The Case of Ross Ulbricht and the injustice of US Law

He must be dangerous and represent someone with a higher IQ than that of Government officials. Look what happened to Ted Kazinski?

2 Likes

People who don’t know who Ted Kazinski was, should look here: [ Ted Kaczynski - Wikipedia ] We shouldn’t compare Ross Ulbricht to this man.

The Ulbricht case is – unless there is something we haven’t been told about it – indeed an outrageous violation of justice. My guess is that Law Enforcement were angry at him for being so clever, and wanted to make an example of him.

Why Trump didn’t pardon him – or commute his sentence to time served – is a good question. Such an act would probably be popular with a lot of the younger ‘woke’ crowd, so it would be tactically smart as well as principled.

Can patriots learn any lessons from this case? I think so, namely: ‘Moral’ does not equal ‘legal’ does not equal ‘tactically smart’. When undertaking an enterprise, whether it be business or politics, you have to take into account all three, and make sure all three boxes are ticked.

What happened to TK is a tragedy in the most epic proportions! The CIA did this and they need to be killed in order for humility to regain its autonomy again! This case is outrageous!

1 Like

You do realise your link is not accurate and is a superficial account about TK right?

No, I don’t realize that. Set me straight.

I agree. Many people don’t know the real story of Ted Kaczynski and how the CIA used him as an experiment that went very wrong. Essentially the CIA were responsible for happened.

I wrote about ted Kaczynski in a separate thread some time ago.

1 Like

Dr. M beat me to it. It’s the Government that is a bad animal!

1 Like

Enlightening stuff. There has to be Karma justice some day right? I wonder?

Yes one has to wonder, but the wicked always seems to have the resources to escape justice or any accountability. Its the world we live in these days!

Why do you think they went after Ulbricht? This case is as puzzling as is confounding to the rule of law.

I’m sorry, but I don’t see the relevance of the replies.

Is the argument that Kaczinsky didn’t make those bombs and didn’t kill anyone?

No.

Do you know anything about MK Ultra and Kaczynsky’s being used as a test subject? Or are you one of those who will claim this part of the story as being conspiracy theory?

I do know about MK Ultra. But what makes you think Kaczinsky was part of that?

When mass murderer Ted Kaczynski was a 16-year-old undergraduate student at Harvard, he took part in a behavioral engineering project run by the CIA. It was part of the US government’s illegal MKUltra project, which ruined the lives of many innocent and unwitting test subjects around the world.

The study was run by Dr. Henry Murray, who had each of his 22 subjects write an essay detailing their dreams and aspirations. The students were then taken to a room where electrodes were attached to them to monitor their vitals as they were subjected to extremely personal, stressful, and brutal critiques about the essays they had written. Following the psychological attacks, the participants were forced to watch the videos of themselves being verbally and psychologically assaulted multiple times. Kaczynski is claimed to have had the worst physiological reaction to being interrogated. These experiments, paired with his lack of social skills and memories of being bullied as a child, caused Kaczynski to suffer from horrible nightmares that eventually drove him to move into isolation outside Lincoln, Montana.

The June 2000 issue of The Atlantic has a good, very long, article about this terrible experiment.

3 Likes

It is a fact! I am surprised you don’t know about that! I won’t disagree with you on the other part in terms of his actions, while I never condoned his actions, the CIA definitely had a part in his mental instability and that is all I am saying!

Okay, fine. Why do you believe that? What have you read that makes you think that?

Whoops … just scrolled back and saw your reference … I’ll read that Atlantic article. I’ve just started reading Poisoner In Chief – Sidney Gottlieb and the CIA Search for Mind Contol. by Stephen Kinzer
(Amazon.com: Stephen Kinzer: books, biography, latest update

From the Amazon description:

The bestselling author of All the Shah’s Men and The Brothers tells the astonishing story of the man who oversaw the CIA’s secret drug and mind-control experiments of the 1950s and ’60s.

The visionary chemist Sidney Gottlieb was the CIA’s master magician and gentlehearted torturer―the agency’s “poisoner in chief.” As head of the MK-ULTRA mind control project, he directed brutal experiments at secret prisons on three continents. He made pills, powders, and potions that could kill or maim without a trace―including some intended for Fidel Castro and other foreign leaders. He paid prostitutes to lure clients to CIA-run bordellos, where they were secretly dosed with mind-altering drugs. His experiments spread LSD across the United States, making him a hidden godfather of the 1960s counterculture. For years he was the chief supplier of spy tools used by CIA officers around the world.

Stephen Kinzer, author of groundbreaking books about U.S. clandestine operations, draws on new documentary research and original interviews to bring to life one of the most powerful unknown Americans of the twentieth century. Gottlieb’s reckless experiments on “expendable” human subjects destroyed many lives, yet he considered himself deeply spiritual. He lived in a remote cabin without running water, meditated, and rose before dawn to milk his goats.

During his twenty-two years at the CIA, Gottlieb worked in the deepest secrecy. Only since his death has it become possible to piece together his astonishing career at the intersection of extreme science and covert action. Poisoner in Chief reveals him as a clandestine conjurer on an epic scale.

Another good reference not related to Kaczynski though but about the Pre MK-Ultra days is the Netflix series titled “Wormwood” based on a true story of a chemical bio engineer at Fort Detrich who the CIA secretly drugged without telling him. Very fascinating story. Changed my entire outlook of the US Government after watching it.

1 Like

Okay, thanks for this link as well. The Kinzer book doesn’t mention Kaczinsky, although it has a lot of other information about pretty awful things that were done at the time.

The problem is, the people doing this sort of thing justify hiding it from the public, because “we’re in a war”. And, abstractly, you can’t argue with them. Yes, in a war, you have to hide information from the enemy, and that means hiding it from your own people as well.

And, since we’ve been ‘at war’, ‘hot’ or ‘cold’ or in between, with one force or another, from the Nazis to the USSR to the Islamists, since 1941 …

Are you talking about Ted Kaczynski, who was known as the Unabomber before his identity was revealed by his own brother! He was a domestic terrorist for years killing 3 and wounding 23 others with his mail bombs, it was indeed an epic crime spree. He confessed in his manifesto that he sent to newspapers who published it and where his brother recognized the writing style and notified the Feds. Back then the DOJ worked for the people unlike now how they work against the people. You need a better example than TK that is for sure.