed rules will:
• End the use of proxy voting and remote committee proceedings, ensuring that all Members actually show up in
person to fulfill the jobs they were elected and are expected to do, rather than phone it in.
• Eliminate the Democrat fines for failure of Members to comply with unscientific mask mandates and security
screenings before entering the House floor. Members should not face unnecessary disruptions as they carry out
their constitutional duties.
Restore Freedom and Security
An increasing threat to the freedom and security of the United States is the Chinese Communist Party (CCP). The
pandemic demonstrated the scope of destruction possible at the hands of the CCP, exacerbated by the attempt to
cover up the origins, and failure to warn the world about the deadly spread, of COVID-19.
To keep China at bay, the proposed rules will:
• Establish a Select Committee on the Strategic Competition Between the United States and the Chinese
Communist Party to finally confront the dangerous threat posed by the CCP, protect American competitiveness,
and defend human rights.
• Modify the charter of the Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Pandemic to focus its investigative work on
origin of the virus, gain-of-function research, and the economic and societal impacts of forced shutdowns.
@RulesReps
Hold Government Accountable
Between the Biden Administration’s disastrous Afghanistan withdrawal, unacceptable online censorship of political
opponents, fallout from the border crisis Democrats created and continue to ignore, spike in crime nationwide, and
several other alarming failures committed by the federal government, the American people deserve answers.
To ensure effective oversight, the proposed rules will:
• Require House committees to establish oversight plans detailing how they will hold the Biden Administration
accountable.
• Establish the Select Subcommittee on the Weaponization of the Federal Government to investigate the full extent of
the Biden Administration’s assault on the constitutional rights of American citizens.
• Restore the Holman Rule, allowing amendments to reduce the salary of specific federal employees or target a
specific program.
Ensure Fiscal Responsibility to Combat Inflation
Due to the irresponsible policies and out-of-control spending pushed by Democrats and the Biden Administration, the
American people are suffering from the worst inflation in 40 years as the nation’s $31.5 trillion debt continues to rise.
To force the federal government to get its fiscal house in order and put the brakes on runaway spending, the proposed
rules will:
• Reinstate the CUTGO rule, requiring mandatory spending increases to be offset by a corresponding cut in
mandatory spending and eliminating the budget gimmicks caused by Democrat PAYGO.
• Eliminate the Gephardt Rule, preventing the House from automatically suspending the debt limit upon passage of a
budget resolution.
• Restore the spending reduction account in all appropriations bills so that any reductions in spending are not simply
spent elsewhere.
• Require the Congressional Budget Office to provide analysis on the inflationary impact of legislation.
• Reimpose a three-fifths supermajority in the House to approve any increases in tax rates.
Build a Transparent and Effective House of Representatives
A closed and ineffective Congress is a disservice not only to the American people but to all Members of the House.
To help build a transparent and effective body, the proposed rules will:
• Mandate at least 72 hours after release of bill text before a final vote, giving all Members ample time to
read legislation before its consideration. Legislation should not be written behind closed doors by a few
and then rushed to the House floor without thoughtful consideration.
• Authorize the Speaker to reduce vote times to two minutes in the House to ensure efficient voting.
• Require the quick transfer of records from the January 6th Select Committee to the House Administration
Committee.
• Eliminate Democrats’ creation of House staff labor unions so that Congressional staff are accountable to the elected
officials they serve.
• Use “Calendar Wednesday,” which allows committee chairs to bring reported bills directly to the House floor
for consideration under an open amendment process, and reform the process by ensuring the same 72-hour
notice that is required on all other measures is provided.
• Ensure that nothing prevents Members from using gender-specific language in committee or n the house floor.

I think mccarthy should be tarred and feathered… but unfortunately is the best option… it’s almost impossible at this time to get someone new

1 Like

I think the Right needs to re-brand themselves as the “pro-civilization” side & leave the message of collapse & disintegration to the Left. I grant it’s a tough message for the Right because they’re not the dominant side.

I say, who cares? McCarthy is just the face of a GOP that will pretend to be fighting for principles until a fight breaks out. Then they’ll run for cover. 80% of the house GOP, and their senators maybe more, are just phonies who want an easier job than having to work as a lawyer or car salesman.

And they’re not the ultimate culprits in this - it’s us, the people who tolerate it and vote for it. Give the GOP the house, the senate with a filibuster-proof majority, and the presidency - and they’ll still do nothing. Too many of them have concluded that it’s futile to fight the corrupt system that we’ve built, and they’re probably correct. The system will crush anyone not considered tame enough.

1 Like

it’s a solid 14% of Republicans in the house that suck and are morally lazy. Remember each is represented by their constituents … maybe the Nebraska Republican sees America differently than I do. He doesn’t see America crumbling like I do… This is why we need a game changing Republican leader, that can show the urgency to all members.

They should look out side the members and go for someone like Charlie Kirk, or Alex Jones.

OK, I just saw one of these “defiant” refusedniks talk on TV. It’s all just a show, so a few people can pretend that they’re fighting the machine. McCarthy will be elected, and they’ll go back to their usual phony posturing. Let the hearings with no consequence begin!

1 Like

You don’t think this group of 30 or so Republican conservatives got some of the things they wanted that you could agree with is a positive thing for America?

Perhaps they are simply looking at lining their own pockets like their fellow democrats.

Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

John Acton

People are beyond naive and are blind to the fact that the House and the Senate are already hopelessly damaged. But that damage has been done in large part by the “leadership” which has set the rules and the processes by which all manner of unconstitutional legislation is routinely passed, including omnibus spending bills that no member has actually read. He represents business as usual.

1 Like

it doesn’t matter who has the House, Senate or White house… nothing will change… well, maybe slightly, but nothing of consequence. Trump was the last to make any difference at all, and he isn’t getting back in. It’s a new world…

1 Like

Trump is your next president. You will vote for him.

Kevin McCarthy is deep state, he is CIA owned. So frustrating we can’t get a honest man in this position

I’m also eager beaver, and I really want to see these committees getting formed so I can see Hunter Biden sweating his ass off

HUGE announcement coming today. Stay tuned

Here is the breaking news I promised

To some Republicans, the House’s inability to move after the starting gun fires is embarrassing. To at least 20 Republicans, being stuck in neutral is fine. A big question for every House Republican is, the people spoke and many worked hard for A GOP majority. Now that you’ve got one, what do you want to do with it?

Apparently, some of them can honestly answer, “Nothing.

Our country is fcuked but im glad republicans aren’t just going to elect a swamp creature

1 Like

I like the Republicans that wanna burn this motherfucker down. Let’s go to fucking war these guys don’t wanna die old. When Democrats are raping the fucking country people like Mccarthy, fucking us over

Give us a honorable death! Let me die fighting for what’s right

We could be seeing a new movement here

Sustaining and breaking news for you since 2009

Mccarthy fails for the fifth time

Mccarthy has to embraced the fail, admit his failure, admit the dirty side. Beg for our vote.

The left has 213 votes for their guy, do you really want a democrat as speaker of the house???