The Obituaries R.I.P

This thread is dedicated to remembering worthy people who have passed. Doesn’t necessary always mean celebrities or noteworthy figures, but could also mean someone that meant something to you and perhaps you want to share a story to celebrate their lives.

Martin Mull was a worthy person to remember, and certainly a underrated talented entertainer, who recently passed away at the age of 80.

1 Like

1 Like

I remember Martin Mull in the movie “Serial”. The 80’s was good times! You were too young Doc to remember.

1 Like

Will have to check that one out, now that you peaked my curiosity.

1 Like

Legendary Comedian Bob Newhart passes away at 94.

3 Likes

Lou Dobbs passes away at 78

This was rather surprising and quick. Just goes to show that any day can be our last. Lou was a fierce patriot and a Trump surrogate. His presence for conservative causes on the airwaves will be missed.

1 Like

I grew up watching “The Bob Newhart show.”
His passing signifies our carefree childhood and memories are quickly fading.

4 Likes

Donald Sutherland

Donald Sutherland

Donald Sutherland. Arnold Jerocki/Getty

Donald Sutherland, known for The Hunger Games and Ordinary People and more films and television roles, died at age 88 on June 20 in Miami after a long illness, CAA’s Missy Davy confirmed with PEOPLE.

1 Like

James Arness GUNSMOKE .

Television’s Greatest Western

3 Likes

That is a pretty profound point you make J.

I miss my dog Taco, a blue heeler

2 Likes

Phil Donahue, the progressive talk show host who just passed away, is seen here interviewing Donald Trump.

1 Like

I had an uncle when I was a teenager that I had to stay with one summer and he made me watch this guys show as a form of punishment for getting shitty grades. Yeah, I had to go to summer school and I remember it was torture.

1 Like

James Earl Jones

In Memory.

What comes to mind?

Both Matt Dillon and Sherlock Holmes are philosophers of sorts.

You got to have “depths,” you know. LOL

1 Like

Maggie Smith, known for her work in the Harry Potter series as Professor McGonagall has passed away at the age of 89.

Rest in Peace Maggie, you changed the lives of millions!

1 Like

One of the few people who spoke “Queen’s English” in the movie. LOL

Rubeus Hagrid - Wikipedia

I liked his accent, which I thought was Irish, but it was “West Country.”
Heck. What do I know about British accents.

2 Likes

Hagrid was my favourite character on Harry Potter. He too recently passed away during the Covid years.

2 Likes

Kris Kristofferson, A Star Is Born Actor and Country Legend, Dies at 88

Not only a great song writer but helicopter pilot too. He led an interesting life!

2 Likes