The latest from California

San Bernardino, CA- In a recent bill presented to the Senate, law enforcement officers would be required to request permission from their shift supervisor before utilizing their service weapon. The bill, titled “A Second Chance”, is geared towards “preventing police atrocities.” As part of the bill, officers finding themselves in a life threatening situation would first need to call their supervisor and ask before introducing their service weapon into the scenario. Further, the supervisor would then in turn have to call a local civilian committee to discuss the matter so that a community backed decision can be made. These steps would be taken prior to drawing not only their firearm but any other weapon, including tasers, OC spray and batons.

In addition to this, officers approved for use of force will be informed of the number of rounds available for use in their particular situation and they will be required to yell “fire” in between each allotted round.

BNN was able to speak to Senator (and presidential hopeful) Kamala Harris, the bill’s proud sponsor who stated, “This is just a great idea all the way around. Not only will the decreased amount of gun shots help with greenhouse gas emissions, but it will force officers to check their privilege. A person shouldn’t be shot at just because they are trying to kill a police officer.”

Proponents of the new bill say it should be viewed as a type of Community Policing, aimed at improving public relations, particularly in cities with increased amounts of police violence. A local group that identifies as Antifa is tossing their support into the ring and celebrated the bill’s introduction by smashing local parking meters with bats while wearing masks and chanting “Parking is a right so let’s make its left.”

Predictably, many police unions weren’t as ecstatic about the proposed bill. One Chicago area union representative had this to say: “Our officers would be required to take shots, and then ask permission to return fire? Is this Chicago or a UN peacekeeping mission?” Groups of officers were seen carrying in gaming consoles at the start of their shift as they are now only responding to situations where a notarized letter is received in dispatch requesting the police to a location or mitigate circumstances that may touch on requiring to enforce the law.

The Chicago Chief of Police could not be reached for a statement. BNN did reach out to his handler, Mayor Rahm Emanuel, but his office declined to comment.

2 Likes

The military has rules of engagement but not suburban cops or meter maids? Sounds to me like you want more POC shot by the police. BLACK LIVES MATTER.

You really have no idea what you’re talking about. If you support this then I propose letting the law makers police the streets after dark.

Firing a weapon should be a last resort, not the first response from racist white cops.

Getting a job and being productive members of society should not be a last resort for people of color, it should be their first response.

I am not going to let racist comments like that get me down. You just jealous at a successful young black woman speaking the truth. I am sick and tired of my people getting killed by racist white cops, so if those racist white cops need to call their racist supervisors and ask permission first then it just might give a young black man a chance to survive.

Translation: it just might give a young black violent offender the chance he needs to escape from police to steal, rape, and kill another day.

So in your eyes all young black men are violent offenders? That is incredibly racist.

I’d say the majority of young black men are violent criminals or drug pushers. For the few that aren’t that way…I still don’t want anything to do with them.

Don’t call me a racist, my people have suffered enough you anti-Semitic black power lunatic.

2 Likes

Can we extend our border wall to include the eastern boundary of California?

Police departments already have rules of engagement it’s called a “Use of Force Policy”.

1 Like

Don’t piss Shlomo off, he just might lose his religion again and go full Allahu Akbar on your black ass.

I’m not scared of some basement dwelling racist. There is too much at stake to back down now. My people are under attack by racist whites all across this country. The police are the henchmen of the whites who want to break black bodies. No more. No justice, no peace.

Source of the OP, since he didn’t include it:

https://bluenewsnetwork.com/new-bill-would-require-officers-to-call-supervisor-before-drawing-weapons/

Just in case anyone was curious. Carry on.

3 Likes

And this would only add to the mantra “when seconds count, the police will respond in minutes.”

Well, they should not have any cops patrolling in your neighborhoods either! Its not like you guys won’t kill yourselves first anyway!

Thanks for highlighting this @asaratis - much appreciated.

1 Like

One would think that the ridiculousness of the text would give it away as BS.

1 Like

To be fair, I thought it was from the Onion at first, hence why I looked for the source to begin with.