The 15 buck minimum wage. I love it when a plan comes together

Really, what makes you think so.

Why change something that works unless something else changes.

Raise wages either you cut hours to compensate or raise prices. They will make a stated profit. If you cannot raise prices as you will not b competitive you cut expose, hours or people.

Easy concept unless your in denial.

Why would Amazon move money to whole foods to raise wages? Every business stands or fails on it’s own.

You don’t like it, don’t shop there, oh wait you would never shop there as it’s more expensive than Walmarts.

Keep in mind that when Liberals whine about not having enough money to live off of and demand $15-an-hour minimum wage, this is what they’re spending their money on.

4 Likes

Bernie Sanders and other Leftists screeched and cried until Amazon agreed to raise their minimum wage … by removing employee bonuses. As always, Leftists don’t understand basic economics. Money doesn’t just magically appear - it’s going to come from somewhere.

2 Likes

I don’t have a problem with minimum wage laws, but they should be at the local level, not state and not federal. It doesn’t cost remotely the same to live in some small town in the midwest as it does in a coastal big city.

Oh and if you are an adult making minimum wage, you are doing something, probably more than one thing, wrong.

Hell everyone I know is looking for decent yard or house cleaning help, they are more than willing to pay 25 an hour. All they ask is that you do the job, show up on time, sober and don’t steal from them. If you can manage that, word of mouth will guarantee you as many clients as you can handle. And that’s under the table money.

Everybody needs asparagus water.

A staple of life and considered to be a human right.

3 Likes

Stop making so much sense! :wink:

You’d be surprised at just how difficult a concept this is for some people. I’ve met so many who could do just this and better their lives. Yet, they want nothing to do with it. No discipline and/or lack the ability to self direct. They don’t know what to do until someone tells them. Doesn’t matter what they make, they live paycheck to paycheck and are always broke.

And there is nothing wrong with that except when they blame others or want a free ride on the coattails of people like you and me who pay taxes.

I agree with this. Min. wage is very subjective based on region.

Wait… so you’re telling me, businesses exist to generate profit, and NOT to give shit away?

I’m literally shaking…

1 Like

Raise the minimum wage to $50 / hour. Everybody deserves a living wage…

Amazon didn’t just buy Whole Foods? What they can afford to buy Whole Foods, but they can’t afford to pay their newly acquired employees? I mean they were putting all of their profits back into the business just two years ago. What changed?

So they didn’t make billions in profit last year? I’m sure cutting their employees hours will ensure they make even more this year, since their profits are based solely on how many hours their employees work and have nothing to do with how many sales they generate, their level of customer service provided, or how quickly they turn around their products to consumers. All things their employees are responsible for. :roll_eyes:

What are you talking about, moving money? From your own OP,

direct result of guidance from our regional team

This was a management decision. What happened to personal responsibility?

This article explains one fact that should be obvious: For any given entity; a business, a state, a country…the minimum wage cannot exceed the GDP per capita. It cannot even approach that value without inducing bankruptcy.

Not sure of the date on this data, but it does illustrate the wide range of MW in various locales.

Here’s one from last year for the US.

Most people have never run a business. What is your source for the number of democratic politicians who have never run a business and how does it compare to the republicans?

No wonder libtards don’t like weapons, they only use them to hurt themselves.

Want more money, increase your productivity.

Perhaps they should thank their union.

Amazon purchased Whole Foods for $13 billion in August 2017 but was met with pressure from workers who collectively organizedto combat large operational shifts on the supermarket. The union, Whole Worker, was started in response to Amazon’s purchase to protect Whole Foods employees.

But then again, the wholesale workers are unskilled labor. How much is unskilled labor worth???

He is talking about a subsidiary having to stand on it’s own in regard to making a profit. It doesn’t make any sense to keep it if it doesn’t. So yes, Amazon as a whole might make billions, but that doesn’t mean it makes sense to keep whole foods if it can’t make a profit on its own.

I actually meant to say worked in the private sector, misspeak on my part. Nonetheless Democrats have a much more Government/Top Down menatality when it comes to prosperity.