The Case of Ross Ulbricht and the injustice of US Law

This is Ross Ulbricht. 10 years ago today, Ross was arrested for creating a website. Yes you read that correctly. After reading this story, I have become convinced that I no longer have any faith in judicial system and a great injustice has been inflicted on a innocent man. On a personal level, I am thoroughly disgusted as this is about removing anyone who threatens the system of slavery as its clear as day why Ulbricht’s intent was from day one.

Read on.

If the government gets their way, he’ll die in prison.

Ross is serving a double life sentence plus 40 years for, again, creating a website.

If that sounds ridiculous and infuriating to you, keep reading. It gets worse.

Ross created a website called Silk Road, which he designed to be a free market, secure, anonymous marketplace. It used Bicoin for payment, and utilized a system called Tor which allowed buyers and sellers to access it anonymously and without any trace.

An avid libertarian, Ross prohibited anything being sold on Silk Road that violated the Non-Aggression Principle.

This included stolen items, counterfeit/fraudulent items, child p**n, assassinations, etc.

A devout believer in nonviolence, Ross also prohibited the sale of weapons.

Many items that were sold on Silk Road were legal, and a third-party study of the site inventory by Carnegie-Mellon University concluded that the drugs most commonly sold were small amounts of cannabis.

Most importantly, Ross was not convicted for selling, buying, or being in proximity to any of the items that were sold on Silk Road, legal or illegal.

He was convicted for what others did on the site.

Imagine if Elon, or Zuck, or any of the other owners of web platforms were charged for what other people did on them.

On October of 2013, Ross was arrested by the FBI and charged with money laundering conspiracy, computer hacking conspiracy, fake ID trafficking conspiracy and narcotics trafficking. (Ross did not actually launder money, hack computers or sell illegal items himself. These charges were based on what users listed on the site.)

After his arrest, the prosecution fraudulently alleged that Ross attempted to have several people killed, but never charged him for this at trial, and his supposed “victim”, Curtis Green, publicly stated that those allegations were false. He is a fervent supporter of Ross.

Despite the fact that these false, unproven allegations were never prosecuted, the federal government used them in the media to paint Ross as some kind of violent criminal kingpin, despite the fact that he was nonviolent and lived a very meager life, living with 3 other roommates in an apartment.

The FBI also seized over 144,000 Bitcoin that they found in a shared wallet on Ross’s computer, which today is worth over $3.8 billion.

During Ross’s trial:

• Evidence and testimony showing that multiple people ran the website was banned from being discussed at trial.

• Ross’s defense team was not allowed to cross-examine the prosecution’s witnesses or present their own witnesses

• Key exonerating evidence was blocked by the judge

• The prosecution was permitted to allege to the jury that Ross had hired hits on people despite never charging him with this or allowing him the opportunity to defend himself against the allegation

The jury found Ross guilty on all charges, and the judge sentenced this first-time, nonviolent person to double life plus 40 years without parole.

After Ross’s trial, two of the key investigating federal agents were convicted on corruption charges related to Ross’s case. Their existence was hidden from the jury during trial.

Despite all of this, Ross’s conviction was lost on appeal, and the Supreme Court refused to hear his case.

There is no other way to say it: Ross was railroaded by a corrupt federal government that wanted to make an example of him and steal his Bitcoin.

During his 10 years in prison, Ross has continued to be a model citizen, teaching classes and tutoring his fellow inmates and helping them to earn their GEDs. He has also completed several educational programs himself and has never received a single disciplinary sanction.

Ross Ulbricht is a peaceful, nonviolent man who has never harmed anyone and whose only “crime” was to create a website that other people used to sell drugs that shouldn’t be illegal in the first place.

And for this, he’s already spent a decade in prison.

If he is not pardoned, or his sentence commuted, he will die there.

That is unacceptable, and it is long past time for Ross to be set free.

Obama could have set Ross free with the stroke of a pen, but he wouldn’t.

Neither would Trump.

Neither has Biden.

Let’s replace them with someone who will.

Ross, I am sorry for what you’re going through, and I will not stop fighting for your freedom until you’re back home where you belong.

Free Ross Ulbricht.

For further information visit his website dedicated to freeing him.

3 Likes

Is this person a Palestinian or spoke bad against Jooos? This is extremely unsettling about an injustice being imposed without transparency!

2 Likes

The judicial system has been weaponized. A bad sign, as the case(s) against Trump shows

1 Like

He must be dangerous and represent someone with a higher IQ than that of Government officials. Look what happened to Ted Kazinski?

2 Likes

People who don’t know who Ted Kazinski was, should look here: [ Ted Kaczynski - Wikipedia ] We shouldn’t compare Ross Ulbricht to this man.

The Ulbricht case is – unless there is something we haven’t been told about it – indeed an outrageous violation of justice. My guess is that Law Enforcement were angry at him for being so clever, and wanted to make an example of him.

Why Trump didn’t pardon him – or commute his sentence to time served – is a good question. Such an act would probably be popular with a lot of the younger ‘woke’ crowd, so it would be tactically smart as well as principled.

Can patriots learn any lessons from this case? I think so, namely: ‘Moral’ does not equal ‘legal’ does not equal ‘tactically smart’. When undertaking an enterprise, whether it be business or politics, you have to take into account all three, and make sure all three boxes are ticked.

What happened to TK is a tragedy in the most epic proportions! The CIA did this and they need to be killed in order for humility to regain its autonomy again! This case is outrageous!

1 Like

You do realise your link is not accurate and is a superficial account about TK right?

No, I don’t realize that. Set me straight.

I agree. Many people don’t know the real story of Ted Kaczynski and how the CIA used him as an experiment that went very wrong. Essentially the CIA were responsible for happened.

I wrote about ted Kaczynski in a separate thread some time ago.

1 Like

Dr. M beat me to it. It’s the Government that is a bad animal!

1 Like

Enlightening stuff. There has to be Karma justice some day right? I wonder?

Yes one has to wonder, but the wicked always seems to have the resources to escape justice or any accountability. Its the world we live in these days!

Why do you think they went after Ulbricht? This case is as puzzling as is confounding to the rule of law.

I’m sorry, but I don’t see the relevance of the replies.

Is the argument that Kaczinsky didn’t make those bombs and didn’t kill anyone?

No.

Do you know anything about MK Ultra and Kaczynsky’s being used as a test subject? Or are you one of those who will claim this part of the story as being conspiracy theory?

I do know about MK Ultra. But what makes you think Kaczinsky was part of that?

When mass murderer Ted Kaczynski was a 16-year-old undergraduate student at Harvard, he took part in a behavioral engineering project run by the CIA. It was part of the US government’s illegal MKUltra project, which ruined the lives of many innocent and unwitting test subjects around the world.

The study was run by Dr. Henry Murray, who had each of his 22 subjects write an essay detailing their dreams and aspirations. The students were then taken to a room where electrodes were attached to them to monitor their vitals as they were subjected to extremely personal, stressful, and brutal critiques about the essays they had written. Following the psychological attacks, the participants were forced to watch the videos of themselves being verbally and psychologically assaulted multiple times. Kaczynski is claimed to have had the worst physiological reaction to being interrogated. These experiments, paired with his lack of social skills and memories of being bullied as a child, caused Kaczynski to suffer from horrible nightmares that eventually drove him to move into isolation outside Lincoln, Montana.

The June 2000 issue of The Atlantic has a good, very long, article about this terrible experiment.

3 Likes

It is a fact! I am surprised you don’t know about that! I won’t disagree with you on the other part in terms of his actions, while I never condoned his actions, the CIA definitely had a part in his mental instability and that is all I am saying!

Okay, fine. Why do you believe that? What have you read that makes you think that?

Whoops … just scrolled back and saw your reference … I’ll read that Atlantic article. I’ve just started reading Poisoner In Chief – Sidney Gottlieb and the CIA Search for Mind Contol. by Stephen Kinzer
(Amazon.com: Stephen Kinzer: books, biography, latest update

From the Amazon description:

The bestselling author of All the Shah’s Men and The Brothers tells the astonishing story of the man who oversaw the CIA’s secret drug and mind-control experiments of the 1950s and ’60s.

The visionary chemist Sidney Gottlieb was the CIA’s master magician and gentlehearted torturer―the agency’s “poisoner in chief.” As head of the MK-ULTRA mind control project, he directed brutal experiments at secret prisons on three continents. He made pills, powders, and potions that could kill or maim without a trace―including some intended for Fidel Castro and other foreign leaders. He paid prostitutes to lure clients to CIA-run bordellos, where they were secretly dosed with mind-altering drugs. His experiments spread LSD across the United States, making him a hidden godfather of the 1960s counterculture. For years he was the chief supplier of spy tools used by CIA officers around the world.

Stephen Kinzer, author of groundbreaking books about U.S. clandestine operations, draws on new documentary research and original interviews to bring to life one of the most powerful unknown Americans of the twentieth century. Gottlieb’s reckless experiments on “expendable” human subjects destroyed many lives, yet he considered himself deeply spiritual. He lived in a remote cabin without running water, meditated, and rose before dawn to milk his goats.

During his twenty-two years at the CIA, Gottlieb worked in the deepest secrecy. Only since his death has it become possible to piece together his astonishing career at the intersection of extreme science and covert action. Poisoner in Chief reveals him as a clandestine conjurer on an epic scale.